Watson

REDSTEEL

Watson - past years results in bailing us out offensively while we had horrid defenses do not matter. Today, you didn't do it, so you get the blame. Watson, leave town, NOW!

[/sarcasm]

Must have missed that game when his offense bailed out the defense unless the defense he was playing was ranked 50 or above. <_<

here we go with throwing people under the bus because of a loss.

unbelievable

Dude...it's absolutely un-f'ing-believable how much of a meltdown this board is in. We played well in a very hostile stadium against a good VaTech team. You'd think we just lost to App St or something.

That isn't good enough. Bo is right, they have to finish Teams off. They had it 2nd and goal from the 3 and left the field with 3. They had 1st and Goal and left the field with a punt. To win games like this, you have to be able to deliver a Knock Out punch in those situations.

Pelini's headset throw was better than most of Lee's throws today. Cant call out a coach when his players HOLD, THROW PATHETIC PASSES to wide open WR, and have a TD not reviewed (may not have counted, but should have been caught if you are at a big time DI school).

Put the blame where it needs to be......players making too many mistakes in crucial areas at crucial times.

Can we now admit that our O-Line is not as great as we thought they were. Matt Hotchison agrees and he may know something about NU O-Line play. Helu had a great day, but on many of his runs he made Tech defenders miss. He did have a couple of nice holes but the majority of his yards were YAC.

The pass pro was very shaky even against a great defense. DJ Jones was abused in the first half and was benched. And guess what holding penalties usually result from? An O-Lineman getting dominated. They have promise but they are not that good.

Pelini's headset throw was better than most of Lee's throws today. Cant call out a coach when his players HOLD, THROW PATHETIC PASSES to wide open WR, and have a TD not reviewed (may not have counted, but should have been caught if you are at a big time DI school).

Put the blame where it needs to be......players making too many mistakes in crucial areas at crucial times.

The bottom line is the offense lacks big time speed. There's no one that can get open and separate. It sucks to watch a bunch of possession recievers run around covered like blankets. Niles Paul really isn't thta fast folks. He's about a 4.6 in the 40 at best. we need more speed.

Easy. It's ok to question Watson's playcalling. Not saying he should be fired but let's face it. Wasn't the greatest redzone playcalling today. Had some good calls...the corner pass after the big holding that took away a td...tech obviously didn't expect that. The td was a good call. the scramble by lee before that...but that's about it. 6 redzone opportunities...5 field goals. Can't say that's all player issues.

Absolutely, people are allowed to question the play calling.... I agree... I would have like to see the ball in Helu's hands on 3rd and 3 with 1:30 left..I am just saying to call for his job is ridiculous when it was the players who failed to execute many times...penalties are hard to pin on the coach.

Can we now admit that our O-Line is not as great as we thought they were. Matt Hotchison agrees and he may know something about NU O-Line play. Helu had a great day, but on many of his runs he made Tech defenders miss. He did have a couple of nice holes but the majority of his yards were YAC.

The pass pro was very shaky even against a great defense. DJ Jones was abused in the first half and was benched. And guess what holding penalties usually result from? An O-Lineman getting dominated. They have promise but they are not that good.

actually i was somewhat surprised by how well the Oline did. The first quarter they were missing blocks, but VaTech D line is good, and we had a good push running the ball and the pass pro was even good late in the game. It was just like, our recievers couldn't get open and lee couldn't hit them.

Watson - past years results in bailing us out offensively while we had horrid defenses do not matter. Today, you didn't do it, so you get the blame. Watson, leave town, NOW!

[/sarcasm]

Must have missed that game when his offense bailed out the defense unless the defense he was playing was ranked 50 or above. <_<

What difference does it make what type of defense we were playing as long as our defense is giving up tons of points?

So, last year coming out of the half against Clemson, after getting stomped in the 1st half, Watson making the needed adjustments just goes un-noticed?

Or the defense giving up nearly 500 yards to Kansas and we still won by 10?

Or the Colorado game where we made Cody Hawkins look actually good?

Hell, you can even bring up where we scored 39 points and lost or the time we scored 51 points and lost.

The difference being, Watson has ALWAYS fielded quality offenses for us and shown an ability to adapt. If you couldn't see that last year, especially in that Clemson game, then I don't know.

People are quick to throw someone under the bus. It's sad that someone as good as Watson has to get it this time.

I'm not doubting Watson's ability. I gave him credit for last season. Just wondering why we force the run against fau on the goal to go but won't give it to helu this time. Mixed message to the offense. I still feel like our identity varies week to week a little too much. I understand adjustments and defensive weakness but i can't help but wonder why roy didn't get the workload when it really mattered.

I think our run blocking from the 2nd quarter on was quite good, and yeah, I'd say we were wearing them down to some extent there. But our pass blocking wasn't that great. I think they got too much pressure on Lee. As a positive, though, it wasn't usually the type of pressure where he was outright sacked, so he had chances to make plays. Unfortunately he was pretty cold for a good part of the game and wasn't tossing the rock too well.