DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

unitl we see something credible i'm inclined to think these are only overly optomistic rumors..... dont get me wrong i would love to have JG and he has been one of my biggest loves (errr...) this recruiting season but i'm not holding my breath..... we need something more substantial or atleast sources of these rumors.. until then i dont really know if these rumors have much merti or legs to them......

unitl we see something credible i'm inclined to think these are only overly optomistic rumors..... dont get me wrong i would love to have JG and he has been one of my biggest loves (errr...) this recruiting season but i'm not holding my breath..... we need something more substantial or atleast sources of these rumors.. until then i dont really know if these rumors have much merti or legs to them......

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will go from 6 to midnight!

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will from 6 to midnight!

I understand that source is from Las Vegas but he mentioned 3 G. Aaron Green being the third. Not sure why the Grimbles would be attached to A Green in the commitments. Plus some news outlets have mentioned the Grimbles are cousins. Does anyone know if they are brothers or cousins???

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will from 6 to midnight!

I understand that source is from Las Vegas but he mentioned 3 G. Aaron Green being the third. Not sure why the Grimbles would be attached to A Green in the commitments. Plus some news outlets have mentioned the Grimbles are cousins. Does anyone know if they are brothers or cousins???

They are cousins and the guy that posted this is a pretty reliable poster. There has to be SOME legs to this. It might take awhile to play out though.

Cousins

Before the Grimble rumors started up last week, the Aaron Green rumor was already in full force. No connection between them other than the obvious "G" in their last names.

Cousins

Before the Grimble rumors started up last week, the Aaron Green rumor was already in full force. No connection between them other than the obvious "G" in their last names.

Yes, my bad on the "brothers" statement. I misread. :facepalm:

Cousins

So do you think this might a realistec possibilty huskernation?

Cousins

This guy that made this post doesn't post very often. Out of 400-ish posts on the pay site, I only see this one post/new thread. It has some serious activity on it, so that gives it some legs too.

It sounds logical. J. Grimble/Green for obvious reasons, but X. Grimble was one of 3 highly rated TE recruits to sign with USC last year. He committed early under Carol along with 1 other, then Kiffin comes in and signs a 3rd so his ties to the coaching staff is probably minimal to this point. However, they only have 1 JR, and 1 RS SO, (couple SRs) on their roster so it's fairly wide open for him to see the field early. Here he'd be going against Harper, Cotton, Hill, Reed, etc. Then again we use our TE's a lot more than USC (or did...who knows what the offense will entail this season).

Since he's not on their 2010 spring roster I'm assuming he hasn't enrolled yet. Would X still have to sit out a year?

It sounds logical. J. Grimble/Green for obvious reasons, but X. Grimble was one of 3 highly rated TE recruits to sign with USC last year. He committed early under Carol along with 1 other, then Kiffin comes in and signs a 3rd so his ties to the coaching staff is probably minimal to this point. However, they only have 1 JR, and 1 RS SO, (couple SRs) on their roster so it's fairly wide open for him to see the field early. Here he'd be going against Harper, Cotton, Hill, Reed, etc. Then again we use our TE's a lot more than USC (or did...who knows what the offense will entail this season).

Since he's not on their 2010 spring roster I'm assuming he hasn't enrolled yet. Would X still have to sit out a year?

I would assume so since he did sign his LOI, but I dont know how binding that really is for a kid who isnt even on campus yet.

Maybe we could move X to WR I dont know just throwing out an idea. :dunno

I would assume so since he did sign his LOI, but I dont know how binding that really is for a kid who isnt even on campus yet.

I don't think you would move him. He seems to already have pro-caliber size for a TE. USC has TE's that are 6'4" and 255 as freshmen. He would have to sit out a year. Once a letter is signed and accepted, I am under the impression the University has to release the recruit for good cause and he must sit out a year. USC may try to dictate where he goes too, if he is asking for a (full) release.

Cousins

I would certainly love to snag them both. Jalen would be my #1 though. Xavier was in last years recruiting class but I don't believe he is on USC's campus yet. Also it is worth noting that USC took 3 :star:star:star:star tight ends in the 2010 signing class, Xavier being one of them. Now I don't know the rules on transferring before stepping foot on campus, but he DID sign his letter of intent FWIW. Another issue would be if NU can free up a scholarship for him. They are full right now, but there has been rumors that Braylon won't make it. Look for that scholarship to go out to Xavier possibly. I would hate to lose Braylon, but it would hurt less if NU made up for it by landing Xavier.

Cousins

I would certainly love to snag them both. Jalen would be my #1 though. Xavier was in last years recruiting class but I don't believe he is on USC's campus yet. Also it is worth noting that USC took 3 :star:star:star:star tight ends in the 2010 signing class, Xavier being one of them. Now I don't know the rules on transferring before stepping foot on campus, but he DID sign his letter of intent FWIW. Another issue would be if NU can free up a scholarship for him. They are full right now, but there has been rumors that Braylon won't make it. Look for that scholarship to go out to Xavier possibly. I would hate to lose Braylon, but it would hurt less if NU made up for it by landing Xavier.

• Fire 1

Cousins

Thanks for the updates btw! :thumbs

The rumor flying around about Braylon yesterday might have got it legs from this rumor starting too. I agree I would certainly hate to loose Braylon but that actually might give the green light to Aaron Green. Who knows? It will be a fun summer though!

I don't think you would move him. He seems to already have pro-caliber size for a TE. USC has TE's that are 6'4" and 255 as freshmen. He would have to sit out a year. Once a letter is signed and accepted, I am under the impression the University has to release the recruit for good cause and he must sit out a year. USC may try to dictate where he goes too, if he is asking for a (full) release.

Good pint, but since the staff gave McNeill the "adjuster" name it would not surpirse me (if we get X) that he takes McNeills place at that spot.