OT Christian Westerman

chamrocck

Article from yesterday here.

The state of the USC/Michigan programs is definately having an impact. Whether or not it ultimately deters a top ranked prospect remains to be seen, but they are taking it into consideration.

I was stunned that something so simple as Saban sending Westerman's offer letter in a "certificate" form that can be printed out at Kinko's for 2 bucks had a big enough impact for them to mention it. Westermans probably got a 100 awards on his wall, what does he care. Guess it always comes down to the little things.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's in the same status as Owa. If he wants to be N, we make room for him.

As for the ESPN article, I will wait to see his comments later. I think interviews can be taken out of context. Sure he mentioned the USC, UF and Texas, but maybe he was asked directly about those 3 schools. If so, then he was just answering a question and not necessarily discussing those 3 schools as his favorites.

I think hes pretty set on One of the Arizona schools, or Texas. But there is still alot of OL talent out there for Nebraska: Bobby Hart, Jacob Welter, Zach Sterup (depending on performances in camp, and evaluations), Derek Farniok, Cyrus Hobbi and some others. So even if we dont get CW, we will still have a great OL class.

• 3 weeks later...