Home crowd boos

Anyone else notice the SURGE toward the gate as soon as Lee threw that last pass? I have never been through something like that before. It was like a freaking synchronized motion toward the exits. I swear 90% of the student section hadn't even seen the ISU player hit the ground after the pick before they were on their way out.

If you say that booing the team is classless than I'm sorry, but you are ridiculously hypocritical. Yes... you may not boo, but HOW MUCH sh#t did you talk on the team while you were watching that debacle take place?

And to answer someone's earlier post, there was DEFINITELY booing taking place, not just "grumbling". Near the end of the game, there was booing after nearly every dropped pass, incompletion and fumble... since they turned the F$ing ball over every 5 damn plays (exaggeration).

I'm getting really sick of watching College Football Final and seeing these amazing plays take place every night and KNOWING.... not just thinking, but KNOWING that our players would not be able to make those plays, even if their lives depended on it.

WITHOUT A DOUBT... the sloppiness and all around TERRIBLE execution of the offense comes down to COACHING. Yes... coaching. If the offense was coached as diligently as the defense is, we would be very well off. But NOONE can deny that the problems on offense are (at least in part) due to the coaches lack of attention to them.

I agree with knapplc. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about your support for a team. I doubt anyone (always one exception) was booing individual players or effort today. Someone please explain to me how nebraska goes from good to dead in 2 weeks. That's not individual players screwing up. That's a collective effort and that's leadership. Coaches are the 1st leaders of the team.

And callafan I don't see how discussing one of our HOBBIES with other fans is a loser thing to do. You're here doing it too. Why do you think Osborne made such a big deal out of making sure everyone (fans included) were able to be a part of the family again after pederson isolated us all? He knows the everyday people of nebraska are just as vital to the program as the players.

8 turnovers

They deserved to be booed off the f'ing field-at least the offense did.

If they can't take it, tough sh!t. For the second week in a row, they stunk the place up and got their asses kicked in by a team that they were supposed to beat.

It's time for them to step up or GTF off the field.

This is BULLSH!T!

PC, I have never booed at Memorial Stadium, and I never will. I'm just sick of people whining about booing while looking at this product on the field.

And those players and coaches you think make the program aren't at Nebraska without the money the fans pour into those coffers every year. Failing to understand that makes your arguments pretty weak. No money = no coaches = no players = Doane.

The players don't provide that money. I do. You do. Everyone posting here does. We have a right to gripe if our money isn't being put to good use.

And your shot about post totals is ignorant, especially coming from a guy posting to a message board at 10:30 on a Saturday night. Are you the pot or the kettle?

:yeah

I don't know a better place to post this, so i will put here and maybe a few others that run along the line of this subject.

I spent 6 years in the military traveling around the country and the world meeting new people, and during that time i met a lot of college football fans (especially from Texas) and i put up with a huge amount of negativity towards the Huskers.

But i have never experienced or would think to see this kind of negativity towards the Huskers from our very own fans. What ever happened to being respectful fans? What ever happened to being respectful to our team or supportive to our team?

Even during the bad years under Tom Osborne, Husker fans never booed, Husker fans didn't try to get into fights with other fans, Husker fans were very supportive for their struggling team. What has happened to that?

People will do what they want, thats life. But right now i feel like the only thing that is giving the Huskers a bad name is the some of the fans themselves.

I'm a season ticket holder who's grown weary of the whole "Husker Game Day Experience."

As a life-long Husker fan whose been to more games than he can count, the best experience of all was my first game in November 1975 when, as an eleven-year old boy, I first stepped into the stands in the west stadium, saw the astro-turf field that I had seen on TV so many times, saw Vince Farragamo throwing perfect spirals, and felt my hair stand on end when the band marched out on the field to the ominous pounding of the drums. The starting players ran to the center of the field as they were introduced, and all players from both team stood along the sidelines and faced Old Glory with hands over their hearts as the band played the national anthem. The band played spirited fight songs throughout a game which rarely took more than two hours and thirty minutes to complete. The game and traditional trappings of college football were more than enough for an unforgettable experience.

But now, I ask, "Is the game enough?"

The "Tunnel Walk," once an interesting novelty for the first few years, now has become a tired self-parody. The thumping music and grainy highlight footage of past glory serve only as a mockery to the pathetic display of gridiron ineptitude that we'll see during the game. Husker Power? Don't make me laugh. Weren't simple player introductions enough? Isn't football enough?

If we prefer to watch the games in person at the stadium instead of at home on TV, then why do we need Husker Vision - a giant TV screen on steroids that is nothing more than an annoying billboard? With every break in the action, the PA directs our attention to this monstrosity so that we can watch pathetic commercials about jet powered racing soda bottles, or pizzas hiding under helmets, or see yet another gratuitous mug shot of Larry The Cable Fool. The Husker Vision would be interesting if it could show the replay of a controversial call as the replay official is reviewing it. But no, that's forbidden. Go figure. Wasn't a simple scoreboard enough? Isn't football enough?

And let there not be a moment of silence, for we must be assaulted by grunge-metal/gangsta-rap music blaring at ear-splitting decibels during every one of the endless TV time-outs lest our already stunted attention spans be afforded even the fleetest moment of reflection. An occasional fight song played by the "Pride of All Nebraska" used to be enough. Wasn't a marching band enough? Isn't football enough?

The "Scarlettes" insult our sense of propriety with their sexually suggestive dance routine that has nothing to do with cheering for our athletes and everything to do with taunting the idle lust of developmentally stunted frat boys. Athletic, fresh-faced young women with pom-poms used to suffice. No more. Now we need semi-professional pole dancers without the poles. Weren't traditional cheerleaders enough? Isn't football enough?

We are patronized with videos reminding us that we are "the best fans in college football," then in the same videos, we are scolded not to boo opposing players or shout obscenities at the refs. If we really were "the best fans in college football," would we need so many gratuitous reminders and then be warned to mind our manners? Wasn't simple dignity and civility enough? Isn't football enough?

We used to have NU vs OU, the best rivalry in all of college football. Now we have the Big Twelve North, and the BCS championship series. Wasn't the Big Eight and the Orange Bowl enough? Isn't football enough?

We used to have power, smash-mouth football. Now we have the patty-cake, dink-and-dunk, west-coast offense with our quarterbacks wearing skirts. Give me the power I formation, or the wishbone, or anything, but spare me this powder-puff flag-football style of offense. Wasn't manning-up enough? Isn't football enough?

We've been sold this slick, over-hyped, commercially packaged garbage with the excuse that we have to do it to "keep up with the rest of college football." But it was bad enough when we beat up on the girl schools and choked when playing the rated teams. Now, the girl schools mock us, too, even in our own stadium. Where has "keeping up" gotten us? The worse our team gets, the more slick distractions we are served to distract our minds from remembering what we once had. And we pay $54.00 per ticket for this? Wasn't the Nebraska way of football enough? Isn't football enough?

Well, isn't football enough?

Apparently not.

My inner Husker has been all but suffocated. Go Big Red. Yeah, whatever.

I'm a season ticket holder who's grown weary of the whole "Husker Game Day Experience."

As a life-long Husker fan whose been to more games than he can count, the best experience of all was my first game in November 1975 when, as an eleven-year old boy, I first stepped into the stands in the west stadium, saw the astro-turf field that I had seen on TV so many times, saw Vince Farragamo throwing perfect spirals, and felt my hair stand on end when the band marched out on the field to the ominous pounding of the drums. The starting players ran to the center of the field as they were introduced, and all players from both team stood along the sidelines and faced Old Glory with hands over their hearts as the band played the national anthem. The band played spirited fight songs throughout a game which rarely took more than two hours and thirty minutes to complete. The game and traditional trappings of college football were more than enough for an unforgettable experience.

The "Tunnel Walk," once an interesting novelty for the first few years, now has become a tired self-parody. The thumping music and grainy highlight footage of past glory serve only as a mockery to the pathetic display of gridiron ineptitude that we'll see during the game. Husker Power? Don't make me laugh. Weren't simple player introductions enough? Isn't football enough?

If we prefer to watch the games in person at the stadium instead of at home on TV, then why do we need Husker Vision - a giant TV screen on steroids that is nothing more than an annoying billboard? With every break in the action, the PA directs our attention to this monstrosity so that we can watch pathetic commercials about jet powered racing soda bottles, or pizzas hiding under helmets, or see yet another gratuitous mug shot of Larry The Cable Fool. The Husker Vision would be interesting if it could show the replay of a controversial call as the replay official is reviewing it. But no, that's forbidden. Go figure. Wasn't a simple scoreboard enough? Isn't football enough?

And let there not be a moment of silence, for we must be assaulted by grunge-metal/gangsta-rap music blaring at ear-splitting decibels during every one of the endless TV time-outs lest our already stunted attention spans be afforded even the fleetest moment of reflection. An occasional fight song played by the "Pride of All Nebraska" used to be enough. Wasn't a marching band enough? Isn't football enough?

The "Scarlettes" insult our sense of propriety with their sexually suggestive dance routine that has nothing to do with cheering for our athletes and everything to do with taunting the idle lust of developmentally stunted frat boys. Athletic, fresh-faced young women with pom-poms used to suffice. No more. Now we need semi-professional pole dancers without the poles. Weren't traditional cheerleaders enough? Isn't football enough?

We are patronized with videos reminding us that we are "the best fans in college football," then in the same videos, we are scolded not to boo opposing players or shout obscenities at the refs. If we really were "the best fans in college football," would we need so many gratuitous reminders and then be warned to mind our manners? Wasn't simple dignity and civility enough? Isn't football enough?

We used to have NU vs OU, the best rivalry in all of college football. Now we have the Big Twelve North, and the BCS championship series. Wasn't the Big Eight and the Orange Bowl enough? Isn't football enough?

We used to have power, smash-mouth football. Now we have the patty-cake, dink-and-dunk, west-coast offense with our quarterbacks wearing skirts. Give me the power I formation, or the wishbone, or anything, but spare me this powder-puff flag-football style of offense. Wasn't manning-up enough? Isn't football enough?

We've been sold this slick, over-hyped, commercially packaged garbage with the excuse that we have to do it to "keep up with the rest of college football." But it was bad enough when we beat up on the girl schools and choked when playing the rated teams. Now, the girl schools mock us, too, even in our own stadium. Where has "keeping up" gotten us? The worse our team gets, the more slick distractions we are served to distract our minds from remembering what we once had. And we pay $54.00 per ticket for this? Wasn't the Nebraska way of football enough? Isn't football enough?

Apparently not.

Apparently not.

While I agree with nearly everything you said, I found the Scarlettes to be the only interesting thing to watch during the Texas Tech game since I wasn't able to stand up and cheer on my team due to cranky fans around me. I do think the racing pop bottles and the other crap on the big screen completely takes away from what could be a good atmosphere. As is, it is really weak and I don't even enjoy going there any more. I also find it funny to hear the announcers that cover our games go on and on and on about what a special place it is. I wonder what it would be like to see a game at LSU or Tennessee or Ohio State. I bet it would be a much more memorable experience.

Apparently not.

Its the world we live in man, get use to it.. surprising that you have the internet and a computer after that bash on technology.

I suppose your against coaches challenges because "isn't just football enough"

If you want a decent product on the field you gotta have this stuff because it draws recruits and $.. thats the cruel reality of the world we live in..

I don't know a better place to post this, so i will put here and maybe a few others that run along the line of this subject.

I spent 6 years in the military traveling around the country and the world meeting new people, and during that time i met a lot of college football fans (especially from Texas) and i put up with a huge amount of negativity towards the Huskers.

But i have never experienced or would think to see this kind of negativity towards the Huskers from our very own fans. What ever happened to being respectful fans? What ever happened to being respectful to our team or supportive to our team?

Even during the bad years under Tom Osborne, Husker fans never booed, Husker fans didn't try to get into fights with other fans, Husker fans were very supportive for their struggling team. What has happened to that?

People will do what they want, thats life. But right now i feel like the only thing that is giving the Huskers a bad name is the some of the fans themselves.

:yeah

I am right there with you Fuzzy. I would never boo a Husker team. It doesn't matter how many turnovers, INTs, fumbles...etc. Nor would I get in a fight over them. It was just the way I was raised. However, anytime I see Colorado on the TV... ;)

Apparently not.

Its the world we live in man, get use to it.. surprising that you have the internet and a computer after that bash on technology.

I suppose your against coaches challenges because "isn't just football enough"

If you want a decent product on the field you gotta have this stuff because it draws recruits and $.. thats the cruel reality of the world we live in..

Draino,

Then you'll be VERY surprised that I'm a computer database administrator for a state government agency. I think technology is terrific, but not the way its used to cover up for bad football the way it is at Memorial

Stadium. And yes, in fact, I'm opposed to replay review, coaches challenges and all that other garbage. Look at the poor officiating the last two games and tell me if you think it's enhanced or detracted from the game? Poor officials now just use the instant replay as a crutch.

And as for all that stuff bringing in recruits... well... how's it been working for us?