Pelini's temper

np_husker

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Every damn week........let it go.....he's intense. These coaches click just fine off the field and I never hear Bo calling out coaches in a press conference (ala mike leech going after his D coordinator causing him to quit i believe....) Bo Pelini is the Head man and it's a high pressure job with high expectations...that would make 99% of us on this board stressed at times....

AMEN!!!!!!!!! We have an overwhelming amount of people like myself that are very happy with the job that Pelini is doing on and off the field, BUT we have several clowns out there that thinks he is a bully or gets too excited. Well its one thing not that he is mean or wants to embarass people but he is passionate about winning and passionate about Nebraska football which is what we all wanted in a head coach after BILL got shown the boot. People lets be happy that with Pelini at the helm we have a chance to compete week in and week out, so lets quit the crying he is doing a remarkable job.

IMO anyone who is critical of Pelini's temper don't have a high stress type job or they got time outs when they were little instead of a good spanking. You pry don't like it b/c you have a boss that is that way. Something is making you have LMS (little man syndrome). All I know is when you do have a high stress career with big projects everyone better be on the same page and if they're not you better get them with the program. The coaches are all adults and can take an a_ _ chewin, the players are D-1 athletes and can take one too. And FYI Osborne didn't do it but don't think for a second that his assistants didn't.

No sh!t, McBride woulda bodyslammed Bo in his hayday. How's about George Darlington, I went to a fooball camp there once, he was an a-hole. Craig Bohl was a prick too, (tho we all know how he turned out). Just cuz The Father Tom was never seen doin this kind of stuff doesnt mean the whole staff was a bunch of quiet souls that never yelled at anyone.

I like that Bo's passionate, but the question that no one is addressing is whether his sideline outbursts actually make us play any better. I don't think they do. Our assistant coaches are adults, they shouldn't need a screaming HC to get their units playing full throttle. Furthermore, I don't think berating position coaches in the middle of a game does anything to help team morale, if anything it does the opposite.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make when I started this thread.

<_<<_<

sure, ok? Cuz the o-line totally went down the toilet and accomplished absolutely nothing the rest of the game after coach Barney got his chewin. And the defense just has not shown any improvement in 1.5 years with this horrible coachin job from this angry maniac. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WHAT'S GOIN ON. So far the players are reactin positively to this, and honestly, so has the press, you see today's post game press conference, i dont remember any stupid questions, and it was relatively quick, just the way Bo likes it. Leave him and the rest of the staff alone and let them continue the awesome job theyre doin.

Bo is fine. I think people who complain about him getting into his assistants face haven't seen enough football. So many coaches at the college and pro level do it. Now if Bo were punching his assistants ala Tom Cable then we would have a problem.

Now now....he cleared his name....tom cable is a gentleman's gentleman....whatever the hell THAT means. :dunno

IMO anyone who is critical of Pelini's temper don't have a high stress type job or they got time outs when they were little instead of a good spanking. You pry don't like it b/c you have a boss that is that way. Something is making you have LMS (little man syndrome). All I know is when you do have a high stress career with big projects everyone better be on the same page and if they're not you better get them with the program. The coaches are all adults and can take an a_ _ chewin, the players are D-1 athletes and can take one too. And FYI Osborne didn't do it but don't think for a second that his assistants didn't.

No sh!t, McBride woulda bodyslammed Bo in his hayday. How's about George Darlington, I went to a fooball camp there once, he was an a-hole. Craig Bohl was a prick too, (tho we all know how he turned out). Just cuz The Father Tom was never seen doin this kind of stuff doesnt mean the whole staff was a bunch of quiet souls that never yelled at anyone.

I remember one of the former players telling me stories of some of the epic tirades Solich would go on when he was RB coach. All 5'8 of Solich dressing down a 6'+ player and turning him into Jello.

Thank God I am not the only one who thinks this.

A lot of us think this, I think, and we say nothing because we know the "Good Old Days" of Husker Football under Osborne weren't all sunshine and daisies. They were tough, with tough coaches riding the players hard, demanding excellence.

Bo is not yet even a good and far from a great HC. He is not a class act. He acts like he is a defensive coordinator who gets paid to raise hell. Yapping at a player coming off the field in the heat of battle is probably to be expected for a relatively new head coach, or even an experienced one. Yapping at assistants on camera is bush league, plain and simple.

Does anyone think that we would have been better off if the offensive coaches he was belittling on national TV where friends and family watch would have walked and let Bo little call the plays and run the offense?

Does Pellini think he would appreciate it if the head coach made him the scapegoat on national TV when he was a DC?

There is time for that krap when the cameras are off. Class is not something you pick up unfortunately. If he doesn't change his ways and we start losing, Bo will be kicked out of Lincoln much faster than the last two HC's . He hasn't figured that out yet. He is FAR from a class act.

And ragging on Watson only increases the reason for Gabbert to decommit. Watson was the only reason Gabbert committed. His family cannot be happy to see the reason they wanted to come to Nebraska being humiliated week after week on TV. BUSH LEAGUE and will only work as long as there are more W's than L's.

You are a total BCer, get over it.

If you think that Gabbert is going to pick another school because his boyfriend Watson is getting yelled at then you are a bigger BCer then I thought.

I didn't mean to leave anyone out. I'm just glad that the rants of some aren't the views of all.

A lot of us think this, I think, and we say nothing because we know the "Good Old Days" of Husker Football under Osborne weren't all sunshine and daisies. They were tough, with tough coaches riding the players hard, demanding excellence.

I like that Bo's passionate, but the question that no one is addressing is whether his sideline outbursts actually make us play any better. I don't think they do. Our assistant coaches are adults, they shouldn't need a screaming HC to get their units playing full throttle. Furthermore, I don't think berating position coaches in the middle of a game does anything to help team morale, if anything it does the opposite.

The O-Line definitely played better after Cotton got ripped a new one.

Yep, If Bo doesn't like something he sees, he'll let the coaches know about it and he won't sugarcoat it. As the old saying goes, chit rolls downhill. Barney needs to relay the message to the line, This is Nebraska, you knock THEM off the ball...

I was at the game and didn't notice him at all getting angry. Haven't seen the presser after the game but from what I noticed he was chill during the game. Then again I wasn't really concentrating on him.

Bo lit it up a couple of times. Coincidentally, these were the same times I had my hands in the air yelling at my TV. Bo blows a gasket when it's deserved.