Add another one

EZ-E

So has anyone actually seen him play or are the :facepalm: 's just because he's Barney's son?

A better question would be if he were the son of anyone else, would he get this offer?

Lets not get it twisted. This kid had no offers from anyone - not even Wyoming, CSU, Idaho or even Ohio. But we discovered him, in the fall of his senior year and figured out he was B12 caliber? Really?

Kid could walk-on, basically get a free ride (in terms of money spent towards school), and not cost us a scholarship. He was coming here regardless, so why offer?

Yeah, this offer reeks to high hell. I hope the kid succeeds here, but in a small class with desperate offensive line issues, you're telling me that this is the best we can do?

:facepalm:

With all due respect to Jake Cotton . . . I don't like it. It looks to much like he is getting a scholly just because his dad is a coach. We are already DL heavy in this class . . . with a chance at O.O. Prove me wrong kid.

:yeah

Also since his dad is dad is atNebraska wouldn't he get free tuition anyway?

A friend of mine was one of the ref's in his Norfolk game....says he was a dominate force in the game...for whatever that is worth. Could they be looking at him as a DE, not at DL???

Plus, hard to ignore his size.

Sometimes you guys remind me of the Villagers in Frankenstein. Just get on up the hill with the 'forks and torches and get it over with.

Was this Board around when Zach Wiegert got a scholly? I could be wrong but I think his rating was fairly non-existent.

Not that his guy is Zach...but give a guy a chance.

Do any of you intentionally screw up if you have a great job?

A friend of mine was one of the ref's in his Norfolk game....says he was a dominate force in the game...for whatever that is worth. Could they be looking at him as a DE, not at DL???

Sometimes you guys remind me of the Villagers in Frankenstein. Just get on up the hill with the 'forks and torches and get it over with.

Was this Board around when Zach Wiegert got a scholly? I could be wrong but I think his rating was fairly non-existent.

This is a great post!

The kid can play, its that simple.

Why doesnt he have other offers? For gods sake he lives in Lincoln and his dad is the freaking coach for the freaking team, why would any school bother trying to recruit him?

It would be like asking out a nun. Stop ripping on a 17 year old and stop pretending like you are coaches. Its like the poster said, would you intentionally screw up if you have a great job? Nope. So let it go.

Here is the thing. Even is the kid is worthy of an offer, it is better to save the scholarship and have him walk-on, then get an offer down the line. It saves a scholarship in our short class. With him being in-state and the son of a University employee, his school costs would be essentially nothing.

Further, with him having no other offers, it is pointless to give him an offer. For the son of a coach, he was coming here regardless. It's like going into the auction house and bidding against yourself.

Kid could get into school, pay next to nothing for his education and not cost us one of our 85 scholarships.

It's got nothing to do with running around with pitchforks. It has everything to do with common sense.

Here is the thing. Even is the kid is worthy of an offer, it is better to save the scholarship and have him walk-on, then get an offer down the line. It saves a scholarship in our short class. With him being in-state and the son of a University employee, his school costs would be essentially nothing.

Further, with him having no other offers, it is pointless to give him an offer. For the son of a coach, he was coming here regardless. It's like going into the auction house and bidding against yourself.

Kid could get into school, pay next to nothing for his education and not cost us one of our 85 scholarships.

It's got nothing to do with running around with pitchforks. It has everything to do with common sense.

:yeah He gets to go to school free without the scholarship, so why waste it. Since his father works for the institution, he gets to go there for free.

We have a winner! Young man might be a baller not knocking him. Just doesnt make sense.

i dont want to hold anything against the kid but with everything being said i am sure there is someway he could have come on the team had a chance to compete and not have us burn a scholie on him... with that said.. good luck