Add another one

EZ-E

this kid is nothing but a joke in football but life. I know the kid first hand by hanging out with people that he knows. Hes nothing but a drunk who likes to pick fights. I have seen him threaten to beat the sh#t out of woman i have seen him take two girls heads and bash them together but when you mention cops to this kid he gets scared because he didnt want to deal with the cops. Just thought husker nation would like to know were getting someone who likes to control women and threaten to beat the sh#t out of them and do nothing but talk sh#t about nebraska football and how bad our players are compared to him.

this thread is filled with so much disgusting bile i don't even know where to start. i really don't understand the hate for barney that so many of you seem to have, but i'm way more baffled by some of the other assumptions, particularly that pelini would purposefully make his football team worse just to throw a co-worker a bone.

would jake have walked on without a scholarship? who knows? even if he would have, scholarships should go to kids that deserve it based on merit, not based on their willingness or ability to pay their own way. this kid camped at NU this summer and obviously showed the coaches enough.

just because the kid is under the radar (have recruiting services even seen video of him?) doesn't mean he sucks. putting aside any "legacy" factors in this offer, this is the giant son of an NFL lineman and the "little" brother of a very promising young player. based on bloodline alone, he's likely to be a decent athlete, and we certainly need a few more big eaters in this class. was there this much gnashing of teeth when we beat iowa state out for ben?

our program is starting to regain its foundation and i'd appreciate it if star gazers and malcontents would at least pretend to be "the greatest fans in college football", rather than lighting torches. there's nothing wrong with discussing and questioning decisions, but some of you are just way, way out of line.

this staff took a team full of bad attitudes with little apparent coaching and squeezed out a 9 win season in their first year with the strong possibility of a repeat this year. the early returns on their ability to identify talent look promising. i think they've earned a little faith that they might know what they're doing.

this kid is nothing but a joke in football but life. I know the kid first hand by hanging out with people that he knows. Hes nothing but a drunk who likes to pick fights. I have seen him threaten to beat the sh#t out of woman i have seen him take two girls heads and bash them together but when you mention cops to this kid he gets scared because he didnt want to deal with the cops. Just thought husker nation would like to know were getting someone who likes to control women and threaten to beat the sh#t out of them and do nothing but talk sh#t about nebraska football and how bad our players are compared to him.

Classy first post. I take anything like this with a gran if salt, because for all I know you could very well be an angry ex girlfriend. That's the wonder of the internet!

The kid is 6'7 270 pounds. Can he really be that bad?

FWIW, I'm 6'5 280 pounds and absolutely terrible at football (well, I am a decent QB in flag football...).

In any event, I trust this staff enough that if they feel he warranted a scholly then I think he did. Also, a poster on HI who is very close to the program and has his fair share of opinions on recruiting has said after talking to those who have seen him play he thinks he is worthy of an offer. That pretty much settled it for me.

I was OK with the Tyler Evans offer. Scout and ESPN have him as 3*. He has height, speed, ups, and is smart as a whip. Put some meat on his bones in his redshirt year and he could be something.

But this offer? I know he was a late bloomer, looked like a b-ball player til recently, only starting to grow into his height this year. Seems to have the frame to be one big mofo when all is said and done. But in a class this small I'd rather be short on O-line than make a reach. Last year's class is supposed to be quite good and next year looks very promising.