SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

It didn't dawn on me until today, but I am wondering if Corey Cooper and Zach Fulton are friends. They go to different highschools in Chicago, but Proviso East (A private school in Maywood) where Cooper attends and Homewood-Flossmoor (a public school in Homewood) are not very far away from each other. I tried to find if they had any kind of history together but I couldn't find anything, but it is not far fetched to think that these guys' paths would have crossed many a time through the course of life in other sports and activities. They may even live near each other.

I am really wondering if the reason that Fulton is expressing interest in NU is due to Cooper. Is it possible that Cooper is pretty much N and just taking a trip to Florida St. for the enjoyment of it? Maybe Fulton knows Cooper will be here and wants to see if he wants to join him. All this is obviously pure speculation, but the details make you wonder.

On a secondary note, check out this article. It's about Prater's and Cooper's friendship. The way the article talks about Cooper makes me want to see him in Red even more.

Corey Cooper

I doubt that very much. Everything I've heard is his relationship with Stoops is VERY VERY good and that is why he's visiting. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at FSU.

I love the new sig blessed. Awesome pic!

Thanks Sker! Yah I just saw it for the first time a couple days ago and I had to put it on here. This pick almost puts you in the atmosphere at the game. Plus I have a ton of love for Rickey.

Cooper was a minute away from committing to NU until Stoops called him up and convinced him to hold off.

That would certainly bode well for us if true, but how do you know this EZ-E?

As my boy Huskerbruin told me "Keep people enticed. You wont sell any subscriptions leaking info like that." (or something to that effect)so... Just trust me. :)

If Cooper liked Stoops so much, why was he not going to Arizona in the first place instead of Illionis.

I don't know, but I'm thinking Illinois is his safety school, hence the reason why he's still considered a soft commit there for now.

Purely guessing here, but I think he likes Illini for the sake of being close to home & family, but since Illini has underwent defensive staffing changes this off-season, he's looking around at other schools to get a feel for other staffs. As of now, it sounds like he cherishes his relationship with Stoops the most of all the schools he's visited. So he might be conflicted with his choices. So it might breakdown like this:

-- Illini for the closeness to home & family factor.

-- Stoops for the coaching/relationship factor.

In the end, he realizes he can't have the best of both worlds.

If FSU isn't able to offer him for whatever reason, then I'm going to say he'll stick to his commit with Illini on Feb. 3rd. So my guess is he values his relationship with Stoops more than staying close to home at Illini. So the ball is in FSU's court. If they want him, then that's where he'll end up.

Of course this is purely my own opinion on the matter.

It really boggles my mind that if he did get a scholarship after at FSU to join Stoops and not come here. He saw the way Arizona's defense played against our offense that struggled all year.

Also FSU is going thru another coaching change...the Head Coach position. A new Head Coach, new Defensive Coordinator, new philosophy, new rhythm, where Nebraska's head coach will be going thru his 3rd year and we'll have our same Defensive Coordinator as well.

Thats cool that he's got a strong relationship with Stoops and its great to see high school athletes develope that friendship but I just hope he's making a good move to better himself as a player and I wish him the best.

If Cooper liked Stoops so much, why was he not going to Arizona in the first place instead of Illionis.

I don't know, but I'm thinking Illinois is his safety school, hence the reason why he's still considered a soft commit there for now.

Purely guessing here, but I think he likes Illini for the sake of being close to home & family, but since Illini has underwent defensive staffing changes this off-season, he's looking around at other schools to get a feel for other staffs. As of now, it sounds like he cherishes his relationship with Stoops the most of all the schools he's visited. So he might be conflicted with his choices. So it might breakdown like this:

-- Illini for the closeness to home & family factor.

-- Stoops for the coaching/relationship factor.

In the end, he realizes he can't have the best of both worlds.

If FSU isn't able to offer him for whatever reason, then I'm going to say he'll stick to his commit with Illini on Feb. 3rd. So my guess is he values his relationship with Stoops more than staying close to home at Illini. So the ball is in FSU's court. If they want him, then that's where he'll end up.

Of course this is purely my own opinion on the matter.

Double post ugh

The line our coaches need to be using on him is "Do you really want to take a chance on a program that is rebuilding with an unproven coach?" What happens if Jimbo doesnt work out at FSU? It could be like another Callahan debacle where at the end of it every party invovled is so frustraited that some of the kids and coaches ponder giving up football totally.

The line our coaches need to be using on him is "Do you really want to take a chance on a program that is rebuilding with an unproven coach?" What happens if Jimbo doesnt work out at FSU? It could be like another Callahan debacle where at the end of it every party invovled is so frustraited that some of the kids and coaches ponder giving up football totally.

I agree 110%

Also could say the coach that is recruiting you has the reputation to jump ships whenever something good pops up so do you really want to take the chance of him leaving before your time is done and be stuck in a bad situation?

Also could say the coach that is recruiting you has the reputation to jump ships whenever something good pops up so do you really want to take the chance of him leaving before your time is done and be stuck in a bad situation?

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting against a guy who was in his wedding.

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting against a guy who was in his wedding.

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting period. No matter who the other side is.