"Notre Dame sucks: Who can we steal?"

There will be alot of talent looking around. We have maybe 4? spots left.

Who would you like to see us grab from the defecting commits?

BTW this is eerily like when our former HC left.

Shouldn't this thread of have been titled "Notre Dame sucks: Who can we steal?"

At first i thought maybe someone was going to say we should pick him up for our OC

:sarcasm

I'm guessing if they fire him that a big name like Gruden or another big name will take the job and most of the recruits will decide to stay. Unlike Nebraksa when most recruits hardly knew who BO was when he was named the coach.

At first i thought maybe someone was going to say we should pick him up for our OC

I'm guessing if they fire him that a big name like Gruden or another big name will take the job and most of the recruits will decide to stay. Unlike Nebraksa when most recruits hardly knew who BO was when he was named the coach.

Yea we lost alot of talent with that happening..

FWIW, ESPN has a 'IN' link on their CFB page, something to the effect, 'Stoops to ND talk heating up'....

Where theres smoke, usually theres fire. If a big name like Gruden or Stoops went, hard to see many kids decommit.

EDIT- Now ESPN has a link saying 'ND is blocking the tracking of school plane'.....I remember when TO and Co. were hopping around and people were tracking them, well until they shut the service down

FWIW, ESPN has a 'IN' link on their CFB page, something to the effect, 'Stoops to ND talk heating up'....

Where theres smoke, usually theres fire. If a big name like Gruden or Stoops went, hard to see many kids decommit.

EDIT- Now ESPN has a link saying 'ND is blocking the tracking of school plane'.....I remember when TO and Co. were hopping around and people were tracking them, well until they shut the service down

Weren't there rumor stories on SI a week or so ago about Jon Gruden already having a contract to go to ND? Turned those were false........

ESPN has an article about Gruden getting a multi-year extension with MNF. LINKhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4659441

Link

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops refuted a story in a Chicago newspaper that said he was a leading candidate to take over the non-vacant head coaching job at Notre Dame.

When asked by Oklahoma reporters about a published report in the Chicago Sun-Times that Stoops "had told confidants" he was interested in a potential Notre Dame coaching job, Stoops bristled at the story.

"That's ridiculous," Stoops told the Tulsa World Monday night following the Sooners' practice.

Stoops also was curious about what kind of friend would tell that story to a newspaper.

"Some confidant, huh?" Stoops said. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Notre Dame doesn't have a job [open]. And I haven't spoken to any confidants about anything, outside of trying to beat Texas Tech."

"You guys believe a 'confidant?' What's that? That's a pretty good buddy, wasn't it?" he said. "Maybe he felt things were going [bad enough at OU] that I needed that, huh? Buddy of mine trying to help me out, huh?

"People just make stuff up."