chamrocck

SIGNED S Corey Cooper

The line our coaches need to be using on him is "Do you really want to take a chance on a program that is rebuilding with an unproven coach?" What happens if Jimbo doesnt work out at FSU? It could be like another Callahan debacle where at the end of it every party invovled is so frustraited that some of the kids and coaches ponder giving up football totally.

Also could say the coach that is recruiting you has the reputation to jump ships whenever something good pops up so do you really want to take the chance of him leaving before your time is done and be stuck in a bad situation?

The line our coaches need to be using on him is "Do you really want to take a chance on a program that is rebuilding with an unproven coach?" What happens if Jimbo doesnt work out at FSU? It could be like another Callahan debacle where at the end of it every party invovled is so frustraited that some of the kids and coaches ponder giving up football totally.

Also could say the coach that is recruiting you has the reputation to jump ships whenever something good pops up so do you really want to take the chance of him leaving before your time is done and be stuck in a bad situation?

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting against a guy who was in his wedding.

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting against a guy who was in his wedding.

I'm pretty sure Bo wouldn't try this style of recruiting period. No matter who the other side is.

Not to mention that bad mouthing another coach that the recruit obviously likes isn't going to score any points. It's just gonna make you look like a jerk

Why? You arent attacking anyone really. I didnt say that you throw Mark Stoops under the bus. It is all about the stability of FSU and Jimbo is unproven.

Why? You arent attacking anyone really. I didnt say that you throw Mark Stoops under the bus. It is all about the stability of FSU and Jimbo is unproven.

I could be wrong, but I don't think most are taking exception to what you proposed. I think most are against what Redout proposed, right, wrong, or indifferent. Anyway, I think Bo and Co need to get 1 more in-home with Cooper.

I could be wrong, but I don't think most are taking exception to what you proposed. I think most are against what Redout proposed, right, wrong, or indifferent. Anyway, I think Bo and Co need to get 1 more in-home with Cooper.

Okay. Wasnt sure myself.

Okay. Wasnt sure myself.

i thought we didnt have one more in-home for this kid........ :dunno

"Touted safety Corey Cooper of Proviso East (Maywood, Ill.), once a soft commitment to Illinois, has revised his Class of 2010 recruiting list. He is now considering Arizona, Florida State, the Illini, Michigan State, Nebraska and Notre Dame. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Cooper also holds offers from Missouri, Boston College, Vanderbilt, Purdue, Northwestern, Stanford, Minnesota and Tennessee, among others."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=87&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d87%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010

I was just looking at it as a way to help us. Not attacking Stoops who I am sure is a good person :dunno

new teaser on rivals about his visit at florida st. anyone have any info???

:snacks:

Just talks about how he's looking forward to his FSU visit, which he says will be his final visit. Says he'll think about everything one last time after his visit before making his decision, but doesn't give any specific timetable. Says he's been researching FSU online and knows about how big football is in the ACC and how FSU has a new coaching staff. Says he looks forward to finding out more about FSU's academics and that he wants to see if he gets along well with the coaches and players and if he can get a good degree there.

I think the one glimmer of hope I have on Cooper as a Husker fan is that FSU isn't exactly known for their prestigious academics. Hopefully that turns Cooper away from the Seminoles. But I fully expect him to commit to FSU soon after his visit. No inside info here; just my opinion.

new teaser on rivals about his visit at florida st. anyone have any info???

:snacks:

Just talks about how he's looking forward to his FSU visit, which he says will be his final visit. Says he'll think about everything one last time after his visit before making his decision, but doesn't give any specific timetable. Says he's been researching FSU online and knows about how big football is in the ACC and how FSU has a new coaching staff. Says he looks forward to finding out more about FSU's academics and that he wants to see if he gets along well with the coaches and players and if he can get a good degree there.

I think the one glimmer of hope I have on Cooper as a Husker fan is that FSU isn't exactly known for their prestigious academics. Hopefully that turns Cooper away from the Seminoles. But I fully expect him to commit to FSU soon after his visit. No inside info here; just my opinion.

I sure hope not.

Cooper would look great in red. I wonder if he thinks he can actually thrive in Florida..Maybe with Bobby heading out he thinks they will be a force to reckon with now.. not sure.

The people that normally know on these types of situations are completely torn on this kid. There are husker fans that swear he will be a husker, and husker fans that swear he will be a Seminole.

I honestly felt a lot better about it a few weeks ago when Pete Carroll was at USC, etc. But it is safe to say that he will either be a husker or a seminole next year.

The more I read about Cooper, Owa and Carnes, the more I begin to think we might actually miss on all three of these guys. Guess that's why we're stringing Marsh along a bit longer. I actually think Owa is our best bet right now on these three, which would've sounded absurd a few weeks ago.

I am more on Godfrey, but to lose on both coops and Owa would suck. I hope to god that Owa signs soon and then maybe calls cooper up and says "Lets bring a Nat champ to NU, together!"

From your lips to God's ears, brother!

To be honest the more I hear on Owa the more I like our chances.

I agree. I believe that we'll land Owa and Carnes......I really do

I agree. I believe that we'll land Owa and Carnes......I really do

Carnes will stay at USF.. i am pretty certain about this.

Even after his in home visit with Bo later this week.

See, Carnes seems to have done it the right way, he bought into the school not just the coach. That is what recruits need to remember, coaches come and go.

On a side note, I hope the staff shows Owa and his family the video of Suh accepting the Outland Trophy, that was a great speech!

Honestly, the more the corey cooper decision drags on, I get the opposite feeling. The kid just feels like he will not end up N. One would think if he really wanted to be a part of the special thing we have going here, he would've made up his mind by now. I'd rather have a kid have NU be his "dream school" as opposed to his "best option."

Honestly, the more the corey cooper decision drags on, I get the opposite feeling. The kid just feels like he will not end up N. One would think if he really wanted to be a part of the special thing we have going here, he would've made up his mind by now. I'd rather have a kid have NU be his "dream school" as opposed to his "best option."

I know what you mean but if you were just waiting for kids who felt NU was their dream school then the NU would be hurting!

I know what you mean but if you were just waiting for kids who felt NU was their dream school then the NU would be hurting!

Exactly. Does Florida or USC take this stance with recruits? No. And they have the fortune of residing in a state with an amazing recruiting base. The sad reality is Nebraska has to go out of state for almost all of their recruits. It's impossible to expect out-of-state recruits to have the same passion for DONU as in-state kids.

HI just put a teaser clip about Cooper's status. Did anyone hear anything new in regards to Cooper's intention???

OMG! Someone please clue us in to the info! HI's teaser is going to make it hard for me to sleep tonight. They are hinting that Cooper is rethinking visiting FSU. Is this really the case???

Wake Nexus's @$$ up!!!

:laughpound:yeah

:LOLtartar

Coop is getting tired of the whole process. He may not take that last visit...

Obviously FSU will really put the pressure on to get him to come check it out, but if marvin's in home visit goes really well this week... :koolaid2:

Wake Nexus's @$$ up!!!

:laughpound:yeah

:LOLtartar

Coop is getting tired of the whole process. He may not take that last visit...

Obviously FSU will really put the pressure on to get him to come check it out, but if marvin's in home visit goes really well this week... :koolaid2:

Go get him, Marvin!! :bonez

Here I come to save the day....

It just said that Cooper has changed his mind about visiting FSU. Coach Sanders is visiting him at his school tomorrow. Rumor has it that NU is his 1st choice with ND a close 2nd. Also said that he might not wait till signing day to announce. It could come anytime soon.

It just said that Cooper has changed his mind about visiting FSU. Coach Sanders is visiting him at his school tomorrow. Rumor has it that NU is his 1st choice with ND a close 2nd. Also said that he might not wait till signing day to announce. It could come anytime soon.

pretty big announcement, isn't it? :)

Thanks Nexus!

I'm really impressed with what the coaching staff has been able to accomplish in the last month. Putting us in the lead to sign two very good football players is no small task.

This recruiting stuff is so stressful, but oh so worth it. Now we can go back to talk of getting both Owa and Cooper.

Thanks Nexus!

Nice, it was reported a couple weeks ago he was a lock and then he keep putting it off.

Thanks for the commitment. Rivals/oregon board in the casanova room has info on OWA. not sure what that means.

Just found out that he could announce in a week or sooner. He has no set date in mind. He just wants to get it over with.

He hasn't completely ruled out a Florida St visit, he's not sure. Seems like a really tough choice from him, wonder if distance is playing a role that he just isn't letting on?

I would say it's currently 35% Arizona, 35% Nebraska, 15% Illinois, 15% FSU and the small chance of ND.

Even if he does not trip to FSU before signing day I wouldn't rule them out, he knows Stoops pretty well from when he was recruiting him to AZ.

He hasn't completely ruled out a Florida St visit, he's not sure. Seems like a really tough choice from him, wonder if distance is playing a role that he just isn't letting on?

I would say it's currently 35% Arizona, 35% Nebraska, 15% Illinois, 15% FSU and the small chance of ND.

Even if he does not trip to FSU before signing day I wouldn't rule them out, he knows Stoops pretty well from when he was recruiting him to AZ.

Pretty sure AZ is out of the equation now that Stoops is at FSU - I have been wrong once before, though.

Even as a bleeding heart Husker, I think you can objectively say that Nebraska is the safer and better pick here. Your family gets to see you play in a nearby state, and you don't have to enter a program undergoing a coaching change and all the baggage that comes with that.

Pretty sure AZ is out of the equation now that Stoops is at FSU - I have been wrong once before, though.

arizona is waaaay out of things.....

this story is like some rock and roll heroine junkie.... lots of ups and down and just when we thing the whole thing is DOA Cooper brings us all back one more time for some righteous chops

i personally thought we had lost as a lot of poeple saying he was gone... but now its like OWa we refuse to lose!!!!

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Mike Stoops (AZ head coach) is still heavily involved in Cooper's recruitment, and has done an in-home with him. I still think Cooper waits until signing day, he says he does not have a leader at this point.