Ohio Pete

DE Jalen Grimble

Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said he spoke with Jalen Grimble on Thursday, and said the elite prospect is yet to decide whether the sanctions will alter his commitment.

"He's sitting on it right now," Sanchez said. "He wants to think it through."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/gorman-grad-grimble-firm-on-commitment-to-usc-96126744.html?ref=744

I still dont trust those used car salesman at USC, they are going to try and keep Jalen at any cost (pressumably by the book but you never know)

What these kids dont understand is that something like this is going to effect USC for another ten years. I dont see Jalen as 100% committed to USC at the moment.

What these kids dont understand is that something like this is going to effect USC for another ten years. I dont see Jalen as 100% committed to USC at the moment.

:yeah see Miami, Alabama for proof. USC will be back - but it won't be during Jalen's career.

:yeah see Miami, Alabama for proof. USC will be back - but it won't be during Jalen's career.

i'm sure lots of schools are comnig hard right now at these guys but how does Nebraska go about donig this without the trashing of USC (is it even possible) to lure Jalen anway without being too slimy about it

:dunno

I dont see this Jalen sticking with USC like EZ said. Hes gotta be looking at us now considering we are now in a prestigous academic conference, same coaches he fell in love with during the spring game.

I dont see this Jalen sticking with USC like EZ said. Hes gotta be looking at us now considering we are now in a prestigous academic conference, same coaches he fell in love with during the spring game.

I'd like to think we'd be in the drivers seat if he's reconsidering, but can't help thinking that he'll want to stay on the West Coast for his family's sakes. I think UCLA would be his next option.

I could be wrong, but....dunno.gif

i'm sure lots of schools are comnig hard right now at these guys but how does Nebraska go about donig this without the trashing of USC (is it even possible) to lure Jalen anway without being too slimy about it

:dunno

Just ask him if he wants to subject himself to the type of mess that USC will be in his whole career there.

Gorman coach Tony Sanchez said he spoke with Jalen Grimble on Thursday, and said the elite prospect is yet to decide whether the sanctions will alter his commitment.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/gorman-grad-grimble-firm-on-commitment-to-usc-96126744.html?ref=744

Whether Jalen comes to Nebraska or not, I'm almost for certain he will open it back up. His coach will definitely encourage him to think about opening it back up, for us in particular.

Whether Jalen comes to Nebraska or not, I'm almost for certain he will open it back up. His coach will definitely encourage him to think about opening it back up, for us in particular.

If he stays at USC then he is truly lost ... good luck ... I wouldn't want him.

SheepdogMark

If he stays at USC then he is truly lost ... good luck ... I wouldn't want him.

SheepdogMark

What kid would want to go to a program that can't go to a bowl game for his freshman and sophomore year and that during that time can only give 10-15 scholarships per year so that when it's the year after the bowl game they lack half a roster... oh yeah and all the current Juniors and Seniors are allowed to transfer without penalty, which I speculate several will since they have no chance of winning a championship, and they can transfer anywhere they want (UCLA, Florida, Nebraska, Texas) without having to sit out a year, they can go in and immediately play.

So Top Reasons to NOT go to USC for 2011 Recruits:

1. I speculate at east 25% of Jrs and Srs will leave the team (new coaching staff, can play immediately elsewhere, and no chance for championship)

2. You can not go to a bowl game your first two years

3. You can not win a national championship your first two years

4. During your first three years your school loses 10 scholarships per year (30 scholarships)

5. By the time 2013,2014,2015 comes around USC will be down 30 scholarships and will lack serious depth, not to mention

USC's tuition is $42,000/year... a price few can pay if they don't get a scholarship.

That's something I didn't think about––the coach. It seems so obvious that in this situation you're banking the future of your football career on a snake oil salesman whose corrupt institution was just castrated by the NCAA. Your chances of winning a title are precisely zero for the first two years, and about one in a million thereafter.

I guess I'm biased, though. Anyone who would play for Lane Kiffin is probably not as wise to the world as you'd like. Which is why I hope if Jalen persists in this madness that his coach tries to make him see reason and reality. LA isn't worth blowing your college career with a bunch of degenerates like Kiffin and USC, especially when their program was just set back for a decade.

That's something I didn't think about––the coach. It seems so obvious that in this situation you're banking the future of your football career on a snake oil salesman whose corrupt institution was just castrated by the NCAA. Your chances of winning a title are precisely zero for the first two years, and about one in a million thereafter.

I guess I'm biased, though. Anyone who would play for Lane Kiffin is probably not as wise to the world as you'd like. Which is why I hope if Jalen persists in this madness that his coach tries to make him see reason and reality. LA isn't worth blowing your college career with a bunch of degenerates like Kiffin and USC, especially when their program was just set back for a decade.

This is best way to describe recruits that play for lAME kIFFIN. It is amazing this guy is in charge of a football program like USC.

Weekly Whispers with Mike Farrell has a piece on Jalen and that he might still be considering Nebraska after the sanctions brought down on USC.

On RSS there is a thread titled JG considering NU and UCLA

Looking good guys!

It's occuring so frequently I'm sure our coaches have a scripted plan of attack against UCLA. It's getting crazy how many top notch recruits we are battling rick for.

Based on Owa's decision, our coaches better revise that script. Slick Rick is a relentless recruiter (to put it politely). The fact that Jalen initially chose to play for a guy like Kiffin makes me worry that he might buy into Rick's snake oil over Bo's no-nonsense approach. And this coming from a UCLA alum and Bruin fan.

It's occuring so frequently I'm sure our coaches have a scripted plan of attack against UCLA. It's getting crazy how many top notch recruits we are battling rick for.

Based on Owa's decision, our coaches better revise that script. Slick Rick is a relentless recruiter (to put it politely). The fact that Jalen initially chose to play for a guy like Kiffin makes me worry that he might buy into Rick's snake oil over Bo's no-nonsense approach. And this coming from a UCLA alum and Bruin fan.

Owa and Jalens recruitments are completely opposite. Owa had his Mother yanking him one way and his heart yanking him the other way and slick rick played in to that Mother factor like a weasel. Jalen doesnt have that going on, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his famly isnt pulling him where THEY want him to go.

not this year he isnt.. for the longest time they didnt have a single recruit... now have three... two three star guys and a two.....

i hope we land JG if true

i think the mainthink about USC UCLA and those flash schools is they sell a lifestyle... fast cars being famous, lots of chicks center of attention front and center.. while at Nebraska we sell our program and the positive things it offers... and if YOU excell and do your best through the program great things can happen for you at the next level..... lots of kids can't connet the dots sometimes and obviously get caught up in the LA nightlife stripclub flashy exsistence on the visit or whatever.....

not this year he isnt.. for the longest time they didnt have a single recruit... now have three... two three star guys and a two.....

i hope we land JG if true

i think the mainthink about USC UCLA and those flash schools is they sell a lifestyle... fast cars being famous, lots of chicks center of attention front and center.. while at Nebraska we sell our program and the positive things it offers... and if YOU excell and do your best through the program great things can happen for you at the next level..... lots of kids can't connet the dots sometimes and obviously get caught up in the LA nightlife stripclub flashy exsistence on the visit or whatever.....

I guarantee you that UCLA's lack of early commits is in no way an indication that Rick has changed his recruiting approach or style. Don't forget that UCLA only had two commits this time last year and still came away with a great class.

Owa and Jalens recruitments are completely opposite. Owa had his Mother yanking him one way and his heart yanking him the other way and slick rick played in to that Mother factor like a weasel. Jalen doesnt have that going on, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his famly isnt pulling him where THEY want him to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Jalen's entire family want him to come to Nebraska?

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Jalen's entire family want him to come to Nebraska?

his dad was really impressed with nebraska and i think thought it would be a good idea for him to come here.....

His dad loved Nebraska, but to say that he is pushing Jalen like Owas mom pushed him wouldnt be accurate.

If we get Jalen, do you think Xavier will follow him to NU?

Depends on if Xavier is on USC's campus or not.

I am not a lawyer but when is someone going to file a lawsuit that any underclassmen and redshirts should be able to transfer from USC if this NCAA bowl ban is upheld. It is descriminatory to say that only Juniors and Seniors can transfer. All of the athletes are being punished by USC with this ban. Why can a junior transfer and a freshman can't? It doesn't make sense. They all should have the ability to go bowling for all four years. The USC Juniors and Seniors went bowling as Frosh and Soph but now since they may miss a bowl or two they can transfer. The freshmen and soph are going to miss bowl games too, so it should make sense to let them jump ship if they want to. Looks like Henderson is already getting ready to pull ripcord on his USC scolly.

Does anyone else think this stinks?????

If it happens that Jalen and Xavier head to Nebraska(and that is a big IF - I would guess that LouisianaHusker over at RSS is batting .500 on his predictions at best), I think it is very likely that it will be soon. It would make sense for Xavier to transfer immediately and sit out this year so he will be ready when Jalen arrives next year.

I am not a lawyer but when is someone going to file a lawsuit that any underclassmen and redshirts should be able to transfer from USC if this NCAA bowl ban is upheld. It is descriminatory to say that only Juniors and Seniors can transfer. All of the athletes are being punished by USC with this ban. Why can a junior transfer and a freshman can't? It doesn't make sense. They all should have the ability to go bowling for all four years. The USC Juniors and Seniors went bowling as Frosh and Soph but now since they may miss a bowl or two they can transfer. The freshmen and soph are going to miss bowl games too, so it should make sense to let them jump ship if they want to. Looks like Henderson is already getting ready to pull ripcord on his USC scolly.

Does anyone else think this stinks?????

A case against the NCAA on this is moot. It's not as though you are required to attend a NCAA institution. By attending one you agree their their binding decisions and bylaws. It's sort of like suing the company you work at because they said you can't play next week's softball game because your team's captain was wasting company time. The court's don't have the jurisdiction to act in this case to force the NCAA to reverse it's decision. If they said something like all black freshman couldn't transfer but all Hispanic USC recruits could without sanction, then you'd have a law suit.

unitl we see something credible i'm inclined to think these are only overly optomistic rumors..... dont get me wrong i would love to have JG and he has been one of my biggest loves (errr...) this recruiting season but i'm not holding my breath..... we need something more substantial or atleast sources of these rumors.. until then i dont really know if these rumors have much merti or legs to them......

unitl we see something credible i'm inclined to think these are only overly optomistic rumors..... dont get me wrong i would love to have JG and he has been one of my biggest loves (errr...) this recruiting season but i'm not holding my breath..... we need something more substantial or atleast sources of these rumors.. until then i dont really know if these rumors have much merti or legs to them......

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will go from 6 to midnight!

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will from 6 to midnight!

I understand that source is from Las Vegas but he mentioned 3 G. Aaron Green being the third. Not sure why the Grimbles would be attached to A Green in the commitments. Plus some news outlets have mentioned the Grimbles are cousins. Does anyone know if they are brothers or cousins???

With everything happening at USC I wouldn't close the door on this yet. A credible source over on the Rival's message board has hinted about both brothers. If that happens I swear I will from 6 to midnight!

I understand that source is from Las Vegas but he mentioned 3 G. Aaron Green being the third. Not sure why the Grimbles would be attached to A Green in the commitments. Plus some news outlets have mentioned the Grimbles are cousins. Does anyone know if they are brothers or cousins???

They are cousins and the guy that posted this is a pretty reliable poster. There has to be SOME legs to this. It might take awhile to play out though.

Cousins

Before the Grimble rumors started up last week, the Aaron Green rumor was already in full force. No connection between them other than the obvious "G" in their last names.

Cousins

Before the Grimble rumors started up last week, the Aaron Green rumor was already in full force. No connection between them other than the obvious "G" in their last names.

Yes, my bad on the "brothers" statement. I misread. :facepalm:

Cousins

So do you think this might a realistec possibilty huskernation?

Cousins

This guy that made this post doesn't post very often. Out of 400-ish posts on the pay site, I only see this one post/new thread. It has some serious activity on it, so that gives it some legs too.

It sounds logical. J. Grimble/Green for obvious reasons, but X. Grimble was one of 3 highly rated TE recruits to sign with USC last year. He committed early under Carol along with 1 other, then Kiffin comes in and signs a 3rd so his ties to the coaching staff is probably minimal to this point. However, they only have 1 JR, and 1 RS SO, (couple SRs) on their roster so it's fairly wide open for him to see the field early. Here he'd be going against Harper, Cotton, Hill, Reed, etc. Then again we use our TE's a lot more than USC (or did...who knows what the offense will entail this season).

Since he's not on their 2010 spring roster I'm assuming he hasn't enrolled yet. Would X still have to sit out a year?

It sounds logical. J. Grimble/Green for obvious reasons, but X. Grimble was one of 3 highly rated TE recruits to sign with USC last year. He committed early under Carol along with 1 other, then Kiffin comes in and signs a 3rd so his ties to the coaching staff is probably minimal to this point. However, they only have 1 JR, and 1 RS SO, (couple SRs) on their roster so it's fairly wide open for him to see the field early. Here he'd be going against Harper, Cotton, Hill, Reed, etc. Then again we use our TE's a lot more than USC (or did...who knows what the offense will entail this season).

Since he's not on their 2010 spring roster I'm assuming he hasn't enrolled yet. Would X still have to sit out a year?

I would assume so since he did sign his LOI, but I dont know how binding that really is for a kid who isnt even on campus yet.

Maybe we could move X to WR I dont know just throwing out an idea. :dunno

I would assume so since he did sign his LOI, but I dont know how binding that really is for a kid who isnt even on campus yet.

I don't think you would move him. He seems to already have pro-caliber size for a TE. USC has TE's that are 6'4" and 255 as freshmen. He would have to sit out a year. Once a letter is signed and accepted, I am under the impression the University has to release the recruit for good cause and he must sit out a year. USC may try to dictate where he goes too, if he is asking for a (full) release.

Cousins

I would certainly love to snag them both. Jalen would be my #1 though. Xavier was in last years recruiting class but I don't believe he is on USC's campus yet. Also it is worth noting that USC took 3 :star:star:star:star tight ends in the 2010 signing class, Xavier being one of them. Now I don't know the rules on transferring before stepping foot on campus, but he DID sign his letter of intent FWIW. Another issue would be if NU can free up a scholarship for him. They are full right now, but there has been rumors that Braylon won't make it. Look for that scholarship to go out to Xavier possibly. I would hate to lose Braylon, but it would hurt less if NU made up for it by landing Xavier.

Cousins

I would certainly love to snag them both. Jalen would be my #1 though. Xavier was in last years recruiting class but I don't believe he is on USC's campus yet. Also it is worth noting that USC took 3 :star:star:star:star tight ends in the 2010 signing class, Xavier being one of them. Now I don't know the rules on transferring before stepping foot on campus, but he DID sign his letter of intent FWIW. Another issue would be if NU can free up a scholarship for him. They are full right now, but there has been rumors that Braylon won't make it. Look for that scholarship to go out to Xavier possibly. I would hate to lose Braylon, but it would hurt less if NU made up for it by landing Xavier.

• Upvote 1

Cousins

Thanks for the updates btw! :thumbs

The rumor flying around about Braylon yesterday might have got it legs from this rumor starting too. I agree I would certainly hate to loose Braylon but that actually might give the green light to Aaron Green. Who knows? It will be a fun summer though!

I don't think you would move him. He seems to already have pro-caliber size for a TE. USC has TE's that are 6'4" and 255 as freshmen. He would have to sit out a year. Once a letter is signed and accepted, I am under the impression the University has to release the recruit for good cause and he must sit out a year. USC may try to dictate where he goes too, if he is asking for a (full) release.

Good pint, but since the staff gave McNeill the "adjuster" name it would not surpirse me (if we get X) that he takes McNeills place at that spot.

Considering the timeline of events and the people who have talked to him, I would not at all be surprised to see Jalen commit.

But the problem is the more high profile you get, the more you worry about decommits later on down the road. Guys who pull the trigger in a flash also un-pull the trigger. Not that I have any reason to think Jalen would be more likely to do that than anyone else––aside from his one decommitment already––but it's April of 2010. A lot can change between now and next February.

Jalen is in the class of 2011.Two year bowl ban would end 2011-2012 season.He wouldn,t miss a bowl game his Freshman and Sophomore season.If the appeal comes through,he wouldn,t miss one at all....FIGHT ON.

Jalen is in the class of 2011.Two year bowl ban would end 2011-2012 season.He wouldn,t miss a bowl game his Freshman and Sophomore season.If the appeal comes through,he wouldn,t miss one at all....FIGHT ON.

Try again. He's in the recruiting class of 2011 - which means he's a freshman come fall 2011. The Trojans will be ineligible for bowl games following the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which means Jalen won't be going to a bowl game in frosh year.

Try again. He's in the recruiting class of 2011 - which means he's a freshman come fall 2011. The Trojans will be ineligible for bowl games following the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which means Jalen won't be going to a bowl game in frosh year.

He was talking about USC's appeal to have their penalty reduced to only a one year bowl ban, I believe. If this is the case and USC wins their appeal, the class of 2011 will NOT miss any bowl games. But CMON... are we really going to bow down and say, "Ok, you're right, almighty USC & and head coach Mega Douche, we were too hard on you. Sorry."? I hope not.

The impact of losing 10 scollies per year for 3 years is a huge hit too. This will make all the recruiting classes weaker and that will have an impact on all talent around him too. These recruits have more to weigh than just bowling at the end of this year and next year. Don't you like the

way USC has self-imposed a 1 year ban? They are trying to say, hey we are punishing ourselves for 1 year. Sorry, USC, you don't get to hand out your own punishment. Take the golden spoon out of the baby food jar and set down on the table, this discussion is not over just yet.