SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

I think we're in the lead for him but I will still be pleasantly surprised if we land this guy. Notre Dame is an attractive offer. As for the "soft" commitment to Illinois, soft commits always go somewhere else. It might as well mean he's going anywhere but Illinois, at least as far as I've seen.

Yep, heck Jay Guy was a soft commit to Cal and everyone knew he wouldn't stick with it. Once a recruit goes to a soft commit status, it seems they never stick with that school. Not sure why they do it other than having a security blanket.

the ol 'soft committ' i believe is the kiss of death for any program.........

cooper will land somewhere else.. whether he or somewhere else......

i just think he is gone as fast a cheeta fart

Well on Scout he says Nebraska is saving a spot for him, and he talks to Larry Asante and PJ Smith once a week, but probably won't decide until near signing day.

I saw that as well. With that said he very well could be a silent commit at this point. I cant imagine Bo Pelini and company "saving a spot" for a MAYBE. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Well on Scout he says Nebraska is saving a spot for him, and he talks to Larry Asante and PJ Smith once a week, but probably won't decide until near signing day.

I saw that as well. With that said he very well could be a silent commit at this point. I cant imagine Bo Pelini and company "saving a spot" for a MAYBE. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

So why do you guys think he's waiting? I can't imagine he's waiting for any other offers at this point. EZ-E suggested that perhaps he's a silent commit. I sure hope so! Either that or he really is having a hard time making up his mind.

So why do you guys think he's waiting? I can't imagine he's waiting for any other offers at this point. EZ-E suggested that perhaps he's a silent commit. I sure hope so! Either that or he really is having a hard time making up his mind.

Could be that he wants to do the signing day TV thing.

Just a conclusion on that Husker Bruin. :) Dont want people to jump down my throat like in a different thread. :)

Just a conclusion on that Husker Bruin. :) Dont want people to jump down my throat like in a different thread. :)

It is getting late in the game. I honestly don't know why he is waiting. Maybe we have an extra scolly we can pull out of a hat, if not, 2 are left with a lot of names on our board.

Owa

Carnes

Colter

Bell

Smitek

Some of these guys will be shut out. Thank god, baby Gabbert gave up his!!!!!

Cotton and Evans might be asked to Greyshirt as well. That would open up two spots.

I mentioned this in the Simek says we have 3 spots thread, but does that mean on top of the scholarship they are holding for Cooper? If so that changes things drastically.

I would say 70% chance he is in Red. The only reason it is so low is cause he is still comitted to Illinois, so he must love something about them(no idea what they are slowly becoming the crap of the Big ten)

Kids that grow up in Illinois usually dream of playing in the Big 10. I remember my school's star running back when I was a senior was supposed to have offers from every Big 10 school by the time his season was done (ended up playing fullback at Illinois State, but he was a darn good fullback), but that didn't happen obviously. My guess is it's that this kid heard nothing but Big 10/Notre Dame while he was growing up and still is somewhat leaning in that direction.

I would say 70% chance he is in Red. The only reason it is so low is cause he is still comitted to Illinois, so he must love something about them(no idea what they are slowly becoming the crap of the Big ten)

Kids that grow up in Illinois usually dream of playing in the Big 10. I remember my school's star running back when I was a senior was supposed to have offers from every Big 10 school by the time his season was done (ended up playing fullback at Illinois State, but he was a darn good fullback), but that didn't happen obviously. My guess is it's that this kid heard nothing but Big 10/Notre Dame while he was growing up and still is somewhat leaning in that direction.

I grew up in the big ten aswell(Minnesota Golden Gopher) I thought the Big Ten was prime time, till i visited Nebraska and saw what the Big 12 is all about. If it is atmosphere Cooper wants, he should pick NU.