SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

I would be very surprized if he doesnt end up in a husker uniform.

Really? cause he's STILL a soft commit to Illionois dispite visting us and all the turmoil going on with that program. seems pretty committed to illionois for some reason :dunno

Look. Do the math.

Official visit-OU game. Loved it. We jumped into the picture with him.

Illini-Fired a lot of defensive coaches. Were a flat out piss poor football team in every aspect.

In-Home visit-WE SENT THE HOUSE. All but one member of our defensive staff went to his house and he loved hosting them. HE said that he loved listening to Bo talk about how many great safties he has coached over the years.

His parents were VERY impressed with our coaching staff and said that they trusted them with their son.

Zona was in his final four. Everyone knows how that turned out.

Said he would visit with Coach Kelly of ND before making his decision. Kelly is an offensive coach and will ultimately hire an unproven DC IMO.

With all this stuff taken into account I would be very surprized if he doesnt pull the trigger and say he is a Husker.

About his so-called "committment" to Illinois... There are plenty of examples of rivals being wrong in what they put up on a kid's rivals page. Dont take that as Gospel. See it more as "The Book of Mormon." :sarcasm

Really? cause he's STILL a soft commit to Illionois dispite visting us and all the turmoil going on with that program. seems pretty committed to illionois for some reason :dunno

Look. Do the math.

Illini-Fired a lot of defensive coaches. Were a flat out piss poor football team in every aspect.

In-Home visit-WE SENT THE HOUSE. All but one member of our defensive staff went to his house and he loved hosting them. HE said that he loved listening to Bo talk about how many great safties he has coached over the years.

His parents were VERY impressed with our coaching staff and said that they trusted them with their son.

Said he would visit with Coach Kelly of ND before making his decision. Kelly is an offensive coach and will ultimately hire an unproven DC IMO.

With all this stuff taken into account I would be very surprized if he doesnt pull the trigger and say he is a Husker.

About his so-called "committment" to Illinois... There are plenty of examples of rivals being wrong in what they put up on a kid's rivals page. Dont take that as Gospel. See it more as "The Book of Mormon." :sarcasm

EZ-E

I agree with your assessment. IL is a mess, not a good team right now. ND has a horrid defense!!!! They are 3 years away from Kelly's commits making a contribution. Who knows if he even will recruit well on the D side of things. Kelly is a O coach and tries to score points to win games. UA was a high school team compared to us. Of the 4 we must stand out BIG TIME!!!

We are close on this guy. I think he puts a stamp on our 2009 class. We need one WR (Kenny Bell) and one QB (Kain Colter) to make this class complete.

Thoughts!!!

Look. Do the math.

EZ-E

I agree with your assessment. IL is a mess, not a good team right now. ND has a horrid defense!!!! They are 3 years away from Kelly's commits making a contribution. Who knows if he even will recruit well on the D side of things. Kelly is a O coach and tries to score points to win games. UA was a high school team compared to us. Of the 4 we must stand out BIG TIME!!!

We are close on this guy. I think he puts a stamp on our 2009 class. We need one WR (Kenny Bell) and one QB (Kain Colter) to make this class complete.

Thoughts!!!

i'm mostly concerned about ND. all of the logic in the world can't overcome the way kids seem to be mesmerized by those gold helmets (not to mention the NBC contract).

I think we're in the lead for him but I will still be pleasantly surprised if we land this guy. Notre Dame is an attractive offer. As for the "soft" commitment to Illinois, soft commits always go somewhere else. It might as well mean he's going anywhere but Illinois, at least as far as I've seen.

I think we're in the lead for him but I will still be pleasantly surprised if we land this guy. Notre Dame is an attractive offer. As for the "soft" commitment to Illinois, soft commits always go somewhere else. It might as well mean he's going anywhere but Illinois, at least as far as I've seen.

Yep, heck Jay Guy was a soft commit to Cal and everyone knew he wouldn't stick with it. Once a recruit goes to a soft commit status, it seems they never stick with that school. Not sure why they do it other than having a security blanket.