Interesting note about running a "unique" offense

Its funny, I have seen lots of threads and read lots of posts about how NU should be running a unique type offnese so that it would be harder for other teams to prepare and becuase recruiting would become simple.

Well guess what, NU currently does that, look at the top 10, hell look at the top 25, outside of USC does any top 25 team run the WCO?

Some people might try to say "bama, but they are just a power running team.

God, I hate the WCO!!!!!!!!

It just doesnt work well in college, to many plays, to much to learn, to much emphasis on EVERYTHING but being athletic and making plays.

Its funny, I have seen lots of threads and read lots of posts about how NU should be running a unique type offnese so that it would be harder for other teams to prepare and becuase recruiting would become simple.

Well guess what, NU currently does that, look at the top 10, hell look at the top 25, outside of USC does any top 25 team run the WCO?

It just doesnt work well in college, to many plays, to much to learn, to much emphasis on EVERYTHING but being athletic and making plays.

USC's WCO isn't as complicated, they have a true freshman QB, a true freshman WR that gets playing time. NU isn't running their offense. NU doesn't have the WRs for it to work or the big time blue chip 4-5 star pro-style QBs. NU should be running a run/gun with true reads and options along with some power-I.

USC's WCO isn't as complicated, they have a true freshman QB, a true freshman WR that gets playing time. NU isn't running their offense. NU doesn't have the WRs for it to work or the big time blue chip 4-5 star pro-style QBs. NU should be running a run/gun with true reads and options along with some power-I.

I totally agree and also, thank you for responding to my thread. Good lord people, almost 100 views and only one response!!

I totally agree and also, thank you for responding to my thread. Good lord people, almost 100 views and only one response!!

That's because it always degenerates into an argument. One segment of our fan base thinks that dissing the WCO means that you must be one of those fans whose sole goal in life is to rid NU of the evil forward pass. This thread is a pool of gasoline. Just posting on it is like hovering over it with a lit match.

Please allow me to share what I've learned on this forum:

Words and phrases to avoid: WCO, Power I, Option (or any other run-favoring formation), Spread (or any pass-favoring formation)

Also strictly forbidden: Any post that contains both Watson and Osborne in it. Any post that contains both Green and Lee in it.

That leaves about 5% of the topics out there, but then someone usually comes along and calls it stupid or puts up a million of these thingies dedhoarse so you're hosed anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is "Post away!"

Sorry, I read this, and didn't respond the first time. but you have guilted me into it.

All this talk about changing the offense is rediculous. So i avoid it. It's not going to happen mid-season. Do what you can this far into the season, and make the most of it.

But, on the brighter note, this post allows me to show off my super duper new sig pic, custom made by my new BFF The Maudfather, with the help up my future groomsman, Big Red Iowan :nanalama:wasted:horns2:thumbs:woo:corndance

That's because it always degenerates into an argument. One segment of our fan base thinks that dissing the WCO means that you must be one of those fans whose sole goal in life is to rid NU of the evil forward pass. This thread is a pool of gasoline. Just posting on it is like hovering over it with a lit match.

Words and phrases to avoid: WCO, Power I, Option (or any other run-favoring formation), Spread (or any pass-favoring formation)

Also strictly forbidden: Any post that contains both Watson and Osborne in it. Any post that contains both Green and Lee in it.

That leaves about 5% of the topics out there, but then someone usually comes along and calls it stupid or puts up a million of these thingies dedhoarse so you're hosed anyway.

I'm completely for the forward pass, I'm totally against the West Coast offense

Edited by AngryHusker88

Sorry, I read this, and didn't respond the first time. but you have guilted me into it.

All this talk about changing the offense is rediculous. So i avoid it. It's not going to happen mid-season. Do what you can this far into the season, and make the most of it.

But, on the brighter note, this post allows me to show off my super duper new sig pic, custom made by my new BFF The Maudfather, with the help up my future groomsman, Big Red Iowan :nanalama:wasted:horns2:thumbs:woo:corndance

I agree that its ridiculous to suggest we completely change the offense in the middle of the season. However it definitely needs to be changed IMO. Simplify & dumb down the playbook, place extreme emphasis on proper blocking by the O-Line, stop making the run so damn predictable & stop running so many screen passes (maybe the screen pass isnt the problem, im just not a fan of the play & I feel its Watson runs it too much)

Edited by AngryHusker88

I agree that its ridiculous to suggest we completely change the offense in the middle of the season. However it definitely needs to be changed IMO. Simplify & dumb down the playbook, place extreme emphasis on proper blocking by the O-Line, stop making the run so damn predictable & stop running so many screen passes (maybe the screen pass isnt the problem, im just not a fan of the play & I feel its Watson runs it too much)

don't worry, by the time you guys switch to the spread, the rest of college football will be running something new.

You also forgot the topic of B****out.