I am tearing my hair out at the "Zac played good" comments

C-4

Thanks for the humor yellowjacketfan. I still think the line can run block in the power I. I wish we'd stick cody in there with the fullback and a few tightends next week and just pound away and see what happens. See if we don't open up the pass a little. Right now all the opposing team has to do is stack the box and let Lee miss his targets and let the oline get burned backpeddling...

The problem is that Green scares the bejeebers out of a lot of fans on this forum. I think that they're afraid that if we put him in and the dual-threat qb starts having some success, we will eventually go back to the offense of old (which to a lot of youngsters is Frank Solich lol). Then we have given up the "modern-style" offense for something that everyone says "can't work anymore."

What?

I'm sorry, but no.

You're just being an old timer who thinks the solution to everything is to run it up the middle.

Thanks for the humor yellowjacketfan. I still think the line can run block in the power I. I wish we'd stick cody in there with the fullback and a few tightends next week and just pound away and see what happens. See if we don't open up the pass a little. Right now all the opposing team has to do is stack the box and let Lee miss his targets and let the oline get burned backpeddling...

The problem is that Green scares the bejeebers out of a lot of fans on this forum. I think that they're afraid that if we put him in and the dual-threat qb starts having some success, we will eventually go back to the offense of old (which to a lot of youngsters is Frank Solich lol). Then we have given up the "modern-style" offense for something that everyone says "can't work anymore."

What?

I'm sorry, but no.

You're just being an old timer who thinks the solution to everything is to run it up the middle.

lmao...if you say so. :)

I too disagree that Zac played "well". I think where the issue comes in is that many of us were sold on Lee being good, and possibly an upgrade over Ganz. In my mind Lee is an average QB (Whatever happened to his supposed running ability?). He isn't THE problem with the offense, but he is part of it. He's a caretaker type QB. If he was surrounded by talent, he would be a good fit. Unfortunately, he doesn't have either the physical and/or leadership abilities to put the team on his back and "win" games. This is why I would prefer to see Green take over. He's certainly more raw than Lee, but I beleive he's got more talent, and may be a better leader.

Guys don't get me wrong because I'm not a big Lee fan but he didn't play awful. He is an average QB who has trouble looking downfield and likes to check down way to often. I would have liked to see Green get some reps. I know Green is going to make more mistakes than Lee but after watching the Texas Tech game it looks like he might actually throw the ball downfield. I'm also tired of seeing Lee run QB reads and get 2 yards. But this game can't all be pinned on Lee. We are expecting greatness from a average guy. We need to run the ball more...and if Helu wasn't banged up like Bo said why didn't he get more carries?

What?

I'm sorry, but no.

lmao...if you say so. :)

A dumb generalization, right?

Actually, I'd like to see us stick with Lee for the next few games so he, his receivers, and coach Watson can stink up the offense so badly that the collective Husker nation will be on the same page and be so thoroughly ill that we vomit this offensive staff at the end of the year and start with a blank page. Plus, I enjoy watching the apologists on this forum play circular firing squad between the various offensive coaches and players. It is never their favorite's fault, be it coach or player.

Lastly, I am fond of the English language as well. It is not GOOD that the team did not play WELL. (It is even worse to hear television announcers misusing it on a daily basis.)

(_?_)

Guys don't get me wrong because I'm not a big Lee fan but he didn't play awful. He is an average QB who has trouble looking downfield and likes to check down way to often. I would have liked to see Green get some reps. I know Green is going to make more mistakes than Lee but after watching the Texas Tech game it looks like he might actually throw the ball downfield. I'm also tired of seeing Lee run QB reads and get 2 yards. But this game can't all be pinned on Lee. We are expecting greatness from a average guy. We need to run the ball more...and if Helu wasn't banged up like Bo said why didn't he get more carries?

ding ding ding

That is exactly what I was wondering during the press conference. Did we really need to know the answer to "Did you think the defense kept NU in the game?" or something ridiculous like that which was asked by one of the reporters.

Trey had a decent game, but nobody is left that has the explosiveness of Helu.

I had to leave home near the end of the first quarter, and didn't get any updates until the end of the game, and only got the 7-9 score.

My first thought was that Green came in and had some turnovers, then Lee must've come back and not been able to move the offense well.

I was absolutely floored when I finally got home and checked the box score and saw that Green never made the stats.

I was going to watch the rest of the game that I recorded, but I don't think I can stomach it tonight so I'll wait til tomorrow and see what happened before I make any assumptions.

8 turnovers. Wow.

Wow.

What?

I'm sorry, but no.

Five National Championships don't lie...how has Nebraska done since adopting the "modern" offense, sonny?