SIGNED S Corey Cooper

chamrocck

Illinois had a huge shakeup today, the offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach, receivers coach and special teams coach were all let go. The co-defensive coordinators were both demoted to position coaches, they are looking for a new defensive coordinator now.

One of the co-defensive coordinators, Dan Disch was Corey's recruiter. He kept a job, but will only be the linebackers coach.

Wonder what this means with Corey coming in this weekend and Illinois no longer having a defensive coordinator?

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3069

Illinois had a huge shakeup today, the offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach, receivers coach and special teams coach were all let go. The co-defensive coordinators were both demoted to position coaches, they are looking for a new defensive coordinator now.

One of the co-defensive coordinators, Dan Disch was Corey's recruiter. He kept a job, but will only be the linebackers coach.

Wonder what this means with Corey coming in this weekend and Illinois no longer having a defensive coordinator?

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3069

Interesting...kinda makes you wonder if Zook did this to keep his job (obvious - i guess).

as far as usc.....not too worried about them. maybe i should be but i see this coming down to AZ and NU.

Proviso East defensive back Corey Cooper still interested in Illinois

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Illinois football is in unstable mode, coach Ron Zook is keeping that out of the recruiting pitch.

Proviso East defensive back Corey Cooper visited Illinois over the weekend along with some other recruits and said the recent firing of four assistant coaches and a 3-9 season haven't deterred him from possibly attending Illinois.

"I'm not letting that be part of my thoughts," said Cooper, who was mainly recruited by Dan Disch, who remained on staff but will be a position coach instead of co-defensive coordinator. "[Zook] said he'd be there a lot longer than I will."

Cooper, a 6-foot-2 four-star recruit, already orally committed to Illinois. He has visited and is also considering Notre Dame, Nebraska and Arizona.

Cooper said he spoke to Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly since he was hired earlier this week.

"He seems cool," Cooper said.

He plans to visit South Bend to meet with Kelly before making a final decision on a team possibly in January.

Cooper will play in the offense/defense All-Star Game in South Carolina in early January.

Landing Cooper will be important to the Illini, who were jolted by 6-7, 240-pound tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz, a four-star recruit out of Johnsburg. He had originally committed to Illinois but opted instead for Iowa.

According to recruiting Web sites, Illinois currently has just eight oral commitments.

Wow, I had no idea Illinois had only 8 commits. And people b*%$# and moan about our class. I almost feel bad about (hopefully) taking Cooper away. Wish we could steal him from a USC or a Texas.

Wish we could steal him from a USC or a Texas.

Dont see either being a player in his recruitment at this point.

The good thing about him and ND is that he has no relationship with anyone on Kelly's staff.

This kid would be stupid not to go and play for Bo and Marvin Sanders. They could make him an absolute animal.

Proviso East defensive back Corey Cooper still interested in Illinois

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Illinois football is in unstable mode, coach Ron Zook is keeping that out of the recruiting pitch.

Proviso East defensive back Corey Cooper visited Illinois over the weekend along with some other recruits and said the recent firing of four assistant coaches and a 3-9 season haven't deterred him from possibly attending Illinois.

"I'm not letting that be part of my thoughts," said Cooper, who was mainly recruited by Dan Disch, who remained on staff but will be a position coach instead of co-defensive coordinator. "[Zook] said he'd be there a lot longer than I will."

Cooper, a 6-foot-2 four-star recruit, already orally committed to Illinois. He has visited and is also considering Notre Dame, Nebraska and Arizona.

Cooper said he spoke to Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly since he was hired earlier this week.

"He seems cool," Cooper said.

He plans to visit South Bend to meet with Kelly before making a final decision on a team possibly in January.

Cooper will play in the offense/defense All-Star Game in South Carolina in early January.

Landing Cooper will be important to the Illini, who were jolted by 6-7, 240-pound tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz, a four-star recruit out of Johnsburg. He had originally committed to Illinois but opted instead for Iowa.

According to recruiting Web sites, Illinois currently has just eight oral commitments.

Wow, I had no idea Illinois had only 8 commits. And people b*%$# and moan about our class. I almost feel bad about (hopefully) taking Cooper away. Wish we could steal him from a USC or a Texas.

With all the drama at UI and all the coaches being switched, it bodes well for us.

It is well documented that Brian Kelly got a huge pay day but he is going to have a hard time righting that ship. No offense with QB and best WR going pro. The team has no D right now and will take 1 to 2 to 3 classes to make them OK on D.

UA is losing a coach to FSU. Not sure if he is the head coach but he has to be a defensive coach.

Of the 4 teams, 3 of the 4 have serious issues.

This bodes well for us. Let's get another 4 star recruit on D.

Schuhbdoo

Im worrying most about ND here. For some reason a lot of kids don't really have a rhyme or reason for committing to them, it just kinda draws them in. Weis has had three horrible seasons in a row and they still seemed to pull in outstanding classes amid numerous rumors that weis is getting fired.

Can anyone see what Scout says about his timeframe?

Teaser says he talks about his list and has an in-home with Bo set up and has a timeframe now.

The fact that Stoops left AZ should leave them out, and ND seems to be late to the party, but you never know with them. And the Zooker is in trouble. Hopefully his timeframe is quick, and we are the team to beat.

Bo needs to seal this kid up.