SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

This is an interesting development. It doesn't surprise me that he'll visit FSU though.

i cant really understand this... fl state defense i don't know much about but the guy whose recruiting used to be the coach of the team we just smoked.... ND?? brah there defense was/is a joke, michigan state f%&k that......

just seems NU is the best option... but alas as we've said if he doesnt want to come here... then well i wish him well...

i bet in a few more years (maybe even in one) nebraska will have that 'it' glamor factor that lures a lot of the top guys to a program.......

I think Cooper really just likes Stoops as a person, more so than it being about the team. Which is why some recruiters have a way with bonding with prospects that makes it hard to turn down regardless how great or terrible the team may be. I think this is the case with Cooper.

Either way, I wish the kid luck in his decision. I'm confident in the current crop of recruits that we have. Coach Pelini knows how to coach his kids up regardless of star ratings. O'Hanlon is a testament to that. This is why I say let Pelini add the stars to them. That's his job.

:yeah Think John Papuchis.

Gentlemen, I am pretty sure that Bo and Co will try to get another in home visit with the young man. I think Bo already went on one for Cooper, but that doesn't mean that Sanders and Carl can't go again. The staff is planning on traveling a lot anyway in the last couple of weeks, Owa, so I would be there are some plans to try and solidify Cooper as well. They are "holding" a spot for this young after all, I don't think the Staff is going to give up on him. If he doesn't come to NU then I wish him luck, but I think I will feel comfortable that this staff did what they could to get him N.

Well, I think sometimes as fans we look at it very differently. For instance, say you are very very smart, you probably look at Harvard for college, because its a big name school. Even though, there might be colleges that have better teachers in your major.

FSU might carry more clout for Cooper then NU does, same goes for ND.

It is a very individual choice for most of these kids, if you think its tough as a fan, think how hard it is for them when they dont have a childhood favorite team. They probably sit there racking their brains trying to figure out the best place for them.

Well, I think sometimes as fans we look at it very differently. For instance, say you are very very smart, you probably look at Harvard for college, because its a big name school. Even though, there might be colleges that have better teachers in your major.

It is a very individual choice for most of these kids, if you think its tough as a fan, think how hard it is for them when they dont have a childhood favorite team. They probably sit there racking their brains trying to figure out the best place for them.

well whatever happens like i've said i wish him well but with that being said be beter come to Nebraska! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

well whatever happens like i've said i wish him well but with that being said be beter come to Nebraska! :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Here is a thought, maybe he is looking for a place that doesn't have a great defense or other great players, so he can get on the field sooner. Just a thought.

I agree that he's gone. But I'm still thinking we can get Owa with a late press. However, I wouldn't mind if we picked up an athlete for Cooper's scholly position- would much rather have a player who would run through walls but be an inch shorter than one who doesn't want to work or buy into the program 100%.