Nightmare in Missouri

Twodocs

Like the old saying goes.................Next time your in trouble and need help, call a crackhead and see where that get's ya! Better yet, if you have kids and they are ever lost or need a hand, tell them that cops and fireman are bad, they should go find a child molester or drug dealer to help them.

Jesus man! Really??? :ahhhhhhhh

I disagree that a majority of police officers are out of control or on power trips, however, there is a certain personality type that seeks that profession. And I love the “Next time you’re in trouble call a child molester…” smack. Geez, give me a break. What, because these guys choose a profession that has inherent dangers, they are supposed to be gods that are above the law? Are we are never supposed to complain about dirty cops or those that are on power trips?

About ten years ago I had two of these guys come to my door and arrest my 19-year-old son on a no-bail warrant that had the wrong height, weight, race, and middle name, and they just said “It says this is the right address.” No matter how much I protested, they refused to call the issuing police department (which was 400 miles away). Their attitude was just: There is a warrant with this address and the name is close, so he must be guilty. My kid was put in county jail and spent the night in a cell with a guy who was in for attempted murder. The next day I had to spend $2000 dollars to hire an lawyer, who fortunately was able to get to a judge who understood it was much more likely that the guy they wanted was the guy who lived in the city where the crime was committed, who was the right height, right weight, right race, and had the right middle name. NOT MY KID (who by the way was at work 400 miles away when the crime was committed).

The problem with far too many police officers is the whole “us against the world” and “there are police officers and everybody else” attitude. I told an LA County Sheriff who I thought was a friend about the incident, and he shook his head, but admitted that he would have assumed my son was guilty too (if he didn’t know him). That is the problem. Many of them think they are police, judge, and jury. And far too many of them rush to judgment about the “guilt” of the suspect. The officers that arrested my son obviously did not understand the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. But then again, that is what happens when you send these guys to a six week boot camp, arm them, and then put them on the streets to defend a constitution that most of them are not smart enough to understand.

Sure, if I’m in trouble I’ll call a cop…guess what…it’s their job to help people who are in trouble. Is that supposed to give them the right to mistreat or abuse law abiding citizens? Give me a break!

Yeah brother but it comes down to moral character.

Do they have the job for a job and pension or to Uphold the Constitution?

Now that is in Cali, they are hardcore over there for good reason, the crime rate.

Besides that most people including some officers of the law don't even know the Constitution let alone care about it.

But whose fault is that soceity's, the government, parents, school system, or a collaboration of all?

I just think that too many people complain about things but are not active on a community local level.

Let your voice be heard. We are still free for the moment. :boxosoap

Yeah, I'm sure the Husker fan in question was more mouthy and rude than she lets on, but it still doesn't justify what happened... But, that's if her story is mostly true, of course.

As far as cops go, I don't think we are superhuman or above the law, nor do I separate cops from society. Society separates cops from itself, as it does Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and Soldiers. It's kind of like the divorced parents when their children are bad... They always refer to the child as the other one's kid if they were bad ("Do you know what YOUR son did?")

I do think there are cops out there who do it for money or a pension, and don't give a crap about people in general. Personally, I would have chosen a different profession if I were in it for the money...

I'm not going to lie, my intentions in this career are totally selfish. I love action, the car chases, shootouts, foot pursuits, fights, etc. I love being the first one through the door when the sh#t hits the fan. I also love that children come up to me and tell me I'm their hero, as I did to cops/firefighters and servicemen/women when I was young. I love to save lives, as I have done very selflessly on several occasions (i.e. fires, suicides, traffic collisions).

I can't explain to you the primary reason I love my career... It's a combination of several emotions and values I have, from chivalry to bravery to my love of my Country and the fact that I get to uphold the Constitution and laws. The fact that I get to help in taking down those who do wrong onto others. I don't want medals, nor do I want any acclaim for my doings, as I feel I am doing my civic duty.

I volunteered for this because I wanted to live my life by a standard of honor and duty, even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice.

To me, its like the old saying from the Huskers... From the outside looking in, you don't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

Yeah, I'm sure the Husker fan in question was more mouthy and rude than she lets on, but it still doesn't justify what happened... But, that's if her story is mostly true, of course.

As far as cops go, I don't think we are superhuman or above the law, nor do I separate cops from society. Society separates cops from itself, as it does Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and Soldiers. It's kind of like the divorced parents when their children are bad... They always refer to the child as the other one's kid if they were bad ("Do you know what YOUR son did?")

I do think there are cops out there who do it for money or a pension, and don't give a crap about people in general. Personally, I would have chosen a different profession if I were in it for the money...

I'm not going to lie, my intentions in this career are totally selfish. I love action, the car chases, shootouts, foot pursuits, fights, etc. I love being the first one through the door when the sh#t hits the fan. I also love that children come up to me and tell me I'm their hero, as I did to cops/firefighters and servicemen/women when I was young. I love to save lives, as I have done very selflessly on several occasions (i.e. fires, suicides, traffic collisions).

I can't explain to you the primary reason I love my career... It's a combination of several emotions and values I have, from chivalry to bravery to my love of my Country and the fact that I get to uphold the Constitution and laws. The fact that I get to help in taking down those who do wrong onto others. I don't want medals, nor do I want any acclaim for my doings, as I feel I am doing my civic duty.

I volunteered for this because I wanted to live my life by a standard of honor and duty, even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice.

To me, its like the old saying from the Huskers... From the outside looking in, you don't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

...and if what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt you) then you are the type that should be a police officer. It is just a shame that there are so many out there that become cops because they want to smash heads...I'm just sayin'

I'm sorry, but you midwesterners don't know what crime/drugs are... I spoke with a Lancaster County Deputy out there and his entire department combined with Lincoln PD handle less calls than my station does... My station is one of 11.. In the small contract city I work in (approx. 60,000 people), I've handled 3 murders and over a thousand calls for service (including stabbings, shootings, assaults, rapes, domestics, etc.). That's just the stuff I've personally handled this year so far, and I'm one of 15 deputies on swing shift. California is living proof that Hell exists, so my nominee for Meth Capitol of the world is Southern California.

Exuse me but...Lanscaster is way more different than Douglas. But it is a proven fact St. Louis Missouri is Meth Capitol of the world.

I'm sorry, but you midwesterners don't know what crime/drugs are... I spoke with a Lancaster County Deputy out there and his entire department combined with Lincoln PD handle less calls than my station does... My station is one of 11.. In the small contract city I work in (approx. 60,000 people), I've handled 3 murders and over a thousand calls for service (including stabbings, shootings, assaults, rapes, domestics, etc.). That's just the stuff I've personally handled this year so far, and I'm one of 15 deputies on swing shift. California is living proof that Hell exists, so my nominee for Meth Capitol of the world is Southern California.

Exuse me but...Lanscaster is way more different than Douglas. But it is a proven fact St. Louis Missouri is Meth Capitol of the world.

Please, they don't make crime movies based on Missouri, my friend...

Community pride? :dunno