Scott Frost's amazing comments in 2005.

Husker1995

First of all, you do not want Scott Frost or Eric Crouch anywhere NEAR the teaching of quarterbacks how to pass. Great competitors and leaders, but even as seniors they didn't seem to grasp the basic fundamentals or mechanics of passing. That Frost has become an astute defensive coach suggests Bill Walsh was right.

Keep in mind that while Scott Frost was a small town Nebraskan, his father had played for Devaney/Osborne and his mother was an all-American track star at UNL. If there was a "diss" to the program, it was by a couple savvy parents and UNL sports alums. In fairness to them, when Bill Walsh comes to your kitchen table in Wood River or wherever and offers a scholarship to one of the finest academic universities in the country, your loyalty to your son might weigh heavier than your loyalty to your state.

I think there was also some scuttlebutt that Mr. and Mrs. Frost did not think UNL was giving Scotty enough love and/or had some older slight they held against the athletic department.

And since we have a thread with Bill Walsh in it, might as well point out yet again that the WCO was never a pass-happy offense. It was designed to be a high-percentage offense. And the legion of coaches who went on to adopt and fine-tune the WCO would be perfectly happy to have 200 yard rushing days if that's what's clicking

If you go back and watch footage of the Spring game in 95', Frost had a really nice throwing motion. Where the shotput motion came from when he started playing in 96' for NU came from I have no idea. Crouch actually was a pretty decent passer. In the early games his jr. and sr. year, he did a pretty good job. The problem was that he got so beat up from running the ball all the time that his shoulder just wasn't there. Didn't he have his shoulder operated on twice?

I think another thing that came into play for Frost going to Stanford had to do with his older brother. His older brother was playing at Colorado State when Colorado State was downright awful. Walsh picked them both up. I think this kind of played into the parents mind as well.

Haha, not sure I'd like to see Crouch doing some coaching...Frost, that would be nice.

And jeez, knapplc, it's like you've met EVERYONE! Wow.

Why not? I have spoken to him several times and he is a genuinely nice guy.

Pleeenty of people are "genuinely nice guys". <_< Why does that qualify him to be a position coach at Nebraska?