Scalping football tickets

I remember from other years at games I would see scalpers that would sell tickets that looked the same as all the others, with players or some kind of design on them. Other times I see tickets that are just gray colored. What is the difference, if any? I am planning on scalping tickets at the game this weekend and figured I would see if anybody knew.

I remember from other years at games I would see scalpers that would sell tickets that looked the same as all the others, with players or some kind of design on them. Other times I see tickets that are just gray colored. What is the difference, if any? I am planning on scalping tickets at the game this weekend and figured I would see if anybody knew.

I think the general gray colored ones are student tickets. I bought one off a kid a few years ago. The thing about student tickets is you can get them cheap...but you have to validate them if you don't have a student ID. Basically you just go to the ticket office and pay the difference between full admission price and student price. The other fancier tickets are from the season ticket packages (at least mine were last year).

If you can, find a Husker fan to buy tickets from. Screw the scalpers...I absolutely hate them. They're so easy to spot too since they're pretty much the only people in the crowd not wearing anything Husker related. They just stand on the street corner, buy tickets from one person for cheap and turn them around and rip someone else off.

I have better luck walking around asking for tickets or looking for Husker fans trying to sell them. Usually fellow Huskers will give you a deal.

Every time I've gotten gray tickets they've been for the visitors section.

Every time I've gotten gray tickets they've been for the visitors section.

you're right...I have had some that were the same

maybe gray means "not regular admission" or something

The gray ones are printed through the ticket office, usually visitor tickets that are returned or additional tickets not purchased by an alumni association or something of that nature. I have purchased tickets like that for areas all throughout the stadium, not necessarily visitor's section.