DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

Considering the timeline of events and the people who have talked to him, I would not at all be surprised to see Jalen commit.

But the problem is the more high profile you get, the more you worry about decommits later on down the road. Guys who pull the trigger in a flash also un-pull the trigger. Not that I have any reason to think Jalen would be more likely to do that than anyone else––aside from his one decommitment already––but it's April of 2010. A lot can change between now and next February.

Jalen is in the class of 2011.Two year bowl ban would end 2011-2012 season.He wouldn,t miss a bowl game his Freshman and Sophomore season.If the appeal comes through,he wouldn,t miss one at all....FIGHT ON.

Jalen is in the class of 2011.Two year bowl ban would end 2011-2012 season.He wouldn,t miss a bowl game his Freshman and Sophomore season.If the appeal comes through,he wouldn,t miss one at all....FIGHT ON.

Try again. He's in the recruiting class of 2011 - which means he's a freshman come fall 2011. The Trojans will be ineligible for bowl games following the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which means Jalen won't be going to a bowl game in frosh year.

Try again. He's in the recruiting class of 2011 - which means he's a freshman come fall 2011. The Trojans will be ineligible for bowl games following the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which means Jalen won't be going to a bowl game in frosh year.

He was talking about USC's appeal to have their penalty reduced to only a one year bowl ban, I believe. If this is the case and USC wins their appeal, the class of 2011 will NOT miss any bowl games. But CMON... are we really going to bow down and say, "Ok, you're right, almighty USC & and head coach Mega Douche, we were too hard on you. Sorry."? I hope not.

The impact of losing 10 scollies per year for 3 years is a huge hit too. This will make all the recruiting classes weaker and that will have an impact on all talent around him too. These recruits have more to weigh than just bowling at the end of this year and next year. Don't you like the

way USC has self-imposed a 1 year ban? They are trying to say, hey we are punishing ourselves for 1 year. Sorry, USC, you don't get to hand out your own punishment. Take the golden spoon out of the baby food jar and set down on the table, this discussion is not over just yet.

These penalties will screw USC for at least a decade. Losing 30 schollies over 3 years is a lot of players. It couldnt have happened to a nicer coach or a nicer program. :)

Kids have to decide whether they want to subject themselves to this mess, or to compete for championships elsewhere. Personally, I would choose the latter.

Jalen will make the smart choice this time around. He made the choice of women, weather, snake coach, and star power the first time around. He will realize that hes going to get the best Dline coaching in the country and fan support that USC wish they had, and come to nebraska.

These penalties will screw USC for at least a decade. Losing 30 schollies over 3 years is a lot of players. It couldnt have happened to a nicer coach or a nicer program. :)

Kids have to decide whether they want to subject themselves to this mess, or to compete for championships elsewhere. Personally, I would choose the latter.

Miami bounced back in less than a decade. And so did Bama. If any school has the capacity to bounce back quickly, it's SC. With the way Kiffin recruits and Monte calls defense, it won't be a decade for them IMO.

But that said, I do hope Jalen jumps ship...

Miami bounced back in less than a decade. And so did Bama. If any school has the capacity to bounce back quickly, it's SC. With the way Kiffin recruits and Monte calls defense, it won't be a decade for them IMO.

how much longer does monte coach though?

A decade is along time for a kid that only has 3-5 years on the team. While Miami/Alabama might reassure a few USC fans, it certainly won't reassure anyone with an outlook that doesn't extend very far into the future.

Bama got in trouble? I dont remember. Not doubting you at all, I just dont remember penalties at Bama.

Miami might be competitive again, but they are far from where they were.

Bama got in trouble? I dont remember. Not doubting you at all, I just dont remember penalties at Bama.

Randy Shannon was at Miami back when they were getting paid by boosters. It is documented on the "The U". A well known rapper was paying players based on how well they played in games. I am surprised no one has called him out on those allegations.

The only penalty Bama has was they hired Shula to coach for way too long. That was sad!!!

Bama had a 2 year postseason ban, 5 years probation, and scholarship limitations in the early 2000's. They also got in trouble in the mid 90's but it was only a 1 year postseason ban and less scholly limitations.