DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said he spoke with Jalen Grimble on Thursday, and said the elite prospect is yet to decide whether the sanctions will alter his commitment.

"He's sitting on it right now," Sanchez said. "He wants to think it through."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/gorman-grad-grimble-firm-on-commitment-to-usc-96126744.html?ref=744

I still dont trust those used car salesman at USC, they are going to try and keep Jalen at any cost (pressumably by the book but you never know)

What these kids dont understand is that something like this is going to effect USC for another ten years. I dont see Jalen as 100% committed to USC at the moment.

:yeah see Miami, Alabama for proof. USC will be back - but it won't be during Jalen's career.

i'm sure lots of schools are comnig hard right now at these guys but how does Nebraska go about donig this without the trashing of USC (is it even possible) to lure Jalen anway without being too slimy about it

:dunno

I dont see this Jalen sticking with USC like EZ said. Hes gotta be looking at us now considering we are now in a prestigous academic conference, same coaches he fell in love with during the spring game.

I'd like to think we'd be in the drivers seat if he's reconsidering, but can't help thinking that he'll want to stay on the West Coast for his family's sakes. I think UCLA would be his next option.

I could be wrong, but....dunno.gif

What these kids dont understand is that something like this is going to effect USC for another ten years. I dont see Jalen as 100% committed to USC at the moment.

:yeah see Miami, Alabama for proof. USC will be back - but it won't be during Jalen's career.

i'm sure lots of schools are comnig hard right now at these guys but how does Nebraska go about donig this without the trashing of USC (is it even possible) to lure Jalen anway without being too slimy about it

:dunno

Just ask him if he wants to subject himself to the type of mess that USC will be in his whole career there.

Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said he spoke with Jalen Grimble on Thursday, and said the elite prospect is yet to decide whether the sanctions will alter his commitment.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/gorman-grad-grimble-firm-on-commitment-to-usc-96126744.html?ref=744

Whether Jalen comes to Nebraska or not, I'm almost for certain he will open it back up. His coach will definitely encourage him to think about opening it back up, for us in particular.

Whether Jalen comes to Nebraska or not, I'm almost for certain he will open it back up. His coach will definitely encourage him to think about opening it back up, for us in particular.

If he stays at USC then he is truly lost ... good luck ... I wouldn't want him.

SheepdogMark

If he stays at USC then he is truly lost ... good luck ... I wouldn't want him.

SheepdogMark

What kid would want to go to a program that can't go to a bowl game for his freshman and sophomore year and that during that time can only give 10-15 scholarships per year so that when it's the year after the bowl game they lack half a roster... oh yeah and all the current Juniors and Seniors are allowed to transfer without penalty, which I speculate several will since they have no chance of winning a championship, and they can transfer anywhere they want (UCLA, Florida, Nebraska, Texas) without having to sit out a year, they can go in and immediately play.

So Top Reasons to NOT go to USC for 2011 Recruits:

1. I speculate at east 25% of Jrs and Srs will leave the team (new coaching staff, can play immediately elsewhere, and no chance for championship)

2. You can not go to a bowl game your first two years

3. You can not win a national championship your first two years

4. During your first three years your school loses 10 scholarships per year (30 scholarships)

5. By the time 2013,2014,2015 comes around USC will be down 30 scholarships and will lack serious depth, not to mention

USC's tuition is $42,000/year... a price few can pay if they don't get a scholarship.

That's something I didn't think about––the coach. It seems so obvious that in this situation you're banking the future of your football career on a snake oil salesman whose corrupt institution was just castrated by the NCAA. Your chances of winning a title are precisely zero for the first two years, and about one in a million thereafter.

I guess I'm biased, though. Anyone who would play for Lane Kiffin is probably not as wise to the world as you'd like. Which is why I hope if Jalen persists in this madness that his coach tries to make him see reason and reality. LA isn't worth blowing your college career with a bunch of degenerates like Kiffin and USC, especially when their program was just set back for a decade.

That's something I didn't think about––the coach. It seems so obvious that in this situation you're banking the future of your football career on a snake oil salesman whose corrupt institution was just castrated by the NCAA. Your chances of winning a title are precisely zero for the first two years, and about one in a million thereafter.

I guess I'm biased, though. Anyone who would play for Lane Kiffin is probably not as wise to the world as you'd like. Which is why I hope if Jalen persists in this madness that his coach tries to make him see reason and reality. LA isn't worth blowing your college career with a bunch of degenerates like Kiffin and USC, especially when their program was just set back for a decade.

This is best way to describe recruits that play for lAME kIFFIN. It is amazing this guy is in charge of a football program like USC.

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Whispers with Mike Farrell has a piece on Jalen and that he might still be considering Nebraska after the sanctions brought down on USC.

On RSS there is a thread titled JG considering NU and UCLA

Looking good guys!