SIGNED WR Quincy Enunwa

huskers1

Back to the topic.

The word on other boards is that Pinkle told Gabbert and CC to contact Quincy and sway him away from NU. There is another reason to hate MU.

I don't believe Pinkle would do such a thing and actually let that getout into the public. Sounds like another rumor over the net, but who knows. If in fact either of these kids actually did this on their own it's pretty slimey as well, and i'd definitely never put it past that douchebag Gabbert Jr.

I know that Quincy was contacted by these two and talked to. Whether or not it was Pinkle that orchestraited it we will probably never know for sure.

Talk about a stretch. Really???? You want people to believe that a coach had 2 players, only one of which is going to his program, call another player, that he has NO interest in, and have the 2 players tell that player to leave the school he is going to? I have heard some wacked out things from Husker fans over the past weeks, but this takes the cake. Forget that Pinkel sits on NCAA rules and ethics commitees. Forget that no matter what you or NE fans think about him, he is highly respected among his peers in the college coaching ranks. Forget about the fact that there is no proof or foundation for your story. But just repeat it to yourself and see how much sense it makes...

:rolleyes:

If Carter did contact Quincy, did you ever think that he did that on his own. That he is obviously upset at NE and the way things went. He is mad about something. That would explain his decommitment and trash talk after the fact. There is not a puppet master behind these kids.

Personally, I highly doubt Pinkel would be behind something like this but i don't see anyway to prove that. And i honestly have a hard time being very critical of people who do think this way. On two separate occasions now former NU committs have switched to MU and then proceeded to contact remaining NU committs to sway them away. McDonald makes the 6th member of MU's class to have decommitted from a previous school. There's begining to be a history of this staff getting into the ears of other schools commits. I tend to think trying to get others to decommit just for spite, as described here, is a bit of a stretch but at some point one has to wonder if MU's staff is really as squeaky clean as you like to think.

I'm still a little perplexed by MU taking Tyler since they already have a very good QB prospect in this class. There's a good chance Tyler will be nothing more than a bench warmer behind Franklin and his brother, so why take him? It almost seems like it was just to screw over NU.

As far as commits switching MU was in on every one of those kids and in nearly every case was in the final 2 or 3. If you were a kid that picked one over the other and the one you pick turns out to sucks, fires nearly every assitant coach and appears to be ready to go through a coaching change next year (Ill.) or if you picked one that appears to have totally switched their offense from a balanced throwing attack to one that runs 3/4th of the time and only throws when they have to now. I would bet that you would reconsider your decision. Truth is it only seems funny to you because your team is losing more recruits than they should. If that is due to a change in styles or a lack of good recruiters i cant say for sure. But you NEVER stop going after kids until they tell you to. Chase Rome was commited to OSU, I dont see anybody here thinking up elaborate schemes that have SUH calling Rome to get him and others on board. Its just silly. IF your kids were HARD on for NU they would have said no thank you to ANY coach that called.

On that same note, players ALWAYS call other players. If you think Rome wasnt calling the other top kids in MO your crazy. You guys always talk about "maybe he will bring in a friend/teammate/cousin". Its pretty hypocritical to get upset or act like 'something' is up when it happens to your team.

As far as Gabbert goes. If you are MU you want as much talent as you can get. Somebody is not going to play. maybe its him, maybe not. But given the facts that you all state about him, he must really have rather gone to MU than NE if he still commited given those obsticles.

And by the way, If it was to screw over NU, he would have waited till signing day. Its NOT a screw job. If you want to blame somebody blame your coaches for either bringing in a lack of talent of the Offensive side of the ball or not being good enough to coach them up. That is what cost you your spread QB and spread WR. The fact that your offense is so putrid that you had to resort to a style that is so basic that it appeals to barely any talented offensive players. And after switching you still are awful. Blame them, becuase that is the only reason you are not in a BSC bowl or possibly even playing for a NC. They are the reason you cant get playmakers to commit or stay commited. Blame those guys instead of trying to make up stories and blame other conference coachs who you think spend all their time conspiring against you.

Its this simple, with an offense that isnt just god awful, Nebraska is probably a big 12 champ and playing for a NC. Without your amazing D you are a 4 win team. Take Bo's advice on your leaving players. "the thumb always points back to you"

There is a difference between calling players and talking about schools and calling players and spewing trash and lies because you are hurt and mad. Get it figured out, you have to be smarter then that, right? You want to know what CC is saying about Mizzo right now, PM me, I will let you know.

Look, I know its hard rooting for a second or third tier team, we had to do it when BC was here. I know what you are going through, you have a QB that is going to the NFL but that isnt a winner, you know it and you know that he can't ever win over 9 games in a season. It is not Pinkles fault, its Gabberts fault, some kids are winners, some kids arent.

you are going to have to put up with gaudy stats next year and 5 losses. It is a terrible feeling but some guys just arent winners. Right now, you are thinking of QB's in college that put up great stats and dont win, the list is very long isnt? Add one more to it.

Back to the topic.

The word on other boards is that Pinkle told Gabbert and CC to contact Quincy and sway him away from NU. There is another reason to hate MU.

I don't believe Pinkle would do such a thing and actually let that getout into the public. Sounds like another rumor over the net, but who knows. If in fact either of these kids actually did this on their own it's pretty slimey as well, and i'd definitely never put it past that douchebag Gabbert Jr.

I know that Quincy was contacted by these two and talked to. Whether or not it was Pinkle that orchestraited it we will probably never know for sure.

Talk about a stretch. Really???? You want people to believe that a coach had 2 players, only one of which is going to his program, call another player, that he has NO interest in, and have the 2 players tell that player to leave the school he is going to? I have heard some wacked out things from Husker fans over the past weeks, but this takes the cake. Forget that Pinkel sits on NCAA rules and ethics commitees. Forget that no matter what you or NE fans think about him, he is highly respected among his peers in the college coaching ranks. Forget about the fact that there is no proof or foundation for your story. But just repeat it to yourself and see how much sense it makes...

If Carter did contact Quincy, did you ever think that he did that on his own. That he is obviously upset at NE and the way things went. He is mad about something. That would explain his decommitment and trash talk after the fact. There is not a puppet master behind these kids.

Personally, I highly doubt Pinkel would be behind something like this but i don't see anyway to prove that. And i honestly have a hard time being very critical of people who do think this way. On two separate occasions now former NU committs have switched to MU and then proceeded to contact remaining NU committs to sway them away. McDonald makes the 6th member of MU's class to have decommitted from a previous school. There's begining to be a history of this staff getting into the ears of other schools commits. I tend to think trying to get others to decommit just for spite, as described here, is a bit of a stretch but at some point one has to wonder if MU's staff is really as squeaky clean as you like to think.

I'm still a little perplexed by MU taking Tyler since they already have a very good QB prospect in this class. There's a good chance Tyler will be nothing more than a bench warmer behind Franklin and his brother, so why take him? It almost seems like it was just to screw over NU.

As far as commits switching MU was in on every one of those kids and in nearly every case was in the final 2 or 3. If you were a kid that picked one over the other and the one you pick turns out to sucks, fires nearly every assitant coach and appears to be ready to go through a coaching change next year (Ill.) or if you picked one that appears to have totally switched their offense from a balanced throwing attack to one that runs 3/4th of the time and only throws when they have to now. I would bet that you would reconsider your decision. Truth is it only seems funny to you because your team is losing more recruits than they should. If that is due to a change in styles or a lack of good recruiters i cant say for sure. But you NEVER stop going after kids until they tell you to. Chase Rome was commited to OSU, I dont see anybody here thinking up elaborate schemes that have SUH calling Rome to get him and others on board. Its just silly. IF your kids were HARD on for NU they would have said no thank you to ANY coach that called.

On that same note, players ALWAYS call other players. If you think Rome wasnt calling the other top kids in MO your crazy. You guys always talk about "maybe he will bring in a friend/teammate/cousin". Its pretty hypocritical to get upset or act like 'something' is up when it happens to your team.

As far as Gabbert goes. If you are MU you want as much talent as you can get. Somebody is not going to play. maybe its him, maybe not. But given the facts that you all state about him, he must really have rather gone to MU than NE if he still commited given those obsticles.

And by the way, If it was to screw over NU, he would have waited till signing day. Its NOT a screw job. If you want to blame somebody blame your coaches for either bringing in a lack of talent of the Offensive side of the ball or not being good enough to coach them up. That is what cost you your spread QB and spread WR. The fact that your offense is so putrid that you had to resort to a style that is so basic that it appeals to barely any talented offensive players. And after switching you still are awful. Blame them, becuase that is the only reason you are not in a BSC bowl or possibly even playing for a NC. They are the reason you cant get playmakers to commit or stay commited. Blame those guys instead of trying to make up stories and blame other conference coachs who you think spend all their time conspiring against you.

Its this simple, with an offense that isnt just god awful, Nebraska is probably a big 12 champ and playing for a NC. Without your amazing D you are a 4 win team. Take Bo's advice on your leaving players. "the thumb always points back to you"

Fro, I would agree that, ultimately, we should look inward when it comes to our recruiting problems.

But the question asked wasn’t who’s to blame, it was "would Pinkel have recent decommits contact other recruits just to keep athletes away from a competitor?"

The comments about Suh miss the mark because there is no evidence that Suh or anyone else talked Rome, and if they did it was to bring them to NU not keep him away from OSU. We know that CC and TG spoke to Enunwa because Enunwa said so. Unless your saying he is lying, which there doesn't appear to be any reason for, then there's no question they spoke to him after they decommited even though MU had no interest in Enunwa. What's not known is wether they did so on their own or there was someone else behind it.

Your response seems to be that Pinkel is too good a guy to do something like this (but even if he did it's NU's fault). Well, we know that MU will continue to go after kids even when they've committed to other schools. It's a good bet when they go after kids committed to underachieving programs like Illinois that a big part of the sales pitch is that MU is winning and Illinois is not. And i wouldn't say this is wrong - recruiting is what makes your program stronger and when it's done to a rival the effect is twofold because it also hurts the rival. Following this out, just getting recruits to decommitt from a division rival is good on its own. Would Pinkel do something like this? I don’t think so, but I don’t see how to prove he wouldn’t. And if MU’s staff is cut throat enough in recruiting to get 6 kids (one fourth of MU’s class) to decommitt from other schools, how can the mere idea of it be ruled out so easily?

Your impression seems to be that I’m a bitter Husker fan looking to take my frustration out on Pinkel, when in reality I’m actually on Pinkel’s side. I don’t think he would do something like this. You, on the other hand, seem very eager to dish out criticism for other programs, but reluctant to consider any for your own.

Back to the topic.

There is a difference between calling players and talking about schools and calling players and spewing trash and lies because you are hurt and mad. Get it figured out, you have to be smarter then that, right? You want to know what CC is saying about Mizzo right now, PM me, I will let you know.

Look, I know its hard rooting for a second or third tier team, we had to do it when BC was here. I know what you are going through, you have a QB that is going to the NFL but that isnt a winner, you know it and you know that he can't ever win over 9 games in a season. It is not Pinkles fault, its Gabberts fault, some kids are winners, some kids arent.

you are going to have to put up with gaudy stats next year and 5 losses. It is a terrible feeling but some guys just arent winners. Right now, you are thinking of QB's in college that put up great stats and dont win, the list is very long isnt? Add one more to it.

I didnt know you and CC where so tight??!! Did he tell you that MU told him if he wanted a spot he had to take it before they filled? DId he tell you that they wouldnt save a spot for him? Did he tell you that MU turned away another player from this class that is better than me and they would take them before me if there was an opening. And what in the world do you think people say when they call trying to swing other players. "Um...hello other OSU recruits. I know your school is great, but NE has an equally great school." "Hello fellow highly rated MO HS football players, I know that MU is wonderful, but NE is pretty neat too" :facepalm:

What lies are you talking about??? You seem to know what these kids were talking about. You must really be 'in the know' Because if they were talking trash on the offense, sorry but you have to be smarter than that to believe that is a lie.

So I am assuming that you believe you guys have that 'winner' green. YOU are the type of fan that makes other teams fans think that Husker fans are freaking crazy. You were probably leading the gabbert slobber parade when he committed and now he sucks. But your QB who cant learn more than 20 or 30 plays and still cant execute those plays any better than you or i could is going to be the greatest thing ever. He didnt run or throw on anybody that was not in the freaking sunbelt. What makes you think he will do ANYTHING?? Oh, because you are blindly faithful to what you feel is the greatest team ever and even if EVERYTHING i said in the previous post was ABSOLUTELY true, you would have to come with some random attack of my team because your so damn insecure about your team that you cant hear any criticisms without freaking out. Only you would smack talk a 9 nine season when you praise your team for the same. I would like to hear why you think NE will be so great when they return the worse offense in the conference and lose the best D player that college football has seen in probably 20+ years, the only good LB you have, and both of your safeties. But thats probably that blind faith thing. IF there is something i have learned from being the fan of a "second or third tier team" it is that I am a realist.

:facepalm:

Madcat,

I am only doubting that Pinkel had anything to do with it. There is NO proof what so ever. Just speculation. And it seems as though to most NE fans Pinkel is the scapegoat. There is no reason what so ever to believe MU had anything to do with those calls. Infact I would point to two unhappy former commits that probably know the kid from visits.

As far as recruiting players that have given a verbal elsewhere i would recommend looking inward again. Bo does it. Look at your commit list. Take a couple of 4 star players off and return them to their original schools. IF the kids didnt want to switch they would not have.

Mu has lost kids off this years class as well that had given verbals just so you know. Its recruiting. If you are assuming that MU is some evil thing because they have kids that came from other teams. You should check out the Rivals or Scout main boards. Watch ESPN U for the bottom crawl. You will see this stuff goes down every where and at every school.

My criticisms were for the dreamers that want to fabricate stories that place blame. They should look inward, because most of the time the cause for the effect that you are seeking, is right in front of you.

As far as me accepting criticisms for MU's faults, I have no problem with it, Just show me something that isnt pure dreamed up speculation.

Back to the topic.

turned away another player from this class that is better than me and they would take them before me if there was an opening. And what in the world do you think people say when they call trying to swing other players. "Um...hello other OSU recruits. I know your school is great, but NE has an equally great school." "Hello fellow highly rated MO HS football players, I know that MU is wonderful, but NE is pretty neat too" :facepalm:

What lies are you talking about??? You seem to know what these kids were talking about. You must really be 'in the know' Because if they were talking trash on the offense, sorry but you have to be smarter than that to believe that is a lie.

I guess you guys have that 'winner' green. YOU are the type of fan that makes other teams fans think that Husker fans are freaking crazy. You were probably leading the gabbert slobber parade when he committed and now he sucks. But your QB who cant learn more than 20 or 30 plays and still cant execute those plays any better than you or i could is going to be the greatest thing ever. He didnt run or throw on anybody that wants in the freaking sunbelt. What makes you think he will do ANYTHING?? Oh, because you are blindly faithful to what you feel is the greatest team ever and even if EVERYTHING i said in the previous post was ABSOLUTELY true, you would have to come with some random attack of my team because your so damn insecure about your team that you cant hear any criticisms without freaking out. Only you would smack talk a 9 nine season when you praise your team for the same. I would like to hear why you think NE will be so great when they return the worse offense in the conference and lose the best D player that college football has seen in probably 20+ years, the only good LB you have, and both of your safeties. But thats probably that blind faith thing. IF there is something i have learned from being the fan of a "second or third tier team" it is that I am a realist.

I hope to GOD your not really a teacher. :facepalm:

I didnt say that Lee was a winner.

I am a teacher and I have coached for a very long time and I know lots of coaches and we talk a lot about recruiting and our players. We are at camps together and dinners together and S&C conferences together.

I dont think NU will be a all that good next year, I think they will be kind of how they were this year, i think they will struggle in almost every game especially in conference.. You seem to really want to infer a lot from my post, thats fine. But you are wrong. I never praised "my team" for this 9 win season, check my posts if you want.

You want so bad to discredit what I said but you cant, you are trying to discredit things I didnt say though, you are doing a good job with that. Again, I dont mean to sound like I am attacking you, but you if you want info, please PM me.

Back to the topic.

turned away another player from this class that is better than me and they would take them before me if there was an opening. And what in the world do you think people say when they call trying to swing other players. "Um...hello other OSU recruits. I know your school is great, but NE has an equally great school." "Hello fellow highly rated MO HS football players, I know that MU is wonderful, but NE is pretty neat too" :facepalm:

I guess you guys have that 'winner' green. YOU are the type of fan that makes other teams fans think that Husker fans are freaking crazy. You were probably leading the gabbert slobber parade when he committed and now he sucks. But your QB who cant learn more than 20 or 30 plays and still cant execute those plays any better than you or i could is going to be the greatest thing ever. He didnt run or throw on anybody that wants in the freaking sunbelt. What makes you think he will do ANYTHING?? Oh, because you are blindly faithful to what you feel is the greatest team ever and even if EVERYTHING i said in the previous post was ABSOLUTELY true, you would have to come with some random attack of my team because your so damn insecure about your team that you cant hear any criticisms without freaking out. Only you would smack talk a 9 nine season when you praise your team for the same. I would like to hear why you think NE will be so great when they return the worse offense in the conference and lose the best D player that college football has seen in probably 20+ years, the only good LB you have, and both of your safeties. But thats probably that blind faith thing. IF there is something i have learned from being the fan of a "second or third tier team" it is that I am a realist.

I am a teacher and I have coached for a very long time and I know lots of coaches and we talk a lot about recruiting and our players. We are at camps together and dinners together and S&C conferences together.

I dont think NU will be a all that good next year, I think they will be kind of how they were this year, i think they will struggle in almost every game especially in conference.. You seem to really want to infer a lot from my post, thats fine. But you are wrong. I never praised "my team" for this 9 win season, check my posts if you want.

You want so bad to discredit what I said but you cant, you are trying to discredit things I didnt say though, you are doing a good job with that. Again, I dont mean to sound like I am attacking you, but you if you want info, please PM me.

Teacher,

I went too far with that last line. I deleted it, but obviously not before you replied. I apologize. I have been going through a pretty rough patch and let it carry out and on to you and that is not only not fair its pretty damn disrespectful. Again I am sorry.

I dont really care to much what carter supposedly said. You are free to send it to me. But I am pretty sure it will do nothing for my mood. I know enough about kids that spew on one school that spurned them to believe thats probably the case again. I do know that MU told him if he wanted a spot he needed to take it before last weekend. I also know that he is behind at least Terry if there is an open spot. I also know that he called MU on Sunday asking if they still had an opening and was told no. SO from that I can gather the general flavor of what he may have said.

Again, I apologize for a disrespectful and irresponsible comment

Back to the topic.

Teacher,

I went too far with that last line. I deleted it, but obviously not before you replied. I apologize. I have been going through a pretty rough patch and let it carry out and on to you and that is not only not fair its pretty damn disrespectful. Again I am sorry.

I dont really care to much what carter supposedly said. You are free to send it to me. But I am pretty sure it will do nothing for my mood. I know enough about kids that spew on one school that spurned them to believe thats probably the case again. I do know that MU told him if he wanted a spot he needed to take it before last weekend. I also know that he is behind at least Terry if there is an open spot. I also know that he called MU on Sunday asking if they still had an opening and was told no. SO from that I can gather the general flavor of what he may have said.

Again, I apologize for a disrespectful and irresponsible comment

Oh shoot, you have nothing to apologize for, dont worry about it at all! Its no big deal. You are right about CC and the stuff he said about Mizzo.

Madcat,

I am only doubting that Pinkel had anything to do with it. There is NO proof what so ever. Just speculation. And it seems as though to most NE fans Pinkel is the scapegoat. There is no reason what so ever to believe MU had anything to do with those calls. Infact I would point to two unhappy former commits that probably know the kid from visits.

As far as recruiting players that have given a verbal elsewhere i would recommend looking inward again. Bo does it. Look at your commit list. Take a couple of 4 star players off and return them to their original schools. IF the kids didnt want to switch they would not have.

Mu has lost kids off this years class as well that had given verbals just so you know. Its recruiting. If you are assuming that MU is some evil thing because they have kids that came from other teams. You should check out the Rivals or Scout main boards. Watch ESPN U for the bottom crawl. You will see this stuff goes down every where and at every school.

My criticisms were for the dreamers that want to fabricate stories that place blame. They should look inward, because most of the time the cause for the effect that you are seeking, is right in front of you.

As far as me accepting criticisms for MU's faults, I have no problem with it, Just show me something that isnt pure dreamed up speculation.

I doubt he had anything to do with it either. As you said, there is no proof that he did. But it's also true there is no proof that he did not. It's entirely opinion, and that's why i think EZ-E put it best when he said we will probably never know.

About recruiting other committs, i've said there is nothing neccessarily wrong with it. It's not against the rules, just as there is nothing in the rules about talking down another program. However, these things are generally considered to be "negative" or "dirty" recruiting. If it works it works.

Saban is universally considered a dirty recruiter, yet he's never broken any rules. So why is he any worse than say Jim Grobe at Wake Forest? If Bo ever did become very successful in recruiting due to "dirty" tactics, i think it would fairly open the door for questions about how far he would go.

That's the position i see MU in. Twice now we've had a QB committed to us who has flipped for MU and taken other committs with him. We've also seen MU go after other schools committs. I think these can all be explained more easily than a sinister plot by the MU coaching staff, but i don't see what's wrong with looking at the entirety of the situation and raising some questions.

I tend to think that MU's staff is not as dirty as some have labeled here, but there are some coaches on the staff dirtier than you would have others believe (the same probably goes for our staff).

To get him out of Nebraska?

What the hell did we do to TG & CC?

Bo probably told both of them, that since they committed, that NU was going to not hold their scollies if they took additional trips. That is enough to severe relationships.

Look on the bright side, we picked up Braylon Heard after CC and JR. Gabbert decommitted. He is a dynamic back that will hopefully produce, Rozier/Green type numbers. We needed that commitment much more than an average QB and one speedy wideout.

CC was a dynamic talent based on raw numbers. He obiviously has never seen film of Irving Fryar turning his career here in the No 1 pick in the draft. He tried to decommit and go to MU, that said no, spot was taken already. He will probably choose TCU. We need to move on.

JR Gabbert, flawed family and history of decommitting from NU. Good riddance!!!!!! He is going to MU behind another 4 star recruit that is bigger and stronger. He would of been the only 4 star QB for this class.

Q.E. fits the bill of what we need in a receiver. Great hands and a solid frame. If he runs his route's hard every play he will see a lot of PT in short order.

CC would have been a dynamic talent, and would have been great to have. I will keep tabs on him to see how he does in the future, I think he fits at TCU.