Watson

Sorry. Watson's desire to constantly go away from what is working is troubling. This offensive line has proven that they can get some push out of the I formation with some additional tightend assistance in both the missouri game and this one but we scrap it. Why?

Exactly why Watson should go. Our O was running right at them in the heavy sets and they couldn't stop it. Then, we never went back to it and pissed a couple more zone reads out of the gun down our leg. I'm so sick of that F'n play. It needs to go. Vince young ran it well, nebraska is not threat whatsoever.

A fumble lost by a runner in a game is the player's fault. 8 Goddam turnovers in one game is the coaches' fault as well. At a certain point it just comes back to reflect on the coaching and discipline. There is no excuse to lose that many. It comes down to what players you put in (Helu is OBVIOUSLY NOT HEALTHY, keep him out of the game - they should have learned that on play number 1), what plays you call, and how you coach this team. Someone failed and failed hard.

A fumble lost by a runner in a game is the player's fault. 8 Goddam turnovers in one game is the coaches' fault as well. At a certain point it just comes back to reflect on the coaching and discipline. There is no excuse to lose that many. It comes down to what players you put in (Helu is OBVIOUSLY NOT HEALTHY, keep him out of the game - they should have learned that on play number 1), what plays you call, and how you coach this team. Someone failed and failed hard.

I'll just throw this thought out there. When Watson had Ganz and the rest of that merry crew people were expecting him to land a head coaching job. Now he has different players and he forgot how to coach? hmmmmm........ I'm not saying that some changes are not needed, but just food for thought.

Good point. The problem is in basic skills. That falls on the Position Coaches. But with that being said, Watson is their boss and should be making sure they are doing the job. The fumbles no one seen that coming. But the drop passes has been a problem all season. Even High Schools are now useing Tennis Ball machines with their recievers. Why can't Nebraska?

I'll just throw this thought out there. When Watson had Ganz and the rest of that merry crew people were expecting him to land a head coaching job. Now he has different players and he forgot how to coach? hmmmmm........ I'm not saying that some changes are not needed, but just food for thought.

Good point. The problem is in basic skills. That falls on the Position Coaches. But with that being said, Watson is their boss and should be making sure they are doing the job. The fumbles no one seen that coming. But the drop passes has been a problem all season. Even High Schools are now useing Tennis Ball machines with their recievers. Why can't Nebraska?

Ganz, Peterson, and Swift had amazing chemistry. You always had to take into account them improvising a play. This year without that chemistry we are really seeing how good of a play caller Wats really is. The main thing I worry about with Wats is when is his offense going to gain an identity or play with emotion? You watch the offense at times and it looks like they are just trying to survive a game. They are an empty shell. And that is the reason why I want him to go.

My offensive coordinator of choice is Dana Holgorsen OC at Houston and former OC at TTech.

2) Jeremy Bates, QB coach at USC

3) Rod Smith, QB coach at Michigan

I agree that Watson has been questionable as a play caller at times, but putting this loss on him is ridiculous. If your offense turns the ball over four times inside the opponents 5, you can't expect to win. The coaches didn't turn the ball over, the players did. You can say the coaches should have them practice ball security more, but it all comes down to the player. The coaches can make them practice it all they want, but regardless of how much time is devoted to holding the football, it's up to the player to hang on.

This one hurts, but we left roughly 21 points on the field. It was depressing to see all of the fumbles, but I think that the team WILL rebound. Its okay...Be bummed, drink a few extra adult beverages tonight, and know that things ARE moving in the right direction.

Hate to think what it would be like if they were moving in the WRONG direction !

Was wishful thinking that he'd leave. <_< just sayin.

I agree that Watson has been questionable as a play caller at times, but putting this loss on him is ridiculous. If your offense turns the ball over four times inside the opponents 5, you can't expect to win. The coaches didn't turn the ball over, the players did. You can say the coaches should have them practice ball security more, but it all comes down to the player. The coaches can make them practice it all they want, but regardless of how much time is devoted to holding the football, it's up to the player to hang on.

Amen. :yeah

Watson didn't fumble the ball, drop the passes did he? Or did I miss something? <_<

Anyone who blames the coaching staff for 5 lost fumbles and 3 interceptions is out of their minds. the scheme was good, and the offense moved the ball.

the players are the ones that dropped the damn thing!

:facepalm: