WR Miles Onyegbule

While it's most likely that Miles will be a Longhorn if offered, he did say that he knows and likes Coach Beck because he recruited Miles's older brother Max to Kansas.

So if by chance the Longhorns don't offer Miles at their Junior Day, then having Coach Beck recruiting him for us might help our chances.

While it's most likely that Miles will be a Longhorn if offered, he did say that he knows and likes Coach Beck because he recruited Miles's older brother Max to Kansas.

So if by chance the Longhorns don't offer Miles at their Junior Day, then having Coach Beck recruiting him for us might help our chances.

Miles will be a longhorn. Name one kid from Texas who was offered a scholarship to play at UT who doesn't go there... ESPECIALLY at the Receiver position. People outside of Texas might go somewhere else, but there are VERY FEW who decline to play at UT.

Here's some information for all of you guys who are not from Texas,

UT is VERY hard to get into as a high school student. Their academics are top notch and unless you have like a 1300SAT out of 1600 then you can forget getting into that school. UT in Texas is up there with Rice. It has a better law school than SMU and a business school that is one of the best in the country. Their academics compete on some levels with ivy league schools. The campus is over 60,000... around here we call it a city within a city. They have their own buss system, their own mass transportation system with trains and everything. They're HUGE and are one of the top party schools in the country. The school is extremely liberal and pro gay/lesbian for the most part. 6th street in Austin has been known to be one of the top party spots in the world. The weather is nice, their football program brings in close to double what NU's does, their facilities are just as good if not better, their stadium seats more people and has a bigger score board, they are in the top 5 year in and year out. These kids can go there and be within 4 hours from home from almost any urban city in Texas and they grow up into the Longhorns like Nebraska kids are into the cornhuskers.

When UT offers a Texas kid... it is almost impossible to pull that kid out of state to NU. Some kids go to OU because of its proximity to Texas and still prestigious program...but good luck pulling them all the way to NU. And I say all this as a Strong NU fan. I'm sick of UT and have had to live in Texas my whole life putting up with their crap and their fans..ugh.

Miles will be a longhorn. Name one kid from Texas who was offered a scholarship to play at UT who doesn't go there... ESPECIALLY at the Receiver position. People outside of Texas might go somewhere else, but there are VERY FEW who decline to play at UT.

UT is VERY hard to get into as a high school student. Their academics are top notch and unless you have like a 1300SAT out of 1600 then you can forget getting into that school. UT in Texas is up there with Rice. It has a better law school than SMU and a business school that is one of the best in the country. Their academics compete on some levels with ivy league schools. The campus is over 60,000... around here we call it a city within a city. They have their own buss system, their own mass transportation system with trains and everything. They're HUGE and are one of the top party schools in the country. The school is extremely liberal and pro gay/lesbian for the most part. 6th street in Austin has been known to be one of the top party spots in the world. The weather is nice, their football program brings in close to double what NU's does, their facilities are just as good if not better, their stadium seats more people and has a bigger score board, they are in the top 5 year in and year out. These kids can go there and be within 4 hours from home from almost any urban city in Texas and they grow up into the Longhorns like Nebraska kids are into the cornhuskers.

When UT offers a Texas kid... it is almost impossible to pull that kid out of state to NU. Some kids go to OU because of its proximity to Texas and still prestigious program...but good luck pulling them all the way to NU. And I say all this as a Strong NU fan. I'm sick of UT and have had to live in Texas my whole life putting up with their crap and their fans..ugh.

:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting

UT is VERY hard to get into as a high school student. Their academics are top notch and unless you have like a 1300SAT out of 1600 then you can forget getting into that schoolUT in Texas is up there with Rice.. It has a better law school than SMU and a business school that is one of the best in the country. Their academics compete on some levels with ivy league schools. The campus is over 60,000... around here we call it a city within a city. They have their own buss system, their own mass transportation system with trains and everything. They're HUGE and are one of the top party schools in the country. The school is extremely liberal and pro gay/lesbian for the most part. 6th street in Austin has been known to be one of the top party spots in the world. The weather is nice, their football program brings in close to double what NU's does, their facilities are just as good if not better, their stadium seats more people and has a bigger score board, they are in the top 5 year in and year out. These kids can go there and be within 4 hours from home from almost any urban city in Texas and they grow up into the Longhorns like Nebraska kids are into the cornhuskers.

I heeard when Owa made his spreadsheet the size of the stadium's scoreboard was on the list. :sarcasm

As for the pieces in bold (I do this because I hate it when people spit out numbers as fact without doing at least a little research)

Lache Seastrunk

Corey Nelson

Jake Matthews

Aaron Franklin

Ahmad Dixon

Ross Apo (reciever)

Torrea Peterson

...which means about 24% of their in-state offers chose to go elsewhere.

SAT: The exam consists of three parts: Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing. The scores from each section can range from 200 to 800, so the best possible total score is 2400. (1300 doesn't seem as impressive now does it?)

Most schools take the reading/math composits when doing comparison. As for comparing Texas to Rice - here are the actual numbers. (25th/75th percentiles)

Texas

Reading - 530/670

Math - 570/690

Rice

Reading - 650/750

Math - 670/780

So the bottom 25% of Rice is still almost smarter that the majority of UT. As for how NU stacks up against Texas? Almost identical, Texas edges nebraska by about 10-20 points. Not exactly significant.

Texas brings in $87 million, Nebraska $55 million. $23 million shy of double. NU ranked #2 in 2008 football revenue in the Big 12. From a pure "value" perspective it's even closer.

1. Texas (second last season), $119 million team value, $59 million profit. 2007: $92 million team value, $46 million profit.

4. Nebraska (18th last season), $93 million team value, $49 million profit. you read that right, 18th - 4th in 1 year (without an appearance in the Big 12 Championship). Thank you Bo/TO. 2007: $49 million team value, $12 million profit.

I think we are gaining just fine on Texas in the $$$ category.

Seriously, you used a gay/lesbian opinion as an argument for why football players go to UT? I won't even get into this one.

Since 1980 Texas has only been in the AP top 5, 7 times with 1 National Championship. NU, 9 times with 3 National Championship.

• Fire 5

I heeard when Owa made his spreadsheet the size of the stadium's scoreboard was on the list. :sarcasm

As for the pieces in bold (I do this because I hate it when people spit out numbers as fact without doing at least a little research)

Lache Seastrunk

Corey Nelson

Jake Matthews

Aaron Franklin

Ahmad Dixon

Ross Apo (reciever)

Torrea Peterson

SAT: The exam consists of three parts: Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing. The scores from each section can range from 200 to 800, so the best possible total score is 2400. (1300 doesn't seem as impressive now does it?)

Most schools take the reading/math composits when doing comparison. As for comparing Texas to Rice - here are the actual numbers. (25th/75th percentiles)

Texas

Reading - 530/670

Math - 570/690

Rice

Reading - 650/750

Math - 670/780

So the bottom 25% of Rice is still almost smarter that the majority of UT. As for how NU stacks up against Texas? Almost identical, Texas edges nebraska by about 10-20 points. Not exactly significant.

Texas brings in $87 million, Nebraska $55 million. $23 million shy of double. NU ranked #2 in 2008 football revenue in the Big 12. From a pure "value" perspective it's even closer.

1. Texas (second last season), $119 million team value, $59 million profit. 2007: $92 million team value, $46 million profit.

4. Nebraska (18th last season), $93 million team value, $49 million profit. you read that right, 18th - 4th in 1 year (without an appearance in the Big 12 Championship). Thank you Bo/TO. 2007: $49 million team value, $12 million profit.

Seriously, you used a gay/lesbian opinion as an argument for why football players go to UT? I won't even get into this one.

Since 1980 Texas has only been in the AP top 5, 7 times with 1 National Championship. NU, 9 times with 3 National Championship.

And a +1 to you my good sir! I'm going to be honest here though. Living in the northeast section of Nebraska, in highschool I would say 25% of our student body consisted of diehard Texas fans. Trust me it was annoying. The point I'm trying to make though is that allegiance to the state school is not always as strong as we like to think for us, or Texas kids. Play the right game and say the right things, and you can snag players from anywhere. I grew up my whole life thinking I was going to UNL for school and ended up in South Dakota in a program of study that was just as good as Lincolns. And I agree with KC, don't act like it's the end all be all to get into Texas because it is not. I have lots of idiot classmates that were only decent in school that made it down there.

UT is VERY hard to get into as a high school student. Their academics are top notch and unless you have like a 1300SAT out of 1600 then you can forget getting into that schoolUT in Texas is up there with Rice.. It has a better law school than SMU and a business school that is one of the best in the country. Their academics compete on some levels with ivy league schools. The campus is over 60,000... around here we call it a city within a city. They have their own buss system, their own mass transportation system with trains and everything. They're HUGE and are one of the top party schools in the country. The school is extremely liberal and pro gay/lesbian for the most part. 6th street in Austin has been known to be one of the top party spots in the world. The weather is nice, their football program brings in close to double what NU's does, their facilities are just as good if not better, their stadium seats more people and has a bigger score board, they are in the top 5 year in and year out. These kids can go there and be within 4 hours from home from almost any urban city in Texas and they grow up into the Longhorns like Nebraska kids are into the cornhuskers.

Lache Seastrunk

Corey Nelson

Jake Matthews

Aaron Franklin

Ahmad Dixon

Ross Apo (reciever)

Torrea Peterson

Texas

Reading - 530/670

Math - 570/690

Rice

Reading - 650/750

Math - 670/780

Okay first of all that post was not about "what is" it is about "what is perceived" by high school students. I doubt you are a high school student. And the things I listed above are not "statements of truth" they are statements of perception by high school students. It does not mean they are accurate. But unfortunately when you are dealing with 18 year olds accurate isn't what always gets people to school, it's perception. I am telling you that I live in Texas, grew up in Texas, went to high school and college in Texas and have heard for over 2 decades, year after year, Texans think these things about UT even though you just pointed out they are highly innacurate. I can not tell you how often I run into Texas friends who truly believe UT credentials are competitive with Rice. And as far as the SAT score, I am fully aware of the additional 800 point writing section, but purposefully eliminated it due to the fact that VERY few schools look at it when figuring out whether they are going to accept students or not. (at least every school I applied to didn't). I know I could have gotten into UNL with a combined reading and writing score of 1000. I have several friends who did not get accepted to UT with 1260's... a lot of times only the top 10% of students coming out of high schools get into UT. There are few outside of this percentage that make it in. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS FACT. Yes, a lot of the things I listed are false assumptions... but it is people's perception of UT... right or wrong. Come to Texas, ask Texas residing UT fans and High schoolers and they will tell you these things over and over again.

Lache Seastrunk

Corey Nelson

Jake Matthews

Aaron Franklin

Ahmad Dixon

Ross Apo (reciever)

Torrea Peterson

Texas

Reading - 530/670

Math - 570/690

Rice

Reading - 650/750

Math - 670/780

Okay first of all that post was not about "what is" it is about "what is perceived" by high school students. I doubt you are a high school student. And the things I listed above are not "statements of truth" they are statements of perception by high school students. It does not mean they are accurate. But unfortunately when you are dealing with 18 year olds accurate isn't what always gets people to school, it's perception. I am telling you that I live in Texas, grew up in Texas, went to high school and college in Texas and have heard for over 2 decades, year after year, Texans think these things about UT even though you just pointed out they are highly innacurate. I can not tell you how often I run into Texas friends who truly believe UT credentials are competitive with Rice. And as far as the SAT score, I am fully aware of the additional 800 point writing section, but purposefully eliminated it due to the fact that VERY few schools look at it when figuring out whether they are going to accept students or not. (at least every school I applied to didn't). I know I could have gotten into UNL with a combined reading and writing score of 1000. I have several friends who did not get accepted to UT with 1260's... a lot of times only the top 10% of students coming out of high schools get into UT. There are few outside of this percentage that make it in. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT IS FACT. Yes, a lot of the things I listed are false assumptions... but it is people's perception of UT... right or wrong. Come to Texas, ask Texas residing UT fans and High schoolers and they will tell you these things over and over again.

oh no...It's HuskerJen all over again. :facepalm:

• Fire 2

I grew up in Austin and UT isn't necessarily all that great of a school, but it is hard to get into. I applied to UT just for the hell of it (I wouldn't of gone there either way) and didn't get in with a 1330/1600 on the SAT. Reason being, most kids in Texas want to go to school at UT so Texas uses that as leverage and only accepts "the best..." My point is that the academics at Texas aren't bad, but not far superior to schools like Nebraska.

So another poster refutes your statements with facts and data, and you come back with opinions and attitude. I seriously doubt you have polled enough people in Texas to make the claim that "most" think UT is a prestigious academic institution. You and the people you know might think that, but with a population over 26 million, you'd need to get the opinions of over 13 million to make your statement accurate and probably at least half a million to make it credible. And putting something in caps and calling it a fact does not make it true. Do you have any data or links to support any of the things you have said?

So another poster refutes your statements with facts and data, and you come back with opinions and attitude. I seriously doubt you have polled enough people in Texas to make the claim that "most" think UT is a prestigious academic institution. You and the people you know might think that, but with a population over 26 million, you'd need to get the opinions of over 13 million to make your statement accurate and probably at least half a million to make it credible. And putting something in caps and calling it a fact does not make it true. Do you have any data or links to support any of the things you have said?

Here is a link to a blog with a discussion you might find applicable... Texas vs. Rice

Top Universities in Texas

An article write up from diplomaguide.com...

University of Texas-Austin

The University of Texas at Austin is a public educational institution and was founded in 1883. It has an undergraduate student population of 36,878. It has also been recognized as being one of the 'public ivy' schools and is ranked 44th by U.S. News & World Report. The University of Texas has 16 colleges and schools: Architecture, School of Business, College of Communications, College of Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Graduate Studies, School of Information, the Jackson School of Geosciences, the LBJ School of Public Affairs, College of Liberal Arts, School of Law, College of Natural Sciences, College of Pharmacy, School of Nursing and School of Social Work. Tuition rates vary depending on the school a freshman or freshwoman enters into

Here's another one...

UNL is #43, UT is #15.

USNews

Out of all Universities (private and public, ivy league included) UT comes in at #47, UNL comes in at #96.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/compare/items+2565+3658

Here are the rankings for the best business schools... UT #18, Nu doesn't make the list.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/rankings/page+2

Here's an article about Texas High School talent going to Texas...http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/post/_/id/421/much-of-areas-best-talent-heads-to-texas

Now when discussing strictly Football academics, UNL beats UT...

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/top-stories/ncaa-survey-reveals-ut-football-players-have-low-graduation-rates-1.2093044 The fact that UT fails to graduate so many football players could mean one of two things. 1. They don't have the academic support level that NU has. 2. The athletes have much lower GPA's and SAT/ACT scores than a majority of other students and thus these kids have trouble in UT because it's too hard for them.

Here's another article about UT's recruiting power in the state of Texas...

http://www.star-telegram.com/358/story/1945477.html

UT made $87.6million in profit in 2008, UNL made $55.2million...

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=4750560

• Fire 1

This Nebraska vs Texas talk is all fine and dandy but could we get back on track talking about Miles Onyegbule. Miles hasn't been offered a Texas schollarship yet but according to Rivals within the next 2 weeks or so Texas should be offering this kid and he's basically going to be a Texas lock and will accept their schollarship.