Suh Incident

Enhance

is a .035 illegal and i dont see a axel arth

No, I believe it is .08. Maybe he doesn't own the car?

So wait, anybody who is familiar with drinking laws, is he ok as far as the drinking aspect is concerned? .035 is below .08. He's gotta be good in that aspect.

He will not receive a dui.. however still a possibility of a reckless driving citation.

As far as suspensions go I would presume that this will fall to the unity council for violation of team rules.. the one I have heard is that they were not going to drink during the season.. (don't know if its true thats just a rule I have heard) however, it is loosely enforced unless someone ends up in trouble...

An important distinction here is the difference between DUI and DWI . I believe you can get charged with Driving Under the Influence, even if you are under the legal limit. Driving While Intoxicated requires you to be over the legal limit.

OK. You can not be charged with a DUI if in fact you are under the legal limit of .08. But you can be charged with a zero tolerance infraction which means the subject's BAC exceeds .02 but is under .08. Reason for the .02 is to allow for machine malfunction of other things such as mouth wash and what not

Alcohol was a factor, yes, but being that it is was less than half the legal limit I'm not sure what the police can/will do about it. I doubt anything. If he was cooperative and wasn't a bumbling idiot, I'm sure nothing more than the citation, damage to his car, and damage to the other cars will be what he has to worry about.

Maybe the police will be a little biased towards him considering his position and potential. :dunno

is a .035 illegal and i dont see a axel arth

No, I believe it is .08. Maybe he doesn't own the car?

So wait, anybody who is familiar with drinking laws, is he ok as far as the drinking aspect is concerned? .035 is below .08. He's gotta be good in that aspect.

He will not receive a dui.. however still a possibility of a reckless driving citation.

As far as suspensions go I would presume that this will fall to the unity council for violation of team rules.. the one I have heard is that they were not going to drink during the season.. (don't know if its true thats just a rule I have heard) however, it is loosely enforced unless someone ends up in trouble...

An important distinction here is the difference between DUI and DWI . I believe you can get charged with Driving Under the Influence, even if you are under the legal limit. Driving While Intoxicated requires you to be over the legal limit.

OK. You can not be charged with a DUI if in fact you are under the legal limit of .08. But you can be charged with a zero tolerance infraction which means the subject's BAC exceeds .02 but is under .08. Reason for the .02 is to allow for machine malfunction of other things such as mouth wash and what not

zero tolerance infractions are for minors........

We've surely all been there. Leave a bar late at 0 dark thirty in the am, driving down a residential street, think we see something and careen into cars on both sides of the street. "Alcohol was not involved" seems very plausible. Happens every day. :) Whatever happened, I think Mr. Suh is one lucky young man. I'm guessing that Pelini is less than happy and probably relieved but not buying the story as given.

Hopefully it is a lesson learned.