SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Corey Cooper will be taking his final official visit to Illinois – where he is currently committed – the weekend of Dec. 11. “It’s still about 50-percent,” Cooper said about his commitment to the Illini. “I’m hoping to see the campus one more time and just talk to the coaches one last time before I make a final decision.” Cooper would like to make that decison by the end of December.

Corey Cooper will be taking his final official visit to Illinois – where he is currently committed – the weekend of Dec. 11. “It’s still about 50-percent,” Cooper said about his commitment to the Illini. “I’m hoping to see the campus one more time and just talk to the coaches one last time before I make a final decision.” Cooper would like to make that decison by the end of December.

i think he is being pulled any way he can to stay at UI....... hoping maybe to find something he really likes that stands out... maybe heart and head are in two diffrent places i think.... but from rivals he is leaning to huskers..... how they know?????

I'm only about a 1 hour drive from U of I at the moment. Perhaps I need to go visit my sister that goes to U of I on a certain day... It wouldn't be a recruiting violation to simply walk around the U of I campus covered in Husker gear, would it? :)

I'm only about a 1 hour drive from U of I at the moment. Perhaps I need to go visit my sister that goes to U of I on a certain day... It wouldn't be a recruiting violation to simply walk around the U of I campus covered in Husker gear, would it? :)

nope, your visiting your sister and not making direct contact.

From Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 4 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

CORY COOPER, SAF, 6-2, 205, 4.5, MAYWOOD (PROVISO EAST), ILLINOIS

“I’m still committed to Illinois but I’m looking around, I opened up my recruitment. Nebraska contacted me when they found out I was going to take other visits.” Cooper said

Cooper Takes In NU And OU Game

“The Nebraska visit went great, the fans, the coaching staff I got along with. I like the area (Lincoln) I felt good with. I like Lincoln it’s not too far away I can fly out of Omaha.” Cooper said

“I like the Nebraska fans’ passion for the game that surprised me. The fans knew who I was and made me feel good. P J Smith was my host he was a real cool guy.”

Husker Coaches High On Cooper

“Nebraska (coaches) said I’m on top the board they like everything about me, I can come in and play as a freshman if I do what I do. Nebraska coaches said they like my abilities, I’m fast and my ball skills.” Cooper said

“I met Tom Osborne when I was there it was an honor to meet him. I like Bo (Pelini) he’s a good coach and I’m definitely considering Nebraska because Bo is a defensive coach.”

“I’ve been to Arizona,” Cooper said, “It was cool I liked the weather. I saw Arizona play Oregon it was a fun time. Arizona coaches said the same thing I have an opportunity to play my freshman year.”

Decision Near

“I’ve been to Illinois (Champaign) many of times. It’s a home school, close to home and they have good academics and I know some players that are there now.” Cooper said

“I’m going to visit Illinois December 12 then I will make a decision after that where I’m going.” Cooper said

Cooper said he was considering Notre Dame but after the firing of Weis they are no longer in the running. Cooper said he liked Notre Dame’s academics, tradition and it was close to home.

Defensive back Corey Cooper (Maywood, Ill./Proviso East), who committed to Illinois last April, will make his official visit with the Fighting Illini this weekend. Cooper has previously made official visits to Notre Dame, Nebraska and Arizona.

"This probably won't be my last visit," Cooper said. "I'll probably visit either USC or Tennessee, but I'm not sure when."

This weekend's visit with the Illini could go a long way towards determining where Cooper ends up.