Pelini's temper

np_husker

I'm sure this won't win me any friends on this board, but...

Pelini's outbursts on the sideline are boorish and serve no purpose. Does he really think making fools of his assistants and players on national TV does anything positive? It doesn't. Come on, you're a highly paid coach at a major college, show some class.

I'm not taking anything away from his coaching and what he has done with the team in the past two seasons. I think he will end up being a great coach, but watch the temper.

Does it bother his assistants? That's the real question. If bothers a bunch of them, then there's probably an issue. If not, who cares? Hopefully people know what they are getting into when they go coach for Bo. If you can't stand to have him up in your face yelling about why your player just got schooled, maybe you need to find a new place to coach.

I'm sure this won't win me any friends on this board, but...

Pelini's outbursts on the sideline are boorish and serve no purpose. Does he really think making fools of his assistants and players on national TV does anything positive? It doesn't. Come on, you're a highly paid coach at a major college, show some class.

I'm not taking anything away from his coaching and what he has done with the team in the past two seasons. I think he will end up being a great coach, but watch the temper.

Pelini is a guy who wants us to be fundamentally sound and not beat ourselves and thats what makes him angry, stupid mistakes. He does not do it to make our assistants look foolish or anything like that and quite frankly this is a stupid thread and he is an intense guy and this is just rediculous. He has turned around our football team in two years and you still find something to nit pick about. We won try to enjoy that and not cry around

The issue would be if Pelini makes it an environment that isn't conducive to coaching well, and I don't think he does. He may get up in people's faces and yell during the game, but I doubt any of them feel like they've been wronged by him, that he doesn't care, and so on. Those are when the real problems start showing up.

And let's face it, these aren't sissies coaching on the sideline, afaik. Like I said, if you can't stand someone up in your face yelling for a short time when someone you take responsibility for screws up, well, maybe day care is a better profession for you. No yelling allowed there.