Season Over

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined how this season would transpire. The college football world in probably in shock as well over our misfortunes. No one can believe it.

I'll refrain from pointing any fingers, calling for coaches' heads on a silver platter, or name-calling because I don't think it gets us anywhere, but for me at least I have declared the season over.

Any bowl game talk doesn't even excite me. The thought of playing in some "Barely-Made-It" Bowl like the Independence Bowl or similar is meaningless to me.

This offense is just bad. All I can hope for is that nightmare will die when the season dies and the nightmare goes with it. I'll look forward to next season beginning immediately. I just really bad for the seniors and especially Suh who decided to forego his pro career to come back to see this thing through. Gawd, I hate sounding like a whiney b*tch.

Hey man I am right there with you on all points, whats even funnier now in retrospect that just 2 weeks ago the media was trying say we were back. Sadly I knew we weren't back but I did think we were on the verge of it, then our offense decides to become completely non existent. This really has turned into a nightmare season.

Season isn't over. We got games to play. Also keep in mind that this is a young team at least on offense. We will get to a bowl game maybe not a BCS bowl but it'll be a decent one. I for one realize that turning around a struggling program takes time. This is only year two folk.

See below

There are games left but the season is over. If NU is to make it to a decent bowl they need to win out. This team doesn't have that in them.

If Bo makes some kind of top down fundamental change in coaching staff -- that leads to a DRASTIC change in philosophy in play calling and bigger emphasis on FUNDAMENTALS of ball handing -- and drop the "go down with the ship loyalty to Watson and / or LEE ---- then I'd say you are wrong!!!

but I don't think it will happen so you are probobly right.....

I still hope to see these changes, but now doubt I will...

go big red. Hmmph.

No, I didn't think we were going to a BCS Bowl, but I did think we had the potential to go to a fairly prestigious bowl game...not get eliminated or play in some crappy bowl that no one cares about.

Were we 3-3 last season or 4-3? That season didn't end up horribly. Actually, many on this board were calling it a spring board to this year.