ESPN Heisman Voting Poll

hey guys! this is my first post! signed up for this forum cause i recently left Omaha and moved to El Paso tx for work. needed a way to talk to some huskers! these UTEP fans down here crack me up. No idea what a real fan is. anyways, i wonder what people from other college forums are saying about this voting? SUH is dominating!

GO BIG RED

Just got off a few other message boards. There seems to be a consensus that someone has been running a script. They just can't fathom that idea that Suh is leading their heisman hopeful darlings by such a wide margin. They don't understand Nebraska fans! I would think that Notre Dame fans would a least understand this...as we went to their stadium and reddened it out.

Bump again. This was three pages deep through Texas Tech Junk. Keep voting, it makes the pain go away.

Suh has been taken off the first page. He is no longer a legit Heisman contender.

wow, i did not believe you, but its true. wtf. one bad game for the team (suh played decently) and hes gone? right..... the fans have spoken, you cannot remove the player leading by a ridiculous margin. oh well, just continue to copy paste his name in there.

It's ridiculous that Suh's name is gone. Are you kidding me? Why is Pike on there? Why is Clausen on there? Unreal.

great points, i didn't even think about that. surely, ND's loss to USC killed Clausen's heisman hopes, yet he remains on the list. there an emoticon on here somewhere for this.... oh yes, here it is....... :espnsucks:

I knew this would happen. All the media people pretended like Suh did nothing against Tech, just because we lost. When in fact the whole D-line played very well. The whole defense actually did pretty well, holding Tech to 250 yards and 24 points. The media will twist things however they like. Suh was a good story for one week and now they are ready to move on from him.

Also, they don't count write-in votes... we knew that from before. Eventually Nissan will begin advertising this on ESPN and tens of thousands more votes will come in, mostly for ESPN's choice: Tebow.

I posted the following to ESPN, but I don't expect a response. I think we should plug up Tim Griffin's mailbag and everyone else's at ESPN until they answer the questions.

quote:

Edit Message

1. What is ESPN's justification and official position for adding and removing players from the Heisman voting list while voting is taking place?

2. If ESPN desires that fans choose a Heisman winner, why are there only a handful of "worthy" candidates listed on the ballot?

3. Who determines the candidates worthiness, and is this done on a weekly basis?

4. Why is the Heisman Voting List in its current order versus being in alphabetical order by player name?

5. If ESPN is operating in good faith by offering fans a chance to determine their Heisman choice on its ballot, why did it remove the candidate with the most fan votes on each day of its poll from the ballot?

6. Are the aforementioned actions an attempt by ESPN to manipulate poll data to sway voters to a particular candidate or achieve a pre-determined outcome?

Please advise.

end quote

I posted the following to ESPN, but I don't expect a response. I think we should plug up Tim Griffin's mailbag and everyone else's at ESPN until they answer the questions.

quote:

Edit Message

1. What is ESPN's justification and official position for adding and removing players from the Heisman voting list while voting is taking place?

2. If ESPN desires that fans choose a Heisman winner, why are there only a handful of "worthy" candidates listed on the ballot?

3. Who determines the candidates worthiness, and is this done on a weekly basis?

4. Why is the Heisman Voting List in its current order versus being in alphabetical order by player name?

5. If ESPN is operating in good faith by offering fans a chance to determine their Heisman choice on its ballot, why did it remove the candidate with the most fan votes on each day of its poll from the ballot?

6. Are the aforementioned actions an attempt by ESPN to manipulate poll data to sway voters to a particular candidate or achieve a pre-determined outcome?

Please advise.

end quote

5. seriously, this needs justification.

6. lol