POSTGAME reaction

epocSoN

1. Still think Green is a good starter?

2. Watson... improved or not?

3. Receivers improved?

4. O-line, better or worse?

Green really ads that 2nd dimension, But I was not impressed with his throws AT ALL. But I say at this point we stick with him.

Watson on the sideline was for sure better I think, He COULD* really coach the players and interact with how things were supposed to go, but as far as the play calling, I thought we got into more run formations but then ran stupid behind the line passes or predicatable bubble screens. This needs to Stop, we need to use the run to set up these plays not vice versa.

Receivers caught what I thought they should, Cody threw the ball a little high at times.

O-line has been garbage the last 3 years, and next week will really show.

Green adds a different dimension not a 2nd one. He can't throw the ball well enough consistently to be two dimensional yet. He is a running qb that the way he threw the ball today we should go back to running the option. At this point, Green is no threat to throw the ball and OU will feast on that this week. I didn't think it was possible, but our offense was even more vanilla this week.

Green played ok for his first start

ou will kill us next week,

if this o doesnt go back to power i game were screwed.

the playcalling was horrible once again.

the o line coach needs to get his rear end chewed

paul played pretty good but outside of him the wr are horrible.

option out of the gun is stupidest play call ever.

BP reactin is typical. :angry: towards the media

Who cares did you watch the game......the playcalling was horrible and when our running game was clicking Watson dumps that to go to the pass? We couldn't get a first down when it was 2-1 and 3-1...pathetic.

We are going to get SMASHED come next saturday agaisnt OU

Well, I'd like to see what Watson would do with a consistent O-line. In all honesty, it doesn't matter if you're the best play caller in the world, if your O-line can't be counted on, you're pretty much sh#t out of luck. At times I almost feel like Watson is trying to find plays that the O-line can be counted on to perform correctly.

You can only do so much on offense when you have a OLine that can't block anybody. Barney Cotton is the problem, has been the problem and will continue to be the problem.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

all other discussions are simply moving deck chairs around on the Titanic.

Uninspired. Green did okay for a freshman. Helu is a shadow of his former self. No superstars on offense. Oklahoma is going to have its way, not because the defense is bad but because our defense will be on the field all day. Plus we don't have the speed on defense to keep up with the Sooner passing game.

In the first half I was thinking Baylor should not even be in the Big 12 conference. Empty seats in the stadium, no offense, no history of winning, etc etc. But Bo nearly got outcoached today. Baylor had more imaginative plays on offense and was able to keep Suh out of most plays.

I just hate to think what will happen next week.

Uninspired. Green did okay for a freshman. Helu is a shadow of his former self. No superstars on offense. Oklahoma is going to have its way, not because the defense is bad but because our defense will be on the field all day. Plus we don't have the speed on defense to keep up with the Sooner passing game.

In the first half I was thinking Baylor should not even be in the Big 12 conference. Empty seats in the stadium, no offense, no history of winning, etc etc. But Bo nearly got outcoached today. Baylor had more imaginative plays on offense and was able to keep Suh out of most plays.

I just hate to think what will happen next week.

5 tackles, 3 for loss and a sack is taking Suh out?

Our starting DT's combined for 18 tackles, 10 for loss, 6 sacks, 1 pass break up and a fumble recovery.

3. Receivers improved?

Green really ads that 2nd dimension, But I was not impressed with his throws AT ALL. But I say at this point we stick with him.

Watson on the sideline was for sure better I think, He COULD* really coach the players and interact with how things were supposed to go, but as far as the play calling, I thought we got into more run formations but then ran stupid behind the line passes or predicatable bubble screens. This needs to Stop, we need to use the run to set up these plays not vice versa.

Receivers caught what I thought they should, Cody threw the ball a little high at times.

O-line has been garbage the last 3 years, and next week will really show.

I agree. Actually for the last six years.

Until we recruit and develop road graders, we'll never dominate the los.

No freakouts please... What are your reactions to this win?

3. Receivers improved?

1. Yes. He looked a lot like Lee but the upside is way bigger and we already burned his red shirt.

2. I like that he was on the sideline. I'm not as down on Wats as many. I am confused why we run so much Zone read with Lee but not nearly as many with Green.

3. Improved. Holt and Gillelyn were suck!! Kinnie and Cooper weren't spectacular but I feel like they can get better.

4. Awful!!!!!!!!!! Our O-line is the worst thing I have seen. This is also why I don't think Wats is the real problem. I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him go but until we can run for a 1st down on 2nd and 1 we will have problems.

I wonder if Bo asked Wats to come to the sideline so he could put some heat on him. Standing next to pissed off Bo has to be different than hiding in the booth.

Once again officiating was baffling and bad. 2 15 yard penalties that weren't. And one of those pitches on the last punt was forward.

Dennard getting hurt was a killer too. Anthony West is still playing Cosgrove defense.

Minus the special teams scoring on a block punt, its 13-10. :hmmph

There really isnt a running game threat, there really isnt a passing game threat either. Just a lot of flat football regardless if its executed or not.

There were no points left out on the field.

The pick six was always in the back of my mind and it happened sure enough.

If I went the rest of my life without seeing a bubble screen or throwing sideline to sideline instead of downfield, the Husker world would be a better place.

Having said that, right now I'm just glad the Huskers were good enough to win.. against Baylor