Add another one

EZ-E

dude, maybe he will be a good player. Its not like some of the lower rated recruits have never stepped up and played like champs. bring him on. lets see what hes got. hes probably been to plenty of games, so he knows what it means to be a husker.

Go find a 0 star recruit that has made it into the NFL. Knowing what it means to be a husker doesnt just make athleticism appear. This is a bust

:facepalm:

Ummmm, every single player in the NFL before about 1994.

ha wow i hope you love having classes with 0 star players!!

Maybe the coaching staff sees something, but knows that Coach Pelini is gonna fire his dad at season's end...he'd need a scholarship then. Maybe its wishful thinking, but I think it would be worth it to get rid of Cotton the coach and use a scholarship on Cotton the kid.

dude, maybe he will be a good player. Its not like some of the lower rated recruits have never stepped up and played like champs. bring him on. lets see what hes got. hes probably been to plenty of games, so he knows what it means to be a husker.

Go find a 0 star recruit that has made it into the NFL. Knowing what it means to be a husker doesnt just make athleticism appear. This is a bust

For the love of Pete, please tell me you are kidding before you get embarrassed. How many stars did Shannon Sharpe have? DO you even know where he came from? I can name a bunch more if you like...Bret Favre...cripes, the NFL, past and present, is littered with guys from small scholls, etc...

For the love of Pete, please tell me you are kidding before you get embarrassed. How many stars did Shannon Sharpe have? DO you even know where he came from? I can name a bunch more if you like...Bret Favre...cripes, the NFL, past and present, is littered with guys from small scholls, etc...

How about Brandon Marshall? Jason Taylor? Joe Flacco?

I'm more concerned with everyone thinking kids have to be able to contribute NOW. I think some are taken with a long view in mind.

Never seen the kid play but I cannot fathom that there is no reason, other than he is Barney's kid that he was offered. I just can't imagine coaches do this in the Win Now environment of today.

I'm more concerned with everyone thinking kids have to be able to contribute NOW. I think some are taken with a long view in mind.

Never seen the kid play but I cannot fathom that there is no reason, other than he is Barney's kid that he was offered. I just can't imagine coaches do this in the Win Now environment of today.

Kurt Warner? Jerry Rice? Bruce Schoenefer? Steve McNair?

Ok, not Bruce. He was my college roommate after he transferred from a small school in Kansas. He did have to cover jerry Rice in a game and gave up 6 TD passes to him.

Maybe a little special favoring, the perks of having Barney Cotton as your dad. How did he even land this job, anyway? I die a little bit inside every time people bring up his name as a potential OC replacement.

I'm with those that are puzzled. It's not just a question. Even if he is a good prospect, why hand out a scholly to someone you could have for free?

Hawkins is struggling because he has trouble managing CU with his son on the roster. Barney may be doing something similar and if so, Bo will pay the price for it.

EZ-E...you don't think he is what at all?

I dont think he is taking any "un-planned" spots to phrase it well. It said that this has been kept underwraps for quite some time now.

I also believe that he will get some kind of discount on fees because his dad is employed by the school. There very well could be some things going on with this situation that we dont know about.

You know what I mean??

:restore

Barry Sanders was a decent player that got a little bit of attention. I trust the coaching staff. Maybe Bo saw something he really liked OR the kid is the type of blocker he is looking for. There is a good reason for it. Ohio and ISU were starting to show interest. I know that not big name stuff but sometimes all it takes is a little interest to spark something. Who knows. Only time will tell. Let's give the staff the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe the coaching staff sees something, but knows that Coach Pelini is gonna fire his dad at season's end...he'd need a scholarship then. Maybe its wishful thinking, but I think it would be worth it to get rid of Cotton the coach and use a scholarship on Cotton the kid.

Hmmm...that would be an interesting severance package. Something doesn't feel right about this. At the very least I would hope he is a greyshirt.