Why was there no Safety to prevent a long pass???

O'Hanlon has been burned numerous times in big games and little ones and misses tackles more than Helen Kellar. Yes, he made one big play in the Gator Bowl, at which I vowed never to rip him again, and had a QB throw the ball right to him this year, but you are the safety, IT WAS A COVER 2 defense he has only one responsibility a deep half.

Enough is enough, we need athletes on the field and Matt is about three steps too slow for conference. Start Thenarse even if he screws up someone will end up on their ass.

I am done with O'Hanlon....he made up for his inability to play in the Gator Bowl, but this latest debacle has put him at the bottom of my list. It is absolute stupidity what he did...how the hell do you let someone behind you? I wouldn't even put him on special teams...give him the water and let him watch!

This loss is very, very hard to take and it did not have to go this way. Punting the ball was totally the right call since the D had been playing great the entire game except for one player on one play.

I am done with O'Hanlon....he made up for his inability to play in the Gator Bowl, but this latest debacle has put him at the bottom of my list. It is absolute stupidity what he did...how the hell do you let someone behind you? I wouldn't even put him on special teams...give him the water and let him watch!

This loss is very, very hard to take and it did not have to go this way. Punting the ball was totally the right call since the D had been playing great the entire game except for one player on one play.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Like I said O'Hanlon=Clint Finley=Andrew Shanle. Bet your butt we have had better talent on the roster and continuously getting burned and missing tackles gets you a one way ticket to the sideline.

im in no way sticking up for o'hanlon, but you guys are putting an awful lot of blame on a guy that did end up making the tackle, and nothing on the corner that should have known better than to break free just to stand in that part of the field only to realize he effed up. corner thought it was breaking down into a run and slacked off to guard some grass, the same thing we had been throwing a safety net around the whole game. you want to say its not the corners responsibility? then you have to look at the d line on the last touchdown pass, that did the same effing thing. stood there. it worked the whole game, yes, but VT found a way, just like any team with talent will, to break even the best designed scheme given enough opportunities. VT capitalized on it. the end.

We don't know what the playcall was. I'd have to watch the replay again (sounds awful) to try to figure it out. If it was a cover 2 zone, well that's not a good playcall when you need to prevent deep passes, because you only have two guys deep. Even then O'Hanlon messed up by drifting to the middle of the field, but still... if it was a cover 2 zone than half the blame goes to the coaches.

On the other hand, it could have been a cover 3 zone (much smarter playcall) and West screwed up and played it like a cover 2. From the birdseye, it looked like O'Hanlon played it as a cover 3 while West played it as a cover 2. Either way somebody really screwed up badly and there is no way we should have given up any passes longer than 20 yards.

Who else is pissed off about the completion to Curenski Gilleylen where Lee had THE ENTIRE FIELD TO THROW IT TO!!!!!! No one was within 30 yards of Gilleylen and he throws it to a spot where he has to make a tip-toe catch!! He puts that ball in his chest, it's a touchdown, hands down and the game is F$%*ING over!!!!

:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

The sad part is, that pass ranks in the better half of his second half passes. That's not saying much at all.

im in no way sticking up for o'hanlon, but you guys are putting an awful lot of blame on a guy that did end up making the tackle, and nothing on the corner that should have known better than to break free just to stand in that part of the field only to realize he effed up. corner thought it was breaking down into a run and slacked off to guard some grass, the same thing we had been throwing a safety net around the whole game. you want to say its not the corners responsibility? then you have to look at the d line on the last touchdown pass, that did the same effing thing. stood there. it worked the whole game, yes, but VT found a way, just like any team with talent will, to break even the best designed scheme given enough opportunities. VT capitalized on it. the end.

Totally agree about the long pass play.....West should have been with that receiver all the way down the sideline...with no VT timeouts you take your chances if they run it, you don't take chances trying to hand off a streaking receiver to a safety....

Who else is pissed off about the completion to Curenski Gilleylen where Lee had THE ENTIRE FIELD TO THROW IT TO!!!!!! No one was within 30 yards of Gilleylen and he throws it to a spot where he has to make a tip-toe catch!! He puts that ball in his chest, it's a touchdown, hands down and the game is F$%*ING over!!!!

:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

The sad part is, that pass ranks in the better half of his second half passes. That's not saying much at all.

Yeah...at least it was catchable, which is more than you can say for most of his other second half passes...

The long pass was against a Cover 2 defense and O'Hanlon lost track of what the hell was going on, a reoccurring theme.

And for God's sake yes you punt the ball on the 4th and 1 and make an inept offense and a QB lacking dominate throwing skills drive a long ways to try to score winning TD. NO BRAINER!! Matt O'Hanlon will enjoy special teams the rest of the year while watching Thenarse.

Bo give out 10 Blackshirts this week.

Don't you think that if Thenarse did a better job he'd be out there? At this point I've got to believe Thenarse can't figure out where he is supposed to be in Bo's defense.

The long pass play was painful but hanging this game around O'Hanlon's neck is way too simple. The game should've been handled way before this.

The play that the long pass was a blitz with cover two over the top. Yes, I will throw a lot of this on O'Hanlon because Coale was his responsibility as a deep half. Both corners jammed their receivers and covered the flats, but Matt got caught looking into the backfield and losing track of his receiver. A Cover 2 is a great D to run against a team trying to drive the field with no time outs.

Thenarse started at the end of the year last year so there is no doubt that he gets it. At least when Ricky makes a mistake someone is going to get his head torn off because he will punish the opponent. Matt may know the D a little better but his missed tackles are killing us.

Yes we shot ourselves in the foot way to often today to beat a quality team like Va Tech, but Thenarse starts next week mark my words. And yes if he doesn't call me out I'll still be here questioning that decision.