SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

HI reported that we sent every member of the defensive staff besides one. Sounds like he is the top priority for this class regardless of position. I don't have an account but I don't recall any other player getting the house thrown at them.

It sounded like an amazing sales pitch according to the Rivals report. Cooper said how NU is the only school that sent so many coaches and that really stood out to him. He said his favorite part was hearing about all of the amazing safeties that Bo has coached up in his career. He said that they told him he could be part of something special that they're building at NU and he could come in and help right away. He also said that his parents were there for the in-home visit and both really liked the coaches and felt that they could trust them.

He said that he's still planning on visiting Notre Dame, maybe this weekend. He still lists all four schools "pretty much even" at this point, though recruits almost always say that until the end. It sounded like a phenomenal in-home visit, but I think Notre Dame could be a real wild card here, especially considering he still has to visit South Bend. At least it won't be for a game day weekend experience. He'll just have to use his imagination.

Thanks for the recap. If you're a defensive player,with the defensive coaches that Nebraska has, why in the world wouldn't you want to come to Nebraska?

Especially as a safety. I mean it's pretty damn impressive even if you only look at what he's done in the last two years, turning a converted LB (Asante) into a first-team All-Big 12 player and an afterthought walk-on (O'Hanlon) into a very solid player. Just think what he will do with more talented guys like P.J. Smith, etc. and potential recruits like Cooper!

HI reported that we sent every member of the defensive staff besides one. Sounds like he is the top priority for this class regardless of position. I don't have an account but I don't recall any other player getting the house thrown at them.

It sounded like an amazing sales pitch according to the Rivals report. Cooper said how NU is the only school that sent so many coaches and that really stood out to him. He said his favorite part was hearing about all of the amazing safeties that Bo has coached up in his career. He said that they told him he could be part of something special that they're building at NU and he could come in and help right away. He also said that his parents were there for the in-home visit and both really liked the coaches and felt that they could trust them.

He said that he's still planning on visiting Notre Dame, maybe this weekend. He still lists all four schools "pretty much even" at this point, though recruits almost always say that until the end. It sounded like a phenomenal in-home visit, but I think Notre Dame could be a real wild card here, especially considering he still has to visit South Bend. At least it won't be for a game day weekend experience. He'll just have to use his imagination.

Thanks for the recap. If you're a defensive player,with the defensive coaches that Nebraska has, why in the world wouldn't you want to come to Nebraska?

Especially as a safety. I mean it's pretty damn impressive even if you only look at what he's done in the last two years, turning a converted LB (Asante) into a first-team All-Big 12 player and an afterthought walk-on (O'Hanlon) into a very solid player. Just think what he will do with more talented guys like P.J. Smith, etc. and potential recruits like Cooper!

Don't forget what he did with the Bullock brothers in 2003 at NU either. He also had some really good Safeties at LSU. It is almost the calling card of a Bo Pelini defense to have Excellent Safety play.

thats cuz he played safety at THE ohio state university!

I'm telling you, Bo Pelini knows D and he knows how to get kids pumped up about it. Seriously, look at how much O Hanlon improved from last year to this year. He had a lot of blown assignments and was out of position quite a bit. This year he is tied for 1st on the team for interceptions and was also huge for us in the bowl game last year.

If a recruit has the physical tools and athleticism required to play safety, Bo will improve his game ten-fold.

Don't forget what he did with the Bullock brothers in 2003 at NU either. He also had some really good Safeties at LSU. It is almost the calling card of a Bo Pelini defense to have Excellent Safety play.

It's well known what Bo has done with all of those guys, but I'm saying it's even more impressive what he's done with guys that nobody thought were going to be excellent safeties. That's why I think even if you only look at the last two years it's still extremely impressive what Bo has done with the safeties. Of course, Sanders gets a ton of the credit too.

Any new news on this guy? I am really hoping that he ends up being N.

No word on him yet. The Notre Dame boards have been quiet about it as well. Havnt heard too much lately.

But if it makes you feel better we have a great great chance at him. I never like to say kids are a "lock" because even the experts get those wrong. There has been no mention of him at all on the Notre Dame boards. Although he is an Illinois soft verbal, I think that it is between us and ND.