ATH/QB Danny Spond

Spooky Tooth

• 2 weeks later...

How in the world is Hawkins going to be able to recruit from here on? Everyone and their dog knows that if he doesn't pony up more than 8 wins and a decent bowl performance, he's gone like the wind. I think the guy should have tried to get out of there with the three million instead of suffering another season of disgrace and controversy and leaving with two.

How in the world is Hawkins going to be able to recruit from here on? Everyone and their dog knows that if he doesn't pony up more than 8 wins and a decent bowl performance, he's gone like the wind. I think the guy should have tried to get out of there with the three million instead of suffering another season of disgrace and controversy and leaving with two.

i had read that CU canceled all offical recruiting visits for the Nebraska game too.... of course if was also thrown in that CU didnt' want recruits to hear the crowd booing their coach and team....

And, seeing the stadium filled with RED and having the Husker crowd out-perform the CU crowd.....which we did yesterday.

lists Stanford as a school of interest..... lets one one believe he is gonna ditch Cu for Stanford....

only others offers were Duke and Wyoming so i guess that makes sense.... wonder if the stanford choice is where he wants to be or the best option he has currently going........

stanford sure beats duke and wyoming... so i can see why

From Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 1 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

DANNY SPOND, ATH, 6-3, 230, 4.6, LITTLETON (COLUMBINE), COLORADO

Opened Up Recruitment

“I’ve heard from some schools,” said Spond who just de-committed from Colorado, “I’ve recently heard from University of Stanford (offer) again other than that not too many just because my de-commitment has been so recent. I plan on looking into some schools that have contacted me in the past spark their relationship again and see where that goes.”

“I’m trying with UCLA I’ve talked to Southern Cal, Alabama, Oregon and Arizona State. I haven’t been offered to all these schools I just talked to them quite a bit before I committed to Colorado. I sent some films to University of Tennessee, UCLA and TCU.” Spond said

Enjoyed Stanford Visit

“Besides the way their (Stanford) program is going this year, I’ve been out there a couple of times. Stanford is just a classy type of team. The coaches care about their players, but at the same time they are winning and they know how to get it done right now.” Spond said

“I took an unofficial (Stanford) for junior days back in the summer I visited the campus and everything. I really loved it its beautiful. I liked it quite a bit it’s such a beautiful campus. The stadium is one of a kind that’s for sure. Playing there would be quite the honor for anybody.” Spond said

“I’ve talked to coach Durkin and also coach Harbaugh quite a bit the past couple of weeks, exchanged conversations and stuff.” Spond said

“I definitely will go to Stanford on an official,” Spond said, “I’m not exactly when but try to work in my schedule as well as theirs. The best time take an official out there.”

Colorado Situation

“Beginning of the year they (Colorado) had a whole different vibe where I thought the program was going and it ended up something where It wouldn’t be stable for a couple of years. I wanted to be at a college for four years and with all the stuff going on with Hawkins it would be pretty tough with a new coach.” Spond said

Huskers’ Interest

“Nebraska (no offer) has not contacted me yet I would say it’s too early I just de-committed last Saturday. What I plan on doing is making phone calls to previous coaches and see what is going on.” Spond said

“I’ve talked to them (Nebraska) in the past and everything. They are another program that I’m interested in. I actually went the CU and Nebraska game this past weekend. I really like how that (Nebraska) program is moving.” Spond said

“I played quarterback on my high school team. I’m being recruited a lot to play linebacker, safety and tight end. I like quarterback but if I have to play another position that’s fine.” Spond said

Spond said he will take his entire five visits before a decision is made. He has no leader.