OT Christian Westerman

chamrocck

Christian have a husker connection, Did his mom or dad go to Nebraska ?

Christian's dad has a buddy that is a HUGE Husker fan. Anyway, this buddy of his lives in Lincoln and invited Christian and his dad up for the Red/White game in April. Christian's dad said they plan to make it up for the game because he wants to meet Bo Pelini and the staff and get a feel for the school and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI the list of a top 5 I posted previously was apparently taken out of context. He had no favorites.

I'd be surprised if he picked Texas this early as he wanted to check out the Alabama schools, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, etc.

There's really no reason for him to pick this early. The school he ultimately chooses will make room for him no matter how full they are. When you are one of the top 5 OL in the country you can go anywhere you want... even the day before signing day. I predict he will take his time and won't commit before doing at least a couple officials in the fall.

Our chances increased when USC hired Kiffin, but I still see him as a Longhorn. Hope I am wrong.

I agree. Especially after reading this article from an Arizona newspaper...

Westerman Loves Texas

I agree he'll probably be at Texas, but remember...

He'll say something almost identical when he visits Nebraska, Alabama, etc. I think recruits have a website they pull templated statements from. "Love the coaches, great family atmosphere, awesome stadium, spectacular facilities, liked a lot of the current players, give it a 10, etc, etc, etc" There is a list of about 100, and they just check 4 or 5 of them off and the website generates the statement for them. :)

My favorite: "It's dead even." (or some variation) - Then they go to UCLA.

Our chances increased when USC hired Kiffin, but I still see him as a Longhorn. Hope I am wrong.

Westerman Loves Texas

I agree he'll probably be at Texas, but remember...

He'll say something almost identical when he visits Nebraska, Alabama, etc. I think recruits have a website they pull templated statements from. "Love the coaches, great family atmosphere, awesome stadium, spectacular facilities, liked a lot of the current players, give it a 10, etc, etc, etc" There is a list of about 100, and they just check 4 or 5 of them off and the website generates the statement for them. :)

My favorite: "It's dead even." (or some variation) - Then they go to UCLA.

:bang That wound is still fresh...

Westerman Loves Texas

A lot of sources thought that Westerman would commit when he got the Texas offer if offered during his weekend visit to Austin but hasn't committed yet.

Hopefully we'll be in Westermans top five list and isn't Tyler Moore and/or Ryan Reeve calling Westerman and texting him about coming to Nebraska.

Westerman reminds me of Bo Williams. If anyone remembers him, he was the kid with 100+ offers (according to Bo) who was a RB prospect from Florida we recruited years back. If anyone remembers that kid, you also remember how in almost every update the kid would talk about his dad and how he was so much a fan of each school. Dad was basically a lifelong fan of every team in America. :)

Some kids are pretty liberal with what they say. Not a big deal, but sometimes you just have to see through alot of it.