Semifinalists for Lombardi Award announced

jawtin

weatherspoon made the cut? didn't know they had players that take cheap shots on the semifinalist list....

My biggest question is why are there 6 LB's on the list? I mean below is an explanation of the award criteria, I am pretty sure being a LINEMAN is a pre-requisite.

Since 1970, the Rotary Lombardi Award has been presented annually to the nation's top college football lineman (offense or defense) who, in addition to outstanding performance and ability, best exemplifies the discipline of Vince Lombardi.
To be considered for the Rotary Lombardi Award players must be a Division I college football team member and meet the following qualifications:

Be a down lineman, end-to-end, either on offense or defense, setting up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball at the time of snap.

Be a linebacker on defense, setting up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage.

May not come out of the offensive backfield and set up on the line of scrimmage as a blocker or receiver, or be listed as a back or receiver.

Shows leadership, courage, desire, respect for authority and discipline.

Link

i lol'd

just give it to him already!

just as an aside, when was the last time Nebraska had a player we were THIS excited about? i honestly don't think Eric Crouch counts. after last season, and then after five games we think that we've got a future NFL HOF player on our team. when was the last time that we've been THIS excited?

i lol'd

just give it to him already!

just as an aside, when was the last time Nebraska had a player we were THIS excited about? i honestly don't think Eric Crouch counts. after last season, and then after five games we think that we've got a future NFL HOF player on our team. when was the last time that we've been THIS excited?

Some people were this excited about Marlon Lucky when considering his stats his jr. year. I'd say the last player we were this excited about when thinking of NFL career and all was probably Lawrence Phillips prior to his suspension. Wiegert also had a lot of excitement surrounding him as well. Johnny Mitchell garnered a lot of excitement about his play as well.