POSTGAME reaction

epocSoN

No freakouts please... What are your reactions to this win?

1. Still think Green is a good starter?

2. Watson... improved or not?

3. Receivers improved?

4. O-line, better or worse?

1. Yes

2. In the first half, 2nd half was horrible

3. Yes, I thought they did okay. Cooper's drop was the only one I recall, and he took a shot on that.

4. Worse than last week, I don't think they had a good 2nd half, the 1st half wasn't bad.

Well most of us got our wish, a Cody Green start. To be honest, Cody Green starting did not seem to matter. I believe Lee could have started and we would have had the same outcome. That is a very sad thought to ponder. If there is one thing we learn from this game it is that the offense is Watson's fault. His play calling is sh#t. I about freaked when I saw us run that option play at the end of the game with two inexperienced backs in the game. The O-line does not have a mean streak and we couldn't gain 1 yard when we needed it repeatedly. By the way is Robinson hurt? As for the defense, they once again won this game for us. I firmly believe that when Crick is a senior he will be just as if not more dominate than Suh. I know Suh was double teamed all game but still 5 sacks is impressive. I am fearful for next week.

3. Receivers improved?

1. Green seems much more confident and able to make better desicions, and if Watson insists on running the zone read, Green needs to be in.

2. No

3. No

4. Well, we got stopped at the line a lot by Baylor. So...

Why, on god's green earth were we running an option play with less than 2 minutes to play on our own 30 yd line??? Does Watson not know that the option ( ran by a non option team) has one of the highest % of turn overs. Why take the chance of turning it over and giving BU possession on their own 30?

Unbelieveable............ :hellloooo

3. Receivers improved?

1, Green is not ready to be the starter, he was no threat to complete anything but screens as swing passes in the second half and Watson knows it.

2. Needs to learn to run out of other formation other than shotgun. Options from the gun with the back getting the ball 6 yds behind the line of scrimmage are not going to work with our talent level.

3. Fewer drops, but still no explosion.

4. May be the reason for the struggles since VT.

3. Receivers improved?

Green really ads that 2nd dimension, But I was not impressed with his throws AT ALL. But I say at this point we stick with him.

Watson on the sideline was for sure better I think, He COULD* really coach the players and interact with how things were supposed to go, but as far as the play calling, I thought we got into more run formations but then ran stupid behind the line passes or predicatable bubble screens. This needs to Stop, we need to use the run to set up these plays not vice versa.

Receivers caught what I thought they should, Cody threw the ball a little high at times.

O-line has been garbage the last 3 years, and next week will really show.