Why did Husker fans hate Sal so much?

tmfr15

There is nothing funny about it. It is sickening to show that little class then and now.

A young man died. Could be your son. We are above those type of remarks or actions. It truly makes us lower than any of their fans to think that it was appropriate or funny.

Disgust is the only word that describes some remarks made on here.

I completely agree with this.

Yes. Some also cheered it during NU vs. CU games following his death.

yup.

in lincoln.

most disgusting thing I ever witnessed at memorial stadium and I'll never forget it.

the good news- it looked like less than thirty and they were quickly shouted down by good folks.

earlier there was even a jackass in warmups shouting at the CU players "who's f%&^&^ McCartney's daughter now?"

my brother yelled at him to STFU.

he turned and saw my "little" brother and he did STFU. wise move.

several folks wanted to pummel the tard.

very classless.

It wasn't Sal that Husker fans had problems with. It was how McCartney used Sal's death to build his team and program. Sal knocked up McCartney's daughter. However, McCartney had no problem using him to build up his program.

Yup that's it. The entire backfield was banging McCartney's daughter but she just KNEW the superstar was the baby daddy.

My favorite recollection is that McCartney's wife called Sal and told him "not to let the pregnancy or anything else distract him from his football playing."

After McCartney released his book on the Sal season I told everybody who'd listen it should have been subtitled "MY GRANDSON'S A BASTARD!"

It was McCartney who put the retarded Buffalo hate target on our back. Wasn't he the one who said he didn't care if they were 1-11 as long as that one win was over Nebraska?

After leaving CU McCartney either joined or founded Promise Keepers but eventually had to leave it after disclosing he had cheated on his wife some years earlier. Whenever someone at church tries to get me to attend one of those sham meetings I ALWAYS play the Bill McCartney card.

May that poor boy rest in peace, I wish his kid all the success he deserves ... and the McCartney's can rot in hell.

Yup that's it. The entire backfield was banging McCartney's daughter but she just KNEW the superstar was the baby daddy.

My favorite recollection is that McCartney's wife called Sal and told him "not to let the pregnancy or anything else distract him from his football playing."

After McCartney released his book on the Sal season I told everybody who'd listen it should have been subtitled "MY GRANDSON'S A BASTARD!"

It was McCartney who put the retarded Buffalo hate target on our back. Wasn't he the one who said he didn't care if they were 1-11 as long as that one win was over Nebraska?

After leaving CU McCartney either joined or founded Promise Keepers but eventually had to leave it after disclosing he had cheated on his wife some years earlier. Whenever someone at church tries to get me to attend one of those sham meetings I ALWAYS play the Bill McCartney card.

May that poor boy rest in peace, I wish his kid all the success he deserves ... and the McCartney's can rot in hell.

Wow. That's a lot of misplaced hatred you've got going on there.

It wasn't Sal that Husker fans had problems with. It was how McCartney used Sal's death to build his team and program. Sal knocked up McCartney's daughter. However, McCartney had no problem using him to build up his program.

Are you serious?

My best friends fiance' back in 86' during the NU/CU game in Boulder had a cup of urine poured all over her. I hated McCartney for instigating that type of fan behavior, and doing nothing about it.

Don't mean to go religious on everyone here, but I always had the impression that Jesus died for sinners.

Misplaced?

Misplaced?

Misplaced.