ESPN Heisman Voting Poll

Folks, keep voting on this. This is beyond ridiculous that it drops past page one. Could someone sticky this thread? Can we do that here?

Gene Menez from CNN/SI is still a believer. His take:

2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, DT, Sr.

Last week: 8 tackles, 6 solo; 1 tackle for loss; 1 sack; 2 blocked kicks; 3 quarterback hurries in a 12-10 loss against Iowa State

Season: 44 tackles, 25 solo; 10 tackles for loss; 4 sacks; 1 interception, 7 passes broken up; 12 quarterback hurries; 1 forced fumble; 2 blocked kicks

Heisman-o-meter: Suh turned in another All-America performance that will probably be overlooked because of his team's ugly loss. But it was because of him that the turnover-happy Huskers stayed in the game. Suh again was a relentless havoc-maker up front, and his sack was the result of not giving up on the play. (Others applied the pressure first, and he cleaned up the mess.) On the block of the extra point, he bulldozed the lineman to get a hand on the ball, but the field-goal block was even better. He hurdled between two linemen, and the kick never had a chance. Any Heisman list that doesn't include the dominant Suh is incomplete.

Up next: Saturday at Baylor

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0VA25Q04z

Folks, keep voting on this. This is beyond ridiculous that it drops past page one. Could someone sticky this thread? Can we do that here?

Gene Menez from CNN/SI is still a believer. His take:

2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, DT, Sr.

Last week: 8 tackles, 6 solo; 1 tackle for loss; 1 sack; 2 blocked kicks; 3 quarterback hurries in a 12-10 loss against Iowa State

Season: 44 tackles, 25 solo; 10 tackles for loss; 4 sacks; 1 interception, 7 passes broken up; 12 quarterback hurries; 1 forced fumble; 2 blocked kicks

Heisman-o-meter: Suh turned in another All-America performance that will probably be overlooked because of his team's ugly loss. But it was because of him that the turnover-happy Huskers stayed in the game. Suh again was a relentless havoc-maker up front, and his sack was the result of not giving up on the play. (Others applied the pressure first, and he cleaned up the mess.) On the block of the extra point, he bulldozed the lineman to get a hand on the ball, but the field-goal block was even better. He hurdled between two linemen, and the kick never had a chance. Any Heisman list that doesn't include the dominant Suh is incomplete.

Up next: Saturday at Baylor

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0VA25Q04z

I love how these guys fact check their work before putting it out to press. 12-10 ISU? Hilarious.

What's ridiculous about taking him off the first page is, Suh is getting more press than ever by Heisman pundits.

I would just love to hear their justification for taking him off. I really would.

Tell me about it. I never did receive a response from ESPN, but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.

The nine people on the first page are the top nine in the "experts poll"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman09/index

• 2 weeks later...

What's ridiculous about taking him off the first page is, Suh is getting more press than ever by Heisman pundits.

I would just love to hear their justification for taking him off. I really would.

Tell me about it. I never did receive a response from ESPN, but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.

Wow. RB's and QB's. How f'ing trite.

Barring disaster it is between Colt McCoy and Mark Ingram, the media would love to give it to Colt and he only just needs to play well enough to not lose it. CJ Spiller is making a late push. Charles Woodson has made sure that it will be a long time before a defensive player gets the Heisman.

Wow. RB's and QB's. How f'ing trite.

Barring disaster it is between Colt McCoy and Mark Ingram, the media would love to give it to Colt and he only just needs to play well enough to not lose it. CJ Spiller is making a late push. Charles Woodson has made sure that it will be a long time before a defensive player gets the Heisman.

There just don't seem to be the standouts like there normally are. I know there's no shot for Suh, but I would LOVE for him to at least get invited to New York. If he wins the fan vote, it can't hurt.