SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Can anyone see what Scout says about his timeframe?

Teaser says he talks about his list and has an in-home with Bo set up and has a timeframe now.

The fact that Stoops left AZ should leave them out, and ND seems to be late to the party, but you never know with them. And the Zooker is in trouble. Hopefully his timeframe is quick, and we are the team to beat.

Bo needs to seal this kid up.

Not sure what Scout says, but in an interview with Rivals Cooper said that he plans on announcing in January. He said he has narrowed his list to four (UA, ND, NU, IL) and hopes to have a favorite in "a few weeks from now." That might mean that he's looking more toward early January than later in the month. It seems he wants to wait to see how the coaching situations shake out at IL and ND.

Teaser says he talks about his list and has an in-home with Bo set up and has a timeframe now.

The fact that Stoops left AZ should leave them out, and ND seems to be late to the party, but you never know with them. And the Zooker is in trouble. Hopefully his timeframe is quick, and we are the team to beat.

Not sure what Scout says, but in an interview with Rivals Cooper said that he plans on announcing in January. He said he has narrowed his list to four (UA, ND, NU, IL) and hopes to have a favorite in "a few weeks from now." That might mean that he's looking more toward early January than later in the month. It seems he wants to wait to see how the coaching situations shake out at IL and ND.

To me, that makes it seem like he wants to see the UA NU game to get a clear idea where he wants to go. Maybe i'm reading too into that, but just what i see

To me, that makes it seem like he wants to see the UA NU game to get a clear idea where he wants to go. Maybe i'm reading too into that, but just what i see

He wants to visit Notre Dame

He wants to visit Notre Dame

I get that Notre Dame has its own appeal for its history, but you would think the Brian Kelly hire would work against them in their recruiting of defensive players. Kelly has always had mediocre to below average defenses at Cincy. And Notre Dame had a bad defense this year. NU definitely has the edge when you only consider the coaching expertise. Of course, more goes into these kids' decisions than that.

If Illinois football is in unstable mode, coach Ron Zook is keeping that out of the recruiting pitch.

Proviso East defensive back Corey Cooper visited the campus over the weekend along with some other recruits and said the recent firing of four assistant coaches and a 3-9 season haven't deterred him from possibly attending Illinois.

"I'm not letting that be part of my thoughts," said Cooper, who was mainly recruited by Dan Disch. Disch remained on staff but will be a position coach instead of co-defensive coordinator. "[Zook] said he'd be there a lot longer than I will."

Cooper, a 6-foot-2-inch four-star recruit, already orally committed to Illinois. He has visited and is also considering Notre Dame, Nebraska and Arizona.

Cooper said he spoke to Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly after he was hired earlier this week.

"He seems cool," Cooper said.

He plans to visit South Bend to meet with Kelly before making a final decision, possibly in January. Cooper will play in the Offense-Defense all-star game in South Carolina in early January.

HI reported that we sent every member of the defensive staff besides one. Sounds like he is the top priority for this class regardless of position. I don't have an account but I don't recall any other player getting the house thrown at them.

It sounded like an amazing sales pitch according to the Rivals report. Cooper said how NU is the only school that sent so many coaches and that really stood out to him. He said his favorite part was hearing about all of the amazing safeties that Bo has coached up in his career. He said that they told him he could be part of something special that they're building at NU and he could come in and help right away. He also said that his parents were there for the in-home visit and both really liked the coaches and felt that they could trust them.

He said that he's still planning on visiting Notre Dame, maybe this weekend. He still lists all four schools "pretty much even" at this point, though recruits almost always say that until the end. It sounded like a phenomenal in-home visit, but I think Notre Dame could be a real wild card here, especially considering he still has to visit South Bend. At least it won't be for a game day weekend experience. He'll just have to use his imagination.

HI reported that we sent every member of the defensive staff besides one. Sounds like he is the top priority for this class regardless of position. I don't have an account but I don't recall any other player getting the house thrown at them.

It sounded like an amazing sales pitch according to the Rivals report. Cooper said how NU is the only school that sent so many coaches and that really stood out to him. He said his favorite part was hearing about all of the amazing safeties that Bo has coached up in his career. He said that they told him he could be part of something special that they're building at NU and he could come in and help right away. He also said that his parents were there for the in-home visit and both really liked the coaches and felt that they could trust them.

He said that he's still planning on visiting Notre Dame, maybe this weekend. He still lists all four schools "pretty much even" at this point, though recruits almost always say that until the end. It sounded like a phenomenal in-home visit, but I think Notre Dame could be a real wild card here, especially considering he still has to visit South Bend. At least it won't be for a game day weekend experience. He'll just have to use his imagination.

Thanks for the recap. If you're a defensive player,with the defensive coaches that Nebraska has, why in the world wouldn't you want to come to Nebraska?

He told Scout he thinks he'll be ready to commit some time in early January, and he's not sure he'll take any more visits, but might take one to Notre Dame.

That sounds like a great sign.

If it is down to ND and NU that is a great sign. We have a top 5 defense for sure. ND has no defense. Kelly is an offensive coach and Bo is a defensive. Bo puts players in the NFL with his coaching, Kelly left all his players before the biggest game in their history.

S