Pelini's behavior

Matter of fact, if we were 6-0 no one would be talking about his behavior. I like Bo, I like his attitude and I don't really care how he handles a press conference. And I also don't care if his on-field bahavior is appropriate or not in terms of representing the university or Nebraska or the fans. What I care about is whether or not his behavior has a negative impact on the game and I believe it does. Bo preaches discipline but is not able to contain himself from going off like a fire cracker whenever he dislikes a call. He is not very believable when he gets into an offensive linemans face after he commited a false start and tells him to get his effing act together.

There was a pass interference call in the endzone, I think it was 5min left in the 4th quarter, TT up by 2 TDs at the Huskers 22 yard line and I even think it was the right call, but Bo just exploded and chased this one ref down and did some eskimo kissing. That was effing ridiculous. Sure he was pissed off about the whole game but that just made him look stupid. And it doesn't do any good. It's not like that the ref is going to crap his pants or starts thinking about the call "Man he screams like a mf, I must have been wrong!"

He needs to get cooler

Maybe all of you people that don't like Bo's attitude should just give up on Nebraska and College football all together. You can then go cheer for the Washington Redskins, the have a coach that would love all of your nice warm fuzzy feelings. He would love to hold your hand and rub your head and let you know it will all be okay. They will lose every game they play this year, but by god I bet he is super nice to the media and if your real lucky maybe he will give you a big hug too. How would that be little Johnny??? :wub:

Let me get this straight.

If you don’t like the way Pelini turns into a spoiled 5th Grader when a call doesn’t go his way we can stop cheering for the Huskers? But if you can’t stand the way Shawn Watson calls plays or the way that Zac Lee plays quarterback then it is ok to have a voice of displeasure? <_<

The thing is Pelini tells his kids that once a play is over to move on to the next one. How can he expect the players to do so when he can’t do it himself?

Sure the media questions after a loss would grow tiresome, however it is his job to go to the Press Conference and answer the questions (which he doesn’t do). Do you think he would tolerate it Zac lee came in to the Press Conference Saturday and was a complete boob to the reporters? My guess is he wouldn’t take that from his players.

For the record it wouldn’t matter to me if we were 6-0 and he was doing the crap he does on the sidelines because at the end of the day it accomplishes nothing and he just looks silly.

Just for the record, I have not biatched about anybody in any thread. I'm beginning to think there are only a handfull of us that still remember that Bo and Company have been in office for a year. Maybe Bo wouldn't have been so pissed if the Ref's would have come over to fill him in on the calls like he ask them to do.

Fear not though, I'm sure today will be a perfect day filled with Butterflies and Unicorn farts!

I'm going to be honest and say that Pelini's attitude towards things like this is exactly how I act when my own life situations throw sh#t at me.

I can be a great guy, if things are moving along, and I feel like things are making progress.

But once the wheels start getting wobbly, it bugs the hell out of me. So anybody that asks me why my wheels are wobbling usually isn't treated with the warmest reply.

Even though I am passionate about everything I do, and I do care for everyone I know, sometimes they can be the people I take out my frustrations on. Because they are the ones I am around, and that is just where my frustration ends up sometimes.

When Pelini has a bad day coaching (like Saturday), and he has the whole freaking city media on him, critiquing him and questioning him, yeah, I can see why he gets bitter.

He loves what he does, and he hates when it's not going his way. When you start shoving it in his face constantly is when those frustrations come open.

Now, for the screaming and hollering DURING games, well, it's football. It's emotional. How angry, sad, excited or nuts do we get at home, on our couch, in front of a tv with our beer and chips? We're not even taking part IN the game, and we get that worked up.

How do you think Pelini feels actually being the director in all of this?

I like Bo's fire and as he matures as a coach, I expect his media relations and his sideline demeanor to improve. I also see him talking things over with referees and discussing calls and asking for clarifications on calls.

In some cases and many refs understand when a coach is getting destroyed and things are just not going his way, the ref is often the target.

Bo is still a 2nd year head coach. It will get better.

This entire asinine discussion would be hilarious if it didn't seem like so many people were taking it so seriously.

Let's get one thing straight. These media people LOVE the fact that Bo is crass, hotheaded, and yes, 'boorish'. They may tell you as they take their silk gloves off over a freshly poured cup of tea that they're being mistreated ("Oh, I dare say, what is the world coming to? Quite a row he had with those zebra's, eh? And now I have to suffer!")

bullsh#t.

In the same moment that Barf sits at his computer scribbling embarrassed nothings about Bo's demeanor, his quivering jowls are dripping beneath a jagged-tooth grin. This is great press. Free column. It'll sell like hotcakes. Bo's a wildman. He's unstable. Somebody get the number for a good anger management therapist.

Now let's move on to this 'face of the organization' argument. Two years ago I couldn't click a link without hearing some reporter whine about Callahan's undiminished press conference smile that beamed win, loss, or blowout. Too much coachspeak, they said. He's a professional question dodger. Frankly I'm more comfortable with a man who cusses in his answers. Why? Because a cussing man never lies. Honestly, you people who are bouncing foot to foot in nervous anticipation over how Bo makes you look, what would you prefer? You ask a bulldog competitor how he feels after his offense took a sh#t all over memorial stadium at the exact moment that Nebraska seemed to be leaping forward as a program?

This whole conversation is a complete waste of time. You don't want to get one word answers and snippy replies? How about letting the head man sleep it off and talk to him on Sunday. Whatever the answer is, I as a fan and a paper reader could give two sh#ts and a bag of white rice what the media people feel about their access. The only thing I trust less than a politician is a journalist.

I'm a real big Husker_x fan. :thumbs

:horns2

Funny how he has no problem answering the question after a win. Also every coach across the country understands that this is part of the job win or lose. Didn't he notice the the HC's he played under did interviews. We do not have a right to know anything because as he says he is the coach. However once Callahan lost the support of the base he began to lose the team and ultimately his job.

In regards to his press conference comment after practice. There is only one person every four years the has earned the title of President of the United States. Last time I checked every aspect of the presidency is scrutinized all day every day. I think as the HC's of the only gig in the state that matters or people care about scrutiny is to be accepted.

This is not about Bo's coaching. It is only about his ability to remains as Head Coach if he keeps up this with the media and the refs. I am only pointing out that it is his method of dealing with it that is the probllem. It is not about whether he is right. It is not about his work product. It is all about the UNL image and perception.

In Lincoln there are academics and donors who care about the image of the University. And he is way and above the highest paid person in the state University. There are many UNL faculty who already do not like football. Salary and funding jealousy is a problem. In fact, find me anywhere, a football program where the FOOTBALL operation funds all the athletic programs and kicks back to the money, over 1 million, to the university administration. Why does that happen? Elsewhere states and universities kick in to the football programs not take out!

If Bo thinks the he can get away with creating a bad image with this behavior so be it. This is not the NFL!

I am just sure of the eventual outcome. Boi fans will noit like it. Just like Solich fans did not like his sacking. The odd thing is Bo knows he was here for that mess. He just can not help himself. It is just a matter of time. And no AD will hire a problem who insults the media and the refs game after game . So it will be back to being a good defensive coordinator at one of his coach friends program!

That picture was probably sometime after he got F***** on that pass interference against West. Nobody says anything about Bo's "improved" manner all this season, but now, when he is justified in his anger, people say that he's a baby. Who do you all (who talk bad about Bo for his anger) think you are? When you get F'ed, you get angry. If you don't, then you get trampled. You have to state your case and put your foot down at some point. I have yet to see a single game this year where NU didn't come up on the short end of the penalty stick in games with Big 12 officials. It didn't matter against TT, we beat ourselves, but to add insult to injury, we got screwed when we actually had an outside chance at winning the game. All I'm saying is, Bo deserves to be angry sometimes, and officials deserve to get yelled at. That doesn't make Bo a baby.

This entire asinine discussion would be hilarious if it didn't seem like so many people were taking it so seriously.

Let's get one thing straight. These media people LOVE the fact that Bo is crass, hotheaded, and yes, 'boorish'. They may tell you as they take their silk gloves off over a freshly poured cup of tea that they're being mistreated ("Oh, I dare say, what is the world coming to? Quite a row he had with those zebra's, eh? And now I have to suffer!")

bullsh#t.

In the same moment that Barf sits at his computer scribbling embarrassed nothings about Bo's demeanor, his quivering jowls are dripping beneath a jagged-tooth grin. This is great press. Free column. It'll sell like hotcakes. Bo's a wildman. He's unstable. Somebody get the number for a good anger management therapist.

Now let's move on to this 'face of the organization' argument. Two years ago I couldn't click a link without hearing some reporter whine about Callahan's undiminished press conference smile that beamed win, loss, or blowout. Too much coachspeak, they said. He's a professional question dodger. Frankly I'm more comfortable with a man who cusses in his answers. Why? Because a cussing man never lies. Honestly, you people who are bouncing foot to foot in nervous anticipation over how Bo makes you look, what would you prefer? You ask a bulldog competitor how he feels after his offense took a sh#t all over memorial stadium at the exact moment that Nebraska seemed to be leaping forward as a program?

This whole conversation is a complete waste of time. You don't want to get one word answers and snippy replies? How about letting the head man sleep it off and talk to him on Sunday. Whatever the answer is, I as a fan and a paper reader could give two sh#ts and a bag of white rice what the media people feel about their access. The only thing I trust less than a politician is a journalist.

Is it possible that this could be the post of the year?

Bo acting like an idiot on the sidelines does affect NU program. had a conversation with a father of an outstanding player who is being recruited heavily by huskers right now, day after bo's tantrum. Huskers are no longer on their list.

You want to ignore and rationalize his behaviour, go ahead. But it will cost you in respect and recruits.

Bo acting like an idiot on the sidelines does affect NU program. had a conversation with a father of an outstanding player who is being recruited heavily by huskers right now, day after bo's tantrum. Huskers are no longer on their list.

You want to ignore and rationalize his behaviour, go ahead. But it will cost you in respect and recruits.

And the Mizzou fans come out of the woodwork. Surprise, surprise.... <_<

bullsh#t.

Is it possible that this could be the post of the year?

Hard to argue with that.