Bo's news conference

np_husker

Yea, Callahan was polite..

Bo is different which is what i like.

Besides the sometimes the media ask such stupid questions and act like idiots, and i guess Bo doesnt like idiots. haha.

Stupid announcer, asked Bo what happened on the big pass play. Bo responds, you know what happened, they excuted a big play and we didnt.

No, BC always gave the same canned answers, never took responsibility for anything.

The boys deserve to get ran and ran hard.. they cant accept losses like that.. i hope Suh or some other leaders step up before the coaches and say "we cant accept this, we need to play better"

Suh doesnt need to do that. Lee needs to do that.

Well, i agree with what you are saying but Lee proved today he is not a leader, he plays well, we win.. Suh is a leader, and a quiet one at that.. if he gets vocal players WILL take note

As a team, yes they need to play better. Many individuals stood out defensively today, just didn't have the total offense to match the D.

Yea, i dont know how many times we were within the 10yd line looking for a score, and instead of pounding it in. The playcall was a pass... bad choices.

I'm glad our coach is pissed. He should be. He should be so flipping angry with himself that he doesn't sleep tonight. Then tomorrow he gets up, shaves, goes into the office and promises himself that he's never going to let a team we had bludgeoned half to death steal a win from his team ever again. And it starts with playing to win, not playing not to lose, like he did on that 4th and 1 punt.

I watched the press conf. and thought that Bo was a "little" bit rude and unclassy, but understandably so.... As a coach, I truly hope that he addressed his team better than he did the media... Yes, I hope he held them accountable, but they played their asses off for him today and I hope he didn't step on their throat, cause they were probably hurting enough...

I am sure that he handled things right, and I am not saying that I know more than Bo, just hoping he acted a little better behind closed doors.

Yea, Callahan was polite..

Bo is different which is what i like.

Besides the sometimes the media ask such stupid questions and act like idiots, and i guess Bo doesnt like idiots. haha.

Stupid announcer, asked Bo what happened on the big pass play. Bo responds, you know what happened, they excuted a big play and we didnt.

No, BC always gave the same canned answers, never took responsibility for anything.

No, that is a fantasy that you believe in because you want to. I distinctly remember Callahan accepting responsibility for his losses - the game that sticks out in my mind, if I recall now, is that Big 12 CCG vs OU - and this isn't the first time I've brought that up. There's a little more to coaching than staying classy with the media, but give BC some credit where it's due.

However, at this point I've got nothing bad to say about Bo. We nearly had this victory, and I'm glad he's our head coach.

Ya lets be nice and all happy that you lost a game that you should've won.....makes a lot of sense....lets hire Callahan back. I'm glad that Bo was pissed at the press conference because we had the game won but a lot of football players for Nebraska didn't come to play football.

There was a lot of pressure on Bo's part because of this losing streak on the road to ranked opponents in the top 25 since 97' and haven't beat a team in the top 20 since 2005. There were a lot of sports anaylists, fans, players that had confidence in Nebraska to win this game and to have us lose in that fashion is kindof embarassing.

We had the game won for 58 minutes and had blown coverages and stupid penalties that cost us the game and thats unacceptable. Bo knows it, Tom knows it, and I know it. I hope that Bo lays it too the players come Monday and works their asses off come practice. I hope that the players learn from this and feed off of it to take it to everybody else on our schedule.

I just watched the news conference, and I have to say, I don't think he was especially out of line or rude with the media. He was curt, and clearly ticked off. But he was restrained and courteous. Didn't raise his voice, ended with a "thanks guys."

I think the criticism here is jumping the gun.

Different coaches have different styles. I think there was nothing wrong with how Bo handled it.

I can see where he might be upset...but he should direct some of that towards himself. Why with less than a minute to go would you not put a player back on the 20 yard line to make damn sure nobody got past there? That was totally stupid on his part. The only way they could beat us was with a touchdown...and time was running out on them, as was their downs...

:bang

I will be wearing a bandage on my head for the next couple of weeks from banging my head on the TV and screaming at it on that play...guess I better schedule that CAT scan, too...hell, just as well get an EKG to make sure my heart is going to make it...

This was one of the toughest losses we have ever had...