WR Willis Wright

I hope he is getting recruited at WR because we need at least another one for this

he could kill it for us RIGHT AWAY.. i wonder if recruits see the chance for themseleves to be a major player right away for us on offense... getting this guy would defintely soften the blow of some of the others things that have gone on for us this year in terms of recruiting.... lots of ups and downs but lots of ups!!!!

come on bruddah willis we need you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was checking on ESPN, and I saw that he was 4 stars and he is in the top 20 receivers. Why aren't people going after him harder?

Perhaps the coaches are and we just don't know about it. or maybe Wright told them he doesn't want to come here?

Who knows. I have heard his grades are suspect as well.

I would like 1 more WR in this class, but I would be surprised if this guy is it.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like West Virginia is the school to beat

Wright has taken official visits to Nebraska, Florida State, Florida International and now West Virginia. He says he was supposed to visit Miami as well, but he couldn’t find a ride in time to get to their campus. That said, he has decided not to take a fifth visit, so West Virginia will be his last. As of now, he says WVU and Miami are his top two schools.

When he watches the upcoming Gator Bowl, he’ll be checking out two schools that he has taken official visits to, but he is not going to be torn between them – he’s rooting for the Mountaineers.

“I don’t like Florida State like that. My little brother likes Florida State and we always bet and I always bet against Florida State.”

Wright likes what he has seen in Morgantown – even though he obviously picked a quiet weekend for his first trip to campus – but the facilities and the indoor practice Saturday were the highlights of his visit.

“The practice was wonderful. I liked a lot of what I saw. It was very organized.”

The increased interest that Wright has shown in WVU over the past few months is in large part a result of his relationship with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway. Seeing how Galloway worked on the practice field Saturday solidified Wright’s opinion of the man as a coach he would certainly enjoy playing for.

“I’m really starting to like Coach Galloway. He’s a great person, he knows how to have fun, and I see that he and his players get along with each other.”

As many positive attributes as Wright has found in Galloway, it is safe to say the receivers coach has been similarly impressed with what he has seen out of one of his top prospects. Wright is confident whichever school he chooses will not be disappointed with the player they are getting.

“I bring a lot of effort to the table,” he says. “I really like to put in work to try and help my team win and have their backs. I just want the team and the coaches that I’m playing for to have my back."

Wright has equal interest in his potential school’s playbook as he does its textbooks, and he and his family have discussed the importance of academics now that he is in position to accept a full scholarship at a major university. He says a combination of factors will go into the decision he makes, but ultimately, he trusts that the right choice will be made for him on signing day.

“On decision day, God may tell me West Virginia is a great place for me, but I’m just waiting for February 3rd.”

WVU is starting to move to a pass more offense...cause before this year they mainly recruited shorter "athletes" and put them at WR instead of recruiting natural WR's....

Now that you mention it, that seems to be the case. Maybe there is gradual shift in philosophies happening over there? Afterall it was Rodriguez who masterminded the spread option over there, but now Stewart is probably making some alterations? :dunno

• 3 weeks later...

ESPNU 150 wide receiver Willis Wright names five finalists

Four-star prospect Willis Wright (Miami/Springs) updated ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com on the current status of his recruitment.

"West Virginia, UM, Ole Miss, USF and FIU," Wright said. "My visits were real cool. I liked everything I saw, but I got to be a man and make my own decision. It got to make the decision as to where I want to be the next few years."

He continued, "I am waiting til signing date, February 3rd, that's my decision date."

Wright, who also made an official visit to Nebraska, caught 29 passes for 677 yards (23.3 average) and 10 touchdowns as a senior.

Apparently we are out of it.

ESPNU 150 wide receiver Willis Wright names five finalists

Four-star prospect Willis Wright (Miami/Springs) updated ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com on the current status of his recruitment.

"West Virginia, UM, Ole Miss, USF and FIU," Wright said. "My visits were real cool. I liked everything I saw, but I got to be a man and make my own decision. It got to make the decision as to where I want to be the next few years."

He continued, "I am waiting til signing date, February 3rd, that's my decision date."

Wright, who also made an official visit to Nebraska, caught 29 passes for 677 yards (23.3 average) and 10 touchdowns as a senior.

Apparently we are out of it.

We've been out of it for a while.

• 2 weeks later...