any word on Burkhead?

knapplc

Wait a minute ... I read the whole thread on Rex Burkhead and it was debated and concluded ... not only his season ... but his career is over.

Is someone sniffin' the white stuff again? or, do we just have a bunch of idiots who have no clue what the hell is going on?!!

SheepdogMark

Just a little tip...unless it comes from IBLEEDRED ( :sarcasm ), it might not be true. Now the injury type/severity has never really been known so it leaves alot to be debated. I really hope its true but I would say that not to rush anything and let rex get back to 100%.

:laughpound

You can take that to the bank... :snacks:

He told a friend from Plano he was getting better every day

:o don't tell me you tapped his phone!!

Rex will be back.

Given these coaches and what happened to Helu,

I sure as hell don't want him back until he is fully healed.

If that is next year, so be it.

Agreed. I would rather see a talented kid like him coming back next year, fully healthy, rather than re-injure that foot and put an end to his career.

But i think Pelini will make the right decision though. He did it for Blake Lawerence. Why not Burkhead?

Rex will be back.

Given these coaches and what happened to Helu,

I sure as hell don't want him back until he is fully healed.

If that is next year, so be it.

Agreed. I would rather see a talented kid like him coming back next year, fully healthy, rather than re-injure that foot and put an end to his career.

But i think Pelini will make the right decision though. He did it for Blake Lawerence. Why not Burkhead?

Doctors and the Lawrence family made the decision regarding Blake. Bo lets players decide if they want to play or not, as long as they're cleared medically.

Wait a minute ... I read the whole thread on Rex Burkhead and it was debated and concluded ... not only his season ... but his career is over.

Is someone sniffin' the white stuff again? or, do we just have a bunch of idiots who have no clue what the hell is going on?!!

SheepdogMark

I think you are exaggerating a bit here. There was no "conclusion" in the posted thread. There was, however, some speculation about possible outcomes. It's entirely true that a broken bone in a foot can be season ending if it doesn't heal properly. It's also entirely true that the bone can heal perfectly and the player can return to his normal play. It's not nearly as cut and dried as you are making it sound.

Anyways. Glad to hear Burkhead is doing well. We can sure use him!

Husker coach Bo Pelini said Monday that true freshman running back Rex Burkhead is "coming along good" in his rehabilitation from a foot injury that has sidelined him since the practices leading up to the Texas Tech game.

"He ran yesterday and he's progressing really well," Pelini said. "We expect to have him here in the next couple of weeks."

Pelini said he expects tight Mike McNeill to be ready to go by the Kansas State game.

The junior had four catches against Kansas, but his fourth one came at a physical cost. McNeill took a shot in the rib area early in the fourth quarter and did not return to the game.

"We expect him for this week. He was feeling a lot better yesterday," Pelini said. "Whether we practice him today or not, that's to be determined yet. We expect him to be ready to play."

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...e_of_weeks.html

Man it would be sweet to have Rex back for the Colorado game. If we win this weekend and get into the B12 championship game the Colorado game could serve as a tune up. Having two good, HEALTHY backs for the game agianst Texas will be essential.

great news, doesn't it just make you think everything is starting to come together

First things first, Wildkittens

:facepalm:

Burkhead was projected to at least be out until the beginning of December. After Spano, these doctors AND coaches need to learn not to mess with these kids and rush them back. The kid is always gonna say they feel great regardless. They need to learn when to tell them "no" and back them down for their own sake.

:facepalm:

Burkhead was projected to at least be out until the beginning of December. After Spano, these doctors AND coaches need to learn not to mess with these kids and rush them back. The kid is always gonna say they feel great regardless. They need to learn when to tell them "no" and back them down for their own sake.

:yeah

I agree, I hope he doesn't end up like Spano, i'm shocked that Spano hasn't been back at practice, it's been 3 months, right? :sarcasm