Nebraska should be a Top 10 team next year

FLU

Yes the focus is the now and the Rajun Cajuns and then onto Big XII play, but one can't get a little giddy looking at next year. Lose Hickman and Holt(not a big loss) as offensive starters and Suh(pretty big loss), Turner, Asante, and O'Hanarse(whichever one is our FS at said time). Z Lee has a year under his belt, a very capable back up QB whose role should expand next year, a stud RB and backup RB, Niles Paul as a senior(put up or shut up time), an experience line(heard that before though), experienced and older LBs, and very good CB depth. Oh yeah, our best player will only be a junior working for back to back Groza Awards(that's Henery).

The schedule is set up. Worse cream puffs than this, Washington could be a good non-conference game for us. Nebraska gets the key North games at home and face a Colt McCoy less Longhorn team at home and an OSU team with a new QB and without Dez Bryant.

Top Ten? Maybe, maybe not all depends on the present. But special, chances look good.

I would like to see us line up with a top team and actually win the game. No matter what happened we lost last week, no moral victories to talk the talk.

When we have won a game considered a game then we might have the right to talk.

This staff and this team have beaten absolutely no one, this year or last.

I would like to see us win the North this year, I could care less about next year, I may not live long enough to see it. When we have won the North I would like to think we will not be routed by the South team we face.

With the QB play, mental mistakes, pentalties and questionable play calls in our last big game I do not have the faith that some have for next year. We are not a good team. Good teams do not let games like last week happen. When those things stop and we play 60 minutes then possibly we can look to the future and hope.

Do something then talk.

Hard to be placed in the Top 10 in preseason polls coming off a 6-6 season.

6 and 6 Come on man at least be in the ballpark. We arent going to come off a 9-4 season and regress that far in Pelinis second year. Thats ridiculous. UNLESS Green is our starter because of injury to Lee but even then I think we will be better than 6-6. <_<

BTW By the tone of your posts I suggest you post more frequently in the woodshed. PM any mod or admin for the password.

By the word tone I mean that you are out to stir up a reaction IMO which in the shed is not a problem.

With the talent they will have returning, and barring an unexpected collapse this season, I would think that the Huskers would be projected to be a Top 10 team next year. Any thoughts?

It would help if we could beat a ranked team first.

:yeah

Losing a guy like Suh might hurt unless someone that hasn't done anything yet appears out of no where and suddenly become an all American. So out of watching a offense that struggled against a good opponent and losing an first round draft pick lineman the Huskers are going to be in the top ten? :hellloooo

Hard to be placed in the Top 10 in preseason polls coming off a 6-6 season.

6 and 6 Come on man at least be in the ballpark. We arent going to come off a 9-4 season and regress that far in Pelinis second year. Thats ridiculous. UNLESS Green is our starter because of injury to Lee but even then I think we will be better than 6-6. <_<

BTW By the tone of your posts I suggest you post more frequently in the woodshed. PM any mod or admin for the password.

By the word tone I mean that you are out to stir up a reaction IMO which in the shed is not a problem.

I'm not trying to troll...not trying to flame...not trying to stir up a reaction.....and I already have the woodshed password.

I'm glad you guys have faith in the Huskers, much like I have faith in Mizzou.

There are some out here (some that have posted in this thread) that don't drink the Kool-Aid.

They might agree with a lot of my predictions.

I will post what I honestly think will happen with the Husker games.

I'm posting honestly and not trying to be a dik.

I predicted the first three games correctly in a pool at work.

I'll pick it up with the ULL game.

Louisiana-Lafayette - W (Easy win. Huskers named 2009 Sun Belt Champs)

Missouri - L (Sorry...but I'm drinking the Tiger juice. I think the Tigers season really starts to roll on October 8)

Texas Tech L (Gave Texas a game. This game might go either way, but I'll go with my preseason prediction).

Iowa State W (Black hole - easy win)

Baylor L (Mizzou had a tough time at Baylor last year. Griffin a year wiser. I'm not convinced the Huskers can contain him. If he gets past the front line, forget it).

Oklahoma L (With or without Bradford....it's a loss for the 'skers)

Kansas L (Probably the best in the North. Very experienced team)

Kansas State W (Snyder dreading his decision to return)

Colorado W (Trying to save Hawkins job might bode bad for the Huskers, but I have faith in your team).

That my friends is a 6-6 season.

At best 7-5 if you can hold off both Texas Tech and Colorado.

Your squad better not overlook Baylor. They are tougher than they appear. A definite trap game.

I look forward to a retort with no name calling.....you see, I'm trying to play by the rules.

Louisiana-Lafayette - W (Easy win. Huskers named 2009 Sun Belt Champs)

Missouri - L (Sorry...but I'm drinking the Tiger juice. I think the Tigers season really starts to roll on October 8)

Texas Tech L (Gave Texas a game. This game might go either way, but I'll go with my preseason prediction).

Iowa State W (Black hole - easy win)

Baylor L (Mizzou had a tough time at Baylor last year. Griffin a year wiser. I'm not convinced the Huskers can contain him. If he gets past the front line, forget it).

Oklahoma L (With or without Bradford....it's a loss for the 'skers)

Kansas L (Probably the best in the North. Very experienced team)

Kansas State W (Snyder dreading his decision to return)

Colorado W (Trying to save Hawkins job might bode bad for the Huskers, but I have faith in your team).

I'm now officially questioning your football acumen. I'm also wondering if you even watched the VT game. I'll give you a pass on our PPV Sunbelt games, but even then all you have to do is watch Big XII No Huddle on FOX and you can pick up the highlights.

Let me help you out where I see some problems...

Missouri - I appreciate your Tiger-aid drinking, I really do, but you have zero evidence that your Tigers will triumph. Your SOS is 111th in the nation (Sagarin) compared to Nebraska's 73rd. The toughest team MU has played is Bowling Green, whom the Tigers needed a desperate comeback to beat at home. BG is ranked 77th in the nation by Sagarin. From this you draw the conclusion that your season will "really start" October 8th. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this is pure kool-aid.

Texas Tech - Again, zero evidence to support a loss for Nebraska. As well as we played them last year, on their turf, with better players on the Tech squad and our defense still learning the system, giving them this win is not supported by what evidence we have. It will be a difficult game - they did play Texas tough at Texas. But even with our DEF learning the system on the fly last year Nebraska held the Red Raider passing attack to fewer yards and points than Texas, and that was even playing an overtime period.

Baylor - You cite Mizzou's struggle with Baylor last year. What of it? We're talking Nebraska, not Missouri. Last year Nebraska held Griffin to fewer yards and points than Missouri. Sure you struggled with him. We didn't. We contained him last year. You didn't. And the difference is, your team was playing their long-established defense, while ours was, again, learning on the job.

Kansas - I fully realize the Huskers could lose this game. However, the advantage Nebraska has over the Jayhawks is line superiority. Reesing is easily the most dangerous QB in the North, but last season wasn't as close as the score indicated, as our DEF really began warming up to the system and playing solid football. Without a late TD in 2008 Nebraska wins this game by 17, hardly evidence that Kansas is going to win.

That's four losses I have solid evidence to dispute, not just opinion.