yet another Cody Green thread

HuckFoley

Wow. Kind of a rushed conclusion....Green has started 2 games. TWo! his first on the road and his second facing one of the top defenses in the country. What good would LTW do that the other two can't? We've proven that the oline and tailbacks haven't practiced enough option to run it successfully. There are no recievers to throw to. And whatever LTW did in the spring game....he did it with a green "no contact" jersey on. Keep that in mind.

Green was a TT target? Wasn't he a big A&M target or was it both?

Anyway, I thought Husker fans were supposed to be KNOWLEDGEABLE. you can't be serious about LTW. I mean, you just can't. Seriously.

Really?

:(

(edit - Wow. I don't know why I put Leach there initially. I meant Green. Must be getting old.)

Leach was a TT target? Wasn't he a big A&M target or was it both?

Anyway, I thought Husker fans were supposed to be KNOWLEDGEABLE. you can't be serious about LTW. I mean, you just can't. Seriously.

Really?

:(

Hopefully LTW will not play this year so they will be able to argue that if we only played him our offense would be perfect. They have to have a QB to hype and proclaim will be able to single handedly fix the offense.

A lot of things happen in practices and locker rooms that we don't see that influence coachs' decisions.

Some quarterbacks are lousy practice quarterbacks and better gameday quarterbacks. Some qbs aren't good in the locker room and don't have the full faith of the players. Coaches see this. We don't. But coaches always know enough never to appear panicky, which is why they rarely throw out the third stringer when the team is 6 - 3.

Knapple's right. Waaaayyy too early to have the book on Cody Green. Would have loved for him to step right in with the poise that matched his confidence, but I don't see why we had the right to expect that of a true freshman on a flawed offensive squad.

I would have loved for Spano to have not gotten injured so that Green could have redshirted. I think he could prove to be a very good QB, but he just isn't quite ready considering the handicaps he's been dealt with from those around him. The jury is still out on him whether or not he'll be able to throw this offense at some point in time on his back and carry us to victory. I think it's naive to basically write him off like a few have already.

This has been great... seeing all the replies and arguments (when I was even on your side on some of them).

Same thing as a couple of years ago when I told a similar board Ganz should get the start instead of Keller...

I got this SAME response...

in fact, Joe would never of got his chance had Sam not gotten hurt.

Anyway, this is what I mean by sheep... you guys just go with the herd.

Enjoy the rest of the thread and our now 2 QB anemic offense.

Cheers

I guess i'm following the herd because some arm chair OC thinks his opinion means more than anyone else's, so be it. The kid is a true freshman, played a whopping 2 games and you have already given up on him. Glad you have nothing to do with the team my friend because it would be 10 times worse than it is now. People still believe that Cody brings something to the table after 2 games simply due to the fact that it's 2 friggin games. Lee, he has shite the bed, no denying that, green on the other hand hasn't really been able to do much in maybe consider a game in a half total playing time. Pull your head out of your hind quarters and at least have some common sense when posting such nonsense.

This has been great... seeing all the replies and arguments (when I was even on your side on some of them).

Same thing as a couple of years ago when I told a similar board Ganz should get the start instead of Keller...

Cheers

Perhaps you should stop and think about what you're saying. I'm not too familiar with many programs who have fans calling for the THIRD STRING quarterback to start. From what I saw of his actual game time, i'm not impressed. If one full game and 5 possessions of another are enough to judge green then we should have already been able to see some impressive things from LTW in his handful of snaps. It's ridiculous to talk like this. You really want to throw a 3rd string qb without a start to his name into his first start on the road when the division title is on the line? Let's just Bill Callahan the rest of this season and play for next.

Cheers

Perhaps you should stop and think about what you're saying. I'm not too familiar with many programs who have fans calling for the THIRD STRING quarterback to start. From what I saw of his actual game time, i'm not impressed. If one full game and 5 possessions of another are enough to judge green then we should have already been able to see some impressive things from LTW in his handful of snaps. It's ridiculous to talk like this. You really want to throw a 3rd string qb without a start to his name into his first start on the road when the division title is on the line? Let's just Bill Callahan the rest of this season and play for next.

I do not think anyone in their right mind wants Washington to start against KU. We would lose the game. Lee gets the start as he should.

Jesus christ now that Cody Green isn't living up to the hype you people want Washington in? You will never be satisfied.

That's what I was saying... I don't know why Epoch did not like what I was saying.

I think epoc was referencing the OP since the OP did say that we wouldn't like what he had to say.