The '10 Class?

EZ-E

It will be interesting to watch, especially at DE. Tobi and OO are coming in this weekend and then two weeks later for the KSU game respectively. If Tobi really loves NU after his visit and tries to commit do the coaches accept and turn OO away? Will they take both and have potentially 5 DE's in this class, though admittedly Rome most likely is destined for DT. Especially considering that they have what 16-18 slots total to offer and they want 2 more O-linemen, 1-2 WR's, and at least 1 DT I am sure. That puts them up to 15-16 before you add in an CB and DE commits. Oh and also Chase Harper at TE. Boy will this one be tight!

It will be interesting to watch, especially at DE. Tobi and OO are coming in this weekend and then two weeks later for the KSU game respectively. If Tobi really loves NU after his visit and tries to commit do the coaches accept and turn OO away? Will they take both and have potentially 5 DE's in this class, though admittedly Rome most likely is destined for DT. Especially considering that they have what 16-18 slots total to offer and they want 2 more O-linemen, 1-2 WR's, and at least 1 DT I am sure. That puts them up to 15-16 before you add in an CB and DE commits. Oh and also Chase Harper at TE. Boy will this one be tight!

Yeah it will be interesting to see how this shapes up. It's funny how some people were scared we would not get a full class. I'll admit I was one of those people until I found out they were only going to take around 16 kids.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how this shapes up. It's funny how some people were scared we would not get a full class. I'll admit I was one of those people until I found out they were only going to take around 16 kids.

i'm guessing we take closer to 20

I don't think we can take 20. It all depends on how many scholarships are available and we do not want to take scholarships away from 2011 because that could be a great year for nebraska recruiting and we will need all the scholarships we can get. That is assuming we win a couple more games and kids stay interested.

I don't think we can take 20. It all depends on how many scholarships are available and we do not want to take scholarships away from 2011 because that could be a great year for nebraska recruiting and we will need all the scholarships we can get. That is assuming we win a couple more games and kids stay interested.

we appear to have room for 16 at this point, assuming no attrition. however, it's almost guaranteed that there will be attrition of one kind or another. maybe burkes or someone else has to take a medical scholarship, maybe one of the redshirts gets homesick, maybe one of the quarterbacks decides they'd rather not sit behind green for the balance of their career, maybe the coaches suggest someone consider finding playing time with another program, maybe someone gets booted for rule breaking, maybe someone goes pro early.

one way or the other, you can pretty well guarantee that between one and maybe as many as five kids that are now scheduled to be on scholarship next season will not be. and, while i certainly do not favor giving scholarships just because you have them to give, i would not expect that the coaches to hold back scholarships solely because they expect a bigger recruiting haul the following year. they will give them to people they think can contribute to a better team as soon as possible.

(of course, it's also quite possible that they'll give one or two to walk-ons, such as may or thorrell).

we appear to have room for 16 at this point, assuming no attrition. however, it's almost guaranteed that there will be attrition of one kind or another. maybe burkes or someone else has to take a medical scholarship, maybe one of the redshirts gets homesick, maybe one of the quarterbacks decides they'd rather not sit behind green for the balance of their career, maybe the coaches suggest someone consider finding playing time with another program, maybe someone gets booted for rule breaking, maybe someone goes pro early.

one way or the other, you can pretty well guarantee that between one and maybe as many as five kids that are now scheduled to be on scholarship next season will not be. and, while i certainly do not favor giving scholarships just because you have them to give, i would not expect that the coaches to hold back scholarships solely because they expect a bigger recruiting haul the following year. they will give them to people they think can contribute to a better team as soon as possible.

(of course, it's also quite possible that they'll give one or two to walk-ons, such as may or thorrell).

Yep and that is why I think 16-17 is a hard number this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Will we have enough room for every kid that is high on us? Or will we end up turning kids away?

:restore

We prolly shouldn’t oversign by much if we do as well as last year in bringing signed recruits to campus. We didn’t lose too many after February.

Wasn’t there a revised recruiting ranking this summer, taking into account the recruits who made it/didn’t make it to campus? I tried to find it but couldn’t.