No green jerseys for QB's

Hey I'm all for 1's vs 1's and qb's being treated like football players, but were a little skinny at qb so hopefully Suh and Crick are nice to the qb's

No way.. they need to be able to react on good defenses, let Suh at them.

I agree. That could be the best thing for the o-line, after dealing with Suh and the boys up front game day should be a walk in the park.

Hey I'm all for 1's vs 1's and qb's being treated like football players, but were a little skinny at qb so hopefully Suh and Crick are nice to the qb's

No way.. they need to be able to react on good defenses, let Suh at them.

I agree. That could be the best thing for the o-line, after dealing with Suh and the boys up front game day should be a walk in the park.

I am all for them getting bounced around a little...but I don't want our defense killing them. :snacks:

Everything about old Nebraska was physical and aggressive. Callahan's change in culture was not to power past defenses, but rather to trick them all the time. That has turned our team soft. We need to become more aggresive on both sides of the ball. Going "good on good" as Pelini says, is a good idea. The other is that the coaches have to stay on these guys to bring it in every practice and every drill, then put up a game plan with physical elements. It might take a while, but we will improve.

Just look at the Denver Broncos this year. The team has been getting after it with tackling practices. That is something that NFL teams just don't do because they are trying to protect their roster. Denver has a 6-0 record despite changing the head coach, the QB, the defensive strategy and a ton of the players. Call me a fool, but I think that the hard practices are paying dividends for Denver.

I think that is part of Lee's problem, he don't know what it is to get hit until game day, then he can't adjust to it with his timing...he also has NO pocket presence, maybe doing this in practice will give him a sense of when the pressure really is coming and when it is not. :clap

Or maybe he'll learn to run when Suh's chasing? :clap:rant

There's some truth to both comments. Its not like they'll get slammed to the turf. But it should help with the game atmosphere, for both QBs.

If it doesnt help mold one guy into a better player, start the other one :)

This is kind of interesting. A day after going full pads on a Monday, the Huskers had their quarterbacks wearing red jerseys instead of the green non-contact jerseys.

Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said nobody got taken to the ground, "but they got knocked around."

"Two things: We've got young quarterbacks and they need a true sense of what it's like in a game all the time. That's reason No. 1 to do it," Watson said. "And it helps evaluate they're ability to play in the pocket and pass.

It was another pleasing practice for coaches.

"We've got a lot of resiliency," Watson said. "They're young, but they got a lot of resiliency. They've done a nice job of responding to the challenges we gave to them. They did a heckuva job. They had a real good practice. It felt like us."

HuskerExtra

This is great news! I just hope no one gets hurt :).

P.S. "Resiliency" isn't a word, or at least might be the most unnecessary word in the English language.

Pretty sure the Suh doesnt go against the first team O or D during practice. They work with the scout team to prepare for the offense they will face.

Our D and O in the 90s were so friggin tough because they went 1s against 1s. If an offense could take a beating from our defense, they were going to be able to take a beating from any defense-- same thing for the defense taking a beating from the offense.

If you go to the gym and bench 135 everyday, you might end up with decent form, but you aren't going to get very strong.

Pretty sure the Suh doesnt go against the first team O or D during practice. They work with the scout team to prepare for the offense they will face.

Our D and O in the 90s were so friggin tough because they went 1s against 1s. If an offense could take a beating from our defense, they were going to be able to take a beating from any defense-- same thing for the defense taking a beating from the offense.

If you go to the gym and bench 135 everyday, you might end up with decent form, but you aren't going to get very strong.

This.

I've seen a lot of interviews of players from the 95 team that talked about going up against the defense in practice and how tough it was, but that going against them (and vice versa for the defense) made the team better as a whole going up against each other every week.

Not sure if it's just Lee being indecisive, or if the coaches are telling him "not to run".

Because I am confident that Green is a very capable backup if Lee gets injured.

But I would love to see Lee just tuck it and run when the defense is expecting throw.

Because ALL of the defenses expect us to throw when Lee drops back.

Lee IS fast, he just never uses that ability.

If the coaches are telling him not to run for fear of injury, they need to throw that kind of thinking out the window, because we need to do everything we can to win. We can't "fear" getting injured. That's just part of the game.