signingday2010.png

Player: Corey Cooper

Hometown: Maywood, IL

Position: S

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 203 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State, Minnesota, Arizona, Stanford, Notre Dame, Tennessee

Favorites: Verbal to Illinois but remains open

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Multi-talented recruit does it all playing offense, defense, and special teams for his HS. Solid prospect with good size and physicality projecting as S.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% With Zook possibly on the hook, not too surprising he is looking at other programs. Has visited Notre Dame. Will visit Nebraska on 11/6. Could be strong, physical SS we need.

glad we got his visiting..hope he comes away impressed

really like this kid and hope we can do what it takes to land him.....

Wish Illinois hadn't finally gotten a good win, Zook might survive yet. But I would hope he can see that this is hands-down better-coached defense.

bump

how did the visit go?? this stud would definetly enhance our d core..... i'd really like to see him committ

i mean really really like to see him committ

Re: Scout teaser

apparently were a serious player now?

:yeah Wasn't too sure what to expect coming in, but was very impressed with the D. Best he's seen. Anyway, definitely in it for him now. Went from low interest to high. Still has visits scheduled so we shall see what happens, but looks like Husker game day really made a difference with him.

Oh and this might also be of interest, says he spent time with most of the other recruits but particularly the 4 players from Roosevelt High School, Austin Hill, Joshua Mitchell, Harold Mobley, Tyler Slavin. Of course, Mitchell is now N following the weekend.

where else he is heading for an offical

:dunno

Arizona and Illinois

humm not sure how i feel about this one just yet....... whats everyone elses thoughts

Being from Illinois and with Zook at UI, i would expect this to be a tough battle for him.

Yeah, say what you want about Zook, but the guy can recruit with the best of them. It doesn't matter how crappy their team is playing, he still pulls in top classes.

Being from Illinois and with Zook at UI, i would expect this to be a tough battle for him.

Yeah, say what you want about Zook, but the guy can recruit with the best of them. It doesn't matter how crappy their team is playing, he still pulls in top classes.

As unbelievable as it seems, it's true. But it sounds like he's seriously considering NU now. :bonez

As unbelievable as it seems, it's true. But it sounds like he's seriously considering NU now. :bonez

i saw that HI had some stuff on about his visit... anyone got any clues about what he said about his visit :dunno:dunno

i saw that HI had some stuff on about his visit... anyone got any clues about what he said about his visit :dunno:dunno

I really would like to get this guy. he seems like a complete stud, and would be a great S/LB possibly. i hope we can get him, hill, mobley, and or malone/tejay johnson with the longshot of OO in the window but i dont see that has Cal or the oregon schools are the best bets. but either way i want one more four star to go into the offseason seeing that!! no not really, im not into stars a few concern me with the offers such as mitchell but i will put the faith in the coaches. they cant all be four/five stars unless you are texas or SC, and look what that gets you. Underachieving teams, and i hate that.

He basically said it was a great trip, that he was really surprised by how amazing the atmosphere was and how the fans knew the names of all of the recruits. He noted how Nebraska is losing some safeties and how he could come in and contribute right away. He said he's still officially committed to Illinois, but that he's now seriously considering Nebraska and that Nebraska is "pretty high" on his list now. He's still going to visit Arizona and maybe Tennessee.

He basically said it was a great trip, that he was really surprised by how amazing the atmosphere was and how the fans knew the names of all of the recruits. He noted how Nebraska is losing some safeties and how he could come in and contribute right away. He said he's still officially committed to Illinois, but that he's now seriously considering Nebraska and that Nebraska is "pretty high" on his list now. He's still going to visit Arizona and maybe Tennessee.

I don't know about Arizona's situation at Safety, but they look like they're finally turning that program around. Eric Berry's play up at Tenn. will surely impress him, plus he'll be well coached (Monte, not Lane). And like I posted earlier, Zook's a heck of a recruiter. I hope we get this kid, but it will be tough.

I don't know about Arizona's situation at Safety, but they look like they're finally turning that program around. Eric Berry's play up at Tenn. will surely impress him, plus he'll be well coached (Monte, not Lane). And like I posted earlier, Zook's a heck of a recruiter. I hope we get this kid, but it will be tough.

huh interesting i like our chances on this one....

canceled his visit to ND this weekend, in favor of visiting Ariz.

speaks a lot about DN football i suppose...... i like our chances over arizona... but who the hell knows these days......

but with that being said... hey corey we could REALLY REAALLY lke you over here at nebraska :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Look there has been a ton of Blue Chippers that have come and seen NU and there are more this weekend. Our class is filling up and the train is leaving. There should only be a couple of more spots left and they will not be around forever. These kids need to pull the trigger or the train will leave without them and they will end up at UTEP or Baylor.

Look there has been a ton of Blue Chippers that have come and seen NU and there are more this weekend. Our class is filling up and the train is leaving. There should only be a couple of more spots left and they will not be around forever. These kids need to pull the trigger or the train will leave without them and they will end up at UTEP or Baylor.

ha like these guys dont have better offers then NU. You must not follow up on recruiting or just think that Nebraska is just that big of a deal

HaHa thats funny,,, better offers like OU that is playing 500 ball, or ND that will not have a head coach after this yr. Or Mich that is 1-7 in conference. So I have to laugh. Look at were NU was and were NU is going.

HaHa thats funny,,, better offers like OU that is playing 500 ball, or ND that will not have a head coach after this yr. Or Mich that is 1-7 in conference. So I have to laugh. Look at were NU and were they are going.

cheeee heee

thats what i'm saying... why wouldnt a guy want to come here.... the low tide is going out at the high tide rise of da big huskers are coming in bruddah man

Apparently visited Arizona on November 20. Could some1 with a subscription tell us what it says in the article about how his visit went (the article is on his rivals profile page) & if hes planning any more visits?

Enjoyed the weather.

liked the campus and facilities.

Ranks his visit an 8 (lol).

Going to take one more visit before he decides on anything.

Going to Illinois on December 11th

Enjoyed the weather.

liked the campus and facilities.

Ranks his visit an 8 (lol).

Going to take one more visit before he decides on anything.

Going to Illinois on December 11th

sounds like it a nice visit but nothing more.... and an 8!? in this world if your not hovering around a 9 your screwed... anyone know what he gave his nebraska visit.... but then again Rome gave us a 7 and still committed....... i am still very hopeful for this guy

I would say Asante is a play making safety.

i would say o'hanlon is a play making safety. the improvement in both of our safeties over the last couple of years is breathtaking. god it's nice to once again have players getting better from real coaching. hopefully cooper takes notice.

we need a play making safety...the last time we ever had one were the bullock brothers

What do you call the K-State forced fumble and his other interceptions? I would say knocking that OU receiver out of the game as well was 'play making.'

we need a play making safety...the last time we ever had one were the bullock brothers

What do you call the K-State forced fumble and his other interceptions? I would say knocking that OU receiver out of the game as well was 'play making.'

sooo i wonder how the illinois beat down will affect his choices... from my understanding his officals are over.....???? really curious to see how this all plays out.....

anyones thoughts on his likelyhood at Nebraska... pure speculation of course... unlesss anyone is holding :thumbs:thumbs

NU is a serious player in this. I think it is down to us and Arizona.

Weis will get fired and Zook is on the hot seat. These things will play a significant role in his process.

Read on Rivals that we are now in the lead.

Awesome!! :w00t

he is ours to lose.. supoosedly....

i think he wiil be N as from the diffrent things he said about nebraska versus the other schools (i.e. arizona) he had a a lot more positive things to say in detail about us versus... the whole 'i like the weather' in regards to arizona... looks good for us... but lets keep our fingers crosssed

Cooper would be a fool to go to Illinois over Nebraska––that is assuming he's interested in playing actual defense. Pelini's your man. Zook's only got a used car lot.

Corey Cooper will be taking his final official visit to Illinois – where he is currently committed – the weekend of Dec. 11. “It’s still about 50-percent,” Cooper said about his commitment to the Illini. “I’m hoping to see the campus one more time and just talk to the coaches one last time before I make a final decision.” Cooper would like to make that decison by the end of December.

Corey Cooper will be taking his final official visit to Illinois – where he is currently committed – the weekend of Dec. 11. “It’s still about 50-percent,” Cooper said about his commitment to the Illini. “I’m hoping to see the campus one more time and just talk to the coaches one last time before I make a final decision.” Cooper would like to make that decison by the end of December.

i think he is being pulled any way he can to stay at UI....... hoping maybe to find something he really likes that stands out... maybe heart and head are in two diffrent places i think.... but from rivals he is leaning to huskers..... how they know?????